Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

Nice Kyle!

I went core down in mine today after the first round, much better flight to apex for me, which is intriguing. Eager to get some numbers hopefully Friday as I'm still considering moving to a 10.5 head eventually.

Flipping the core down made a big difference for me. Didn't think that was possible.

I played yesterday in non-swampy conditions and pounded the 815.

I picked up the 10.5 with the speeder 565 from CPO, finally got a chance to hit it last night at my lesson, pretty good numbers on the LM but drawing it a bit more going to try to move the heavier weight to the toe. Tried to see if I could tell which was which but didn't see any markings, anyone know how to tell?

The weights usually have numbers on them. Higher number is heavier weight.

Thinking about switching over to the darkside and getting me this driver. $225 used but excellent condition... good deal?

Pretty excited we are giving one of these away.

Thank. I went to Dicks and checked it out. Didn't get a chance to hit it. I'm in full ponder mode between this and a Romaro Ray HX460. The JDM clubs just keep calling out to me!!

565 for me!

Thinking about switching over to the darkside and getting me this driver. $225 used but excellent condition... good deal?

Check CallawayPreowned.com. Depending on which shaft you want their pricing can be better than that.

Pretty excited we are giving one of these away.
Someone is going to be extremely happy.

Thinking about switching over from the darkside and getting me this driver. $225 used but excellent condition... good deal?
FIFY :act-up:
I also recommend CPO, they have really good prices and condition is usually better than listed.

I also recommend CPO, they have really good prices and condition is usually better than listed.

you guys are correct, found a Like New condition one for $215! Now its matter of pulling the trigger!

Man. Too bad the 815's from CPO doesn't come with the awesome, cool, stock headcover! I know, I know... It's just a headcover, but it's one of the coolest I've seen in a while.

"Thinking about switching over fromthe darkside and getting me this driver. $225 used but excellent condition... good deal?"

Hahaha I just caught that. TM has been great (for me) but Callaway... on another level!

I was pretty sure that having the core "weight down" produced less spin.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kuyaariel
" Man. Too bad the 815's from CPO doesn't come with the awesome, cool, stock headcover! I know, I know... It's just a headcover, but it's one of the coolest I've seen in a while."

I've ordered two of them in the last month from CPO (a 12 with 665 speeder and 10.5 degree with Rogue Silver) and both came with the brand new, red, leather headcover.

Just saw the limited eddition 815 in white today! Damn that thing looks good!

Alright. This thread (and callaway preowned) has convinced me to buy this.

2 questions.

Are the Speeders real deal (I'm sure its in this thread, but it's 135 page long!)

Which did most of you go with. 565, or 665? Thanks

They are on the Fuji Website.

The weight depends on what you like. I am playing the 61g Diamana S+ 60.. I've been a 54g guy the past 4 years, but went up in weight.

I've had success with both 565 and 665 -- it depends on your aggressiveness, speed, and the head.

Huh i had no idea they had these hahaha i just thought it was a udesign someone traded in or something.
It pretty much is a udesign, even the HC says so in the third pic :alien:

I don't like white, but I like that.

It pretty much is a udesign, even the HC says so in the third pic :alien:

I don't like white, but I like that.
Hahaha you're right, i didn't even see that. Pretty cool i guess they're giving the people that option in stores if they want it. I don't think white looks too bad but I've gotten pretty smitten with the dark blue haha

I got on there and put it in my cart. It says it comes with universal Callaway headcover?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kuyaariel
" Man. Too bad the 815's from CPO doesn't come with the awesome, cool, stock headcover! I know, I know... It's just a headcover, but it's one of the coolest I've seen in a while."

I've ordered two of them in the last month from CPO (a 12 with 665 speeder and 10.5 degree with Rogue Silver) and both came with the brand new, red, leather headcover.

I got on there and put it in my cart. It says it comes with universal Callaway headcover?

I think that's all they guarantee it comes with. If they have the stock cover they'll send it with that.

Back