Matrix Maru Shafts

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Matrix tweeted about a new shaft that was seeing some Tour use.

oSOBeREU_normal.jpg
Matrix Shafts (@MatrixShafts)
8/1/17, 2:45 PM
#MARU is out on tour! Being tested ? #bringoutthewarrior #matrixshafts pic.twitter.com/NcXL6agQmJ

Sweet looking design, but no details other than that.

Think JB and I will be at Matrix next week. Guess we can try to get some info

True. And we can do better. Maybe we can give a few away with some shoulder tapping?

Fan of Matrix shafts so looking forward to learning more about these.

True. And we can do better. Maybe we can give a few away with some shoulder tapping?

I suppose we could do that.

Whaaaaaat? I can get with this.

I'm already curious if this is replacing the Deus or Reign line, or in addition to it. Also, what tech they put into it. That's all I got until info about it comes out hehe

THP-friendly color scheme. Looks clean

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I do like the colors/graphics on these. Would love to find out more about them.

Very interesting, Matrix makes some great shafts, looking forward to more info from JB and ddec.

Heck yes on the Shoulder Tapping

I've used many of their shafts over the years and they are outstanding!!

Long-time fan of various Matrix shafts. In looking at the Matrix Instagram feed, looks like 3 colors/profiles. Sounds like we'll be getting the low-down on these next week!

I should have known THP would be delivering the details on these soon. Looking forward to finding out more about the different profiles.

[h=3]Green[/h][FONT=&quot]
From Matrix:
“Soft butt and active tip sections create an incredibly responsive feel without sacrificing control. Easy to hit and easy to launch. Ideal for a wide range of smooth tempo swing speeds.”[/FONT]
[h=3]Blue[/h][FONT=&quot]From Matrix: “Designed with a stiff butt and responsive tip section to create a firm, yet balanced EI profile. Ideal for stronger players, with a faster release, looking for outstanding stability without sacrificing feel.”[/FONT]
[h=3]Red[/h][FONT=&quot]From Matrix: “Stout overall profile with an extra-stiff tip section. Ideal for more aggressive, high-swing speed players that heavily load the shaft, and prefer a firm controlled feel.”

Should be interesting. I just got some of these in from my Matrix guy. 60X and 70X. Looks sweet.[/FONT]

[h=3]Green[/h][FONT="][B]
From Matrix:[/B] “Soft butt and active tip sections create an incredibly responsive feel without sacrificing control. Easy to hit and easy to launch. Ideal for a wide range of smooth tempo swing speeds.”[/FONT]
[h=3][B]Blue[/B][/h][FONT="]From Matrix: “Designed with a stiff butt and responsive tip section to create a firm, yet balanced EI profile. Ideal for stronger players, with a faster release, looking for outstanding stability without sacrificing feel.”[/FONT]
[h=3]Red[/h][FONT="]From Matrix: “Stout overall profile with an extra-stiff tip section. Ideal for more aggressive, high-swing speed players that heavily load the shaft, and prefer a firm controlled feel.”

Should be interesting. I just got some of these in from my Matrix guy. 60X and 70X. Looks sweet.[/FONT]
JB, when you are at Matrix, can you ask if "faster release" (from the description of the Blue above) means the same thing as an early release?

From Pgatour.com

The new "Maru" lineup consists of three mid-launching and mid-spinning profiles that are designed to optimize performance unique to every swing.

AKRON, Ohio — Matrix's newest shaft offering made its TOUR debut at the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational. The new "Maru" lineup consists of three mid-launching and mid-spinning profiles that are designed to optimize feel and performance based on swing type and speed.
Each shaft utilizes the company's Gradient Energy Flow (GEF) technology to produce "Tour-type" trajectory and improve ball speed. The GEF also helps enhance stability in the mid-section, which in turn transfers more power directly to the club head at impact.
According to Matrix, the Maru Green has the softest butt and tip section in the lineup. The active tip section makes it easier to get the ball in the air without sacrificing control. The shaft is built for players with a smooth swing.
Maru Blue, which replaces Matrix Speed Rulz B-Type, has a stiffer butt section and responsive tip section that creates a balanced EI profile. The shaft is geared for the stronger golfer with a faster release who needs extra stability but doesn't want to sacrifice feel.
The final shaft in the lineup, Maru Red, will replace Speed Rulz C-Type and features an extra-stiff butt and tip section. The Red profile is made for high-swing speed players that "heavily load the shaft, and prefer a firm, controlled fee."

I'm thinking I'd like to try the blue. The red might be a little too "aggressive" for me. Blue in X flex... nice!

I have always like Matrix shafts, this one sounds like a performer. The design of this really is something else,dig the looks. The blue sounds right up my alley to the profile I suit . Looking forward to hearing more on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That blue sounds about perfect! Not to mention it would probably look amazing on a blue F7+ :)

blue sounds interesting. i like an active tip, particularly in a fairway wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this on Twitter earlier and am definitely intrigued. I think my old 3 wood shaft was a Matrix and I was just thinking about it the other day. I remember really liking how it felt and reacted to my swing.

Oh and the design and warrior theme is easy to like!

Saw this on Twitter earlier and am definitely intrigued. I think my old 3 wood shaft was a Matrix and I was just thinking about it the other day. I remember really liking how it felt and reacted to my swing.

Oh and the design and warrior theme is easy to like!

I just put Matrix Red Ties in both my fairway woods and I absolutely love them. The Maru intrigues me because I think I'd actually benefit from a little more spin with the driver..

I'm a big fan of the black tie and I'm wondering where these would fit in compared to that.

0e51187ae6edbf5a4acc5a173b3cf206.jpg

I like what I see so far. Looking forward to the spec details.

Back