Own Driving Range Tees?

coach

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been unhappy with the tees at my local range especially the lack of short tees to be able to practice teeing off with my hybrids and irons. Is there anything I can buy to take to the range?

Actual tees or the little rubber piece that goes under the mat?

I bought my own rubber tees for mats, they're only a few dollars and the convenience is much better

I've used something like this for years. Only costs a couple few bucks. Search "Gogo tee holder" Depending on how thick your mats are, you can either plug in a shortie tee or hit irons/hybos directly off the rubber thingie sticking up through the mat.
shopping

For some reason driving ranges seem to think we want to hit balls teed 3+ inches high. I bought some of my own and trimmed them

I've used something like this for years. Only costs a couple few bucks. Search "Gogo tee holder"
shopping
That's what I have too. Much better than the one size does not fit all approach at most ranges.

Yeah I carry a set with me for when they are missing or absurdly high (or low). I bought a set on eBay for next to nothing but I've seen them at Golf Galaxy and similar stores too.

I have an adjustable range tee which is nice since I don't want a 3 wood teed up anything like a driver.

Groove RT, They make a rubber tee for mats that have the portion which can screw up and down so you can adjust it for FW or Driver, find one and keep it in your bag.

https://youtu.be/dFLhhGtTn3A

i use one, fantastic!

I use something similar what has been posted in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great options. Thank you!

I have 3 of the white rubber tees. $5 for a 3 pack of various heights.

Ive had the same problem at my range. Always searching for a tee for my desired height and its like a fight for tees. The owner complains like crazy that hes tired of buying tees due to people steeling them and while I don't blame him I say "but your in business and you need to supply tees" so its got to be a business expense. Problem is that most of the ones he buys are ridiculous tall or at least those are the ones no one steels and is all he seems to have. I don't know how people hit from tees that high.

Anyway I finally bought the one that "daddio" shows. But I found the tee would fly out too often, sometimes break (if wood) and also always needed readjusting. So I then bough these . Best few bucks I ever invested. Adjustable via simple screw up/down, doesn't break nor fly out, doesn't need constant adjustment once set. Only have to sometimes give it a little bend after sevral hits. But works really well. Have used them for some time now and not even close to being worn. They also come in (yellow) a larger size (if you want or in case your matts are really thick. But honestly the blue ones go up more than high enough for a one inch matt. The blue bottom portion sticks up slightly above the matt and the screw/tee can trun down close or up a couple inches. https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Te...qid=1501565359&sr=8-2&keywords=precision+tees

I brought my own rubber tees that I carry in my bag. It's a lot easier.

I have pack that I bought from GG; has three heights of rubber tees (all red so the range guy doesn't think I'm stealing his), and one short one that accepts real tees. That one is a pain in the duff though because of the need to retrieve the tee.

I'm liking the idea of that precision tee rollin posted the link to. Going to look for it next time I'm at our golf store.

I bought a set of 5 heights for $10 on eBay - Works great.

I have pack that I bought from GG; has three heights of rubber tees (all red so the range guy doesn't think I'm stealing his), and one short one that accepts real tees. That one is a pain in the duff though because of the need to retrieve the tee.
I practice occasionally at a course range that installed an artificial turf type surface. You can get tees into it. What I do to avoid chasing tees is to tie a string to the tee and the other end to the ball basket

I have one but luckly most of the ranges i go to are grass so i do not need it

Why fight what you can't fix? It's getting more common for ranges not to supply mat tees.

Any decent shop has every size in 1/4" increments. I carry my favorite sizes including the tee holder.

I watched Danny Le just use normal tees and trim them to size with a wire cutter that he carried in his bag... seemed like an easy fix

Back