Golf Specific Stretching and injury help

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I am going to be working with a local physical therapy center that has a specialization in golf to come up with a video series for THP'ers. The series will focus on golf stretches, and different things we can do to, and for, our bodies to help prevent injury and help heal nagging issues we might be suffering from.

I want to hear from you, what are some of your biggest aches and pains that you would like some help with?

Left shoulder flexibility as well as hip flexors... my turn is tight (in a bad way) and painful

I love this idea. I would be interested in full body golf stretches as there are plenty of times when I am out of the car and straight to the first tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left shoulder flexibility as well as hip flexors... my turn is tight (in a bad way) and painful

Really good one they did here.

Lower back and hamstring tightness/soreness would be a great topic to cover IMO! This should be great, can't wait to see more!

Currently dealing with some wicked lower back pain. Something that helps there would be fantastic!

• Admin

This is a hip flexor stretch video we put up a couple of weeks ago, but we will have more, specifically for golfers, with this new series, but thought you might like to see this one in the meantime.

Will be following this one closely.

use of foam rollers, lacrosse balls, etc

Mine is typically lower back, but right now trying to strengthen lower abdominal muscles after hernia surgery.

Really good one they did here.

This is a hip flexor stretch video we put up a couple of weeks ago, but we will have more, specifically for golfers, with this new series, but thought you might like to see this one in the meantime.

Now that's service. Thanks guys!

Lower back and hamstring tightness/soreness would be a great topic to cover IMO! This should be great, can't wait to see more!

Here is one we posted today on hamstrings. Again, we will have more golf specific stuff with the new series, but this can get you started.

[video=youtube;a47ts8Tyr-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47ts8Tyr-I[/video]

Tendon between thumb and wrist gets inflamed. I'm not hurting it any (so says the doctor), but it definitely nags me the day after a golf round.

~Rock

Keep the suggestions coming. We want to try and help address everyone's issues. We are very excited about this.

What about something with reference to sciatica maybe?

Another vote for the lower back here.

The older I get, the more I look like Miguel Angel Jimenez during my warm up routine. Looking forward to having some more professional material to imitate :D

Low back. Neck/Traps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrist and elbow related soreness/injuries from tendinitis or impact stress

Lower back is a huge issue for me. It tends to tighten up midway through a round.

This is a great thread idea. Thanks GG!

My biggest issues are my lower and upper back. My lower back is perpetually tight, although it seems fairly flexible (considering). My upper back doesn't cause me any pain, but it really restricts my follow through until I'm really warmed up. I need something to help keep those areas stretched.

Looking forward to what you can share with us here.

Intercostal stretches. I have strained mine three times this year.

I had just posted the other day about warm up stretches and motions. Would love to see a collection of THP videos on the topic addressing all the major golf muscle groups.

Back and hips seem the Best areas to start.

Yup. Lower back. L1 to L5.

I have a real problem lately with what feels like a side strain on the left side of my back (I'm right handed), between my ribs and my pelvis.

Back