Pace of Play Improvement?

I've read about a few software programs that clubs are now using that tracks golf buggies through GPS. This means that marshals can see what groups are holding people up and put them "on the clock". I really think technology is the key to this. Golf clubs can monitor what parts of the course holds people up, if there is particular recurring offenders etc.

The problem is that most places don't have gps in the carts. It's expensive. I know someone might come in and say that it's at most or all places they play but that's a small sample. Most golf courses can't afford gps in the cart. I know of some who used to have it but don't anymore.

I've read about a few software programs that clubs are now using that tracks golf buggies through GPS. This means that marshals can see what groups are holding people up and put them "on the clock". I really think technology is the key to this. Golf clubs can monitor what parts of the course holds people up, if there is particular recurring offenders etc.

Riverside in the Dallas-Fort Worth area does that. An automatic alert will come up tell you you're falling behind. GPS also shows other carts which is great because there are a few blind tee shots. I feel the biggest cause of slow play is sucking at golf. The worst I see in my longest rounds are old guys who barely move the ball forward. They move so slow to the ball, hit it 50 yards then move so slow back to the cart. I don't want to be a jerk but it kills the pace of play for everyone else. When I see young guys who suck, they tend to pick up and move on if they are just spraying it left and right.

Back