This is good to hear.

That is awesome to hear.

What a great post, thanks for sharing your son's story with us. I hope he continues to find joy in the game!

That is great!!! Keep us posted on his game as things move along.

Jack

that is all just so very awesome to hear. Very happy for you guys. I can sense the love and joy in your post. Thanks for sharing :)

d88db0c55e4c004d75ba777a5637576e.jpg

Just got him a practice net in my warehouse!

That is so awesome, thanks for sharing. Our children all have different challenges in life and to hear about your son flourishing is so encouraging and makes me so happy for him and you. Better watch out dad, he is going to be beating you on the course before long :)

I'm being super careful to just let his instructor do the teaching, and not offer advice unless he asks... I didn't mention earlier, but his sister is also very excited and taking lessons.

That's awesome. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to swing a golf club.

This is awesome to hear. That's great he has a new passion. I do have a question though, when looking for an instructor did you come across any (if you called more than one) that had any hesitation in teaching someone with Autism? Did you tell them prior to setting up the lessons?

Like I said, this is awesome to hear he found a new passion. I look forward to reading more about his achievements. Can't wait to hear about his rounds with the golf team. :alien2:

We talked to a guy who had worked with my dad in the past so we knew his demeanor. He had zero hesitation at all about it.

Very very nice to hear! Keep it up!

Update. My dad and I just took my son for his 1st round of golf, we played 9 holes on an executive course, we didn't really keep his score but he did better than I had expected, in fact 1st hole connected on his driver straight down the middle of the fairway... only about 100 yards or so, but it was awesome!

I'm almost moved to tears reading this.
You just made my day with this post; I wish I had seen it earlier.

that's so wonderful! my son has similar challenges, though a different diagnosis. he is only 4, but it's looking his outlet will be swimming. the unbridled joy he experiences while in the water is a gift from God. it's so wonderful that he is finding joy in one of your passions as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome to read this. My son was diagnosed with ASD when he was 2. He's 4 1/2 now. His motor planning and fine motor skills aren't developed enough to allow him to swing a club, but I'm hopeful that in the next couple of years that will change. Regardless, he absolutely loves to go to the golf course with me and just hang out with daddy. He asks me every few days to go to the golf course.

Back