Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

I see you couldn't wait until 8/8 :) What shaft did you get?

I was too convicned Frank, after bombing it over 265 it sold quite easily. I have the kuro kage in there. Looking forward to using it at Gold Mountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inglorious first round, good range session, missed the first two FW's badly and put it away. First round in 2+ weeks after a really bad bout of pneumonia and went back to the driver. Managed a 38 on the front because of a great short game but was completely gassed by the back and threw up a lousy 48. Need to get the lungs healthy, quickly.

I've had the 14 (playing it at 16) with the KK shaft tipped 1/2" in the bag for the past month. It's been a game changer for me. Off the tee it's just so easy to control, has incredible distance for what is basically a 4 wood, and is very forgiving on miss hits. High penetrating flight. Easy to work both ways.

I don't need to play it off the deck often but when I do, I get the same positive results. Very easy to get up. Don't let the size of the head scare you away from this one. I've never had so much confidence in a 3 wood.

My first post here. Very interested in the mini 1.5. Wondering if any one has experimented with non-standard shaft lengths? Wouldn't increasing the length tend to bring the distance more comparable to a driver? Considering dropping my driver for one of these. Must admit, major reason for this is I like the looks of the club. I began to play back in the 70s before the big driver craze. Quite frankly, these 460 cc drivers just don't look right to me.

FWIW. Quit playing in the 90s. Recently retired and playing 3 or 4 times a week now.

My first post here. Very interested in the mini 1.5. Wondering if any one has experimented with non-standard shaft lengths? Wouldn't increasing the length tend to bring the distance more comparable to a driver? Considering dropping my driver for one of these. Must admit, major reason for this is I like the looks of the club. I began to play back in the 70s before the big driver craze. Quite frankly, these 460 cc drivers just don't look right to me.

FWIW. Quit playing in the 90s. Recently retired and playing 3 or 4 times a week now.

Welcome! I'm playing the 12* head set to 11* at the stock length and I'm only about 10 yards behind my driver on equally well struck shots. I could drop driver without an issue but I have an open spot so I do carry it but only hit it 2-3 times per round.

Give it a try - most people have found great success with it.

First welcome to,THP. i have the 12* with std length and I am seeing very close to same distance as my driver. I am still in the process of debating whether to go driver replacement or loft up and keep it as an option for shorter holes or where accuracy is needed.

I like this club. I don't hit it off the deck, I leave the Heavenwood for that. I do use it for a driver replacement on par 4's under 350 and par 5's under 450, or if the hole is a dogleg and my landing zone is shorter than a driver.

Thanks to UPS tracking I see that mine was delivered. I'm really anxious to get home and head to the range.

I'm still curious how this club set to 16° with 44" shaft is carrying just as far, if not further than my driver at 45.5" shaft... a head scratcher for sure. Now the ponder is real whether or not to pull driver out of the bag!

You are really making it hard to not get one of these clubs, this is why I love THP always enabling the club monster in us.

If only I had a 120 mph swing or even a 105 mph or a consistent 100. I truly shined as a Internet golfer today, beautiful course great company and no game.

You are really making it hard to not get one of these clubs, this is why I love THP always enabling the club monster in us.

If only I had a 120 mph swing or even a 105 mph or a consistent 100. I truly shined as a Internet golfer today, beautiful course great company and no game.

Don't fight it. If you need a fairway finder that can be almost as long as driver and more forgiving - this is it. Without question.

At 12* I have been contemplating taking driver out but am also ponder in lofting to 14* and see if that changes the gap between driver and this.

For those that have lofted up/down have you seen any change in how it setup at address and has there been any change in carry distance and roll out?

What do you have yours set to, Cookie?

#Cookie could you see getting a second Callaway mini 1.5 in 14° and lofting it up to 16° and dropping driver from the bag. Just a thought.

Always a possibility but not sure what I gain there as I'm very confident with the 3h which is my off deck club or tee club up to 215. Only benefit of the 16* would be if I could consistently hit it 230 off the deck. I don't need a "shorter than 11* Mini" off the tee club.

Always a possibility but not sure what I gain there as I'm very confident with the 3h which is my off deck club or tee club up to 215. Only benefit of the 16* would be if I could consistently hit it 230 off the deck. I don't need a "shorter than 11* Mini" off the tee club.

Good point. I don't hit FW off the fairway often either.

I had a TE exotics 3++ wood (11.5° loft and 43.5" shaft) I used as my driver for a season and it worked very well for me. I would probably still be using it as my driver if it had a deeper face unfortunately it was a true 3-wood. It was a great driver though and my handicap dropped 2 points that summer.

Mine came in yesterday, picled up amd quickly sent it back. The seller stated " like new" it had skymarks and looks like it went through war. In search of another one to complete my bag

Mine came in yesterday, picled up amd quickly sent it back. The seller stated " like new" it had skymarks and looks like it went through war. In search of another one to complete my bag

Theres a 12* with R kuro kage in the marketplace that just got posted a few hours ago

Theres a 12* with R kuro kage in the marketplace that just got posted a few hours ago

Thanks for the heads up. Wish it was a stiff I would buy it in a heartbeat the R is too soft for my swing

I was too convicned Frank, after bombing it over 265 it sold quite easily. I have the kuro kage in there. Looking forward to using it at Gold Mountain

I'll watch intently and not actually ask but wait for you to offer :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Stupid question time. Going +2 on a 14* changes it to 16* and not 12*, right?

Back