Longest Most Forgiving Driver

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Reaction score
Handicap
Which is the most forgiving driver that can still give you a short Iron on most PAR 4's?

No holds barred.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 IMO.

I would have thought that was completely dependent on the person swinging the club?

What works best for one person isn't necessarily the best for someone else

Depends on the traits of the individuals swing and the type of spin/launch needs it produces.

No one stock answer, IMO.

Which is the most forgiving driver that can still give you a short Iron on most PAR 4's?

No holds barred.

Longest AND most forgiving? I'd probably lean towards the G30. If you can accommodate the unique shape and slightly more audible contact sound, you've got a great chance of getting solid results on most swings.

Edit of note: I tend to get most of my reps in with the lower spinning, less forgiving heads. I wouldn't sleep on XR either.

BB 815 and DBD were super long for me during testing. However, I give the nod to the G30LS for my swing. Haven't hit driver this consistent in, well... EVER.

We will figure this out during club clash, details coming.

#ClubClash
#ForThePeopleByThePeople

Having hit a limited number of new drivers, I would have to give another vote for the Big Bertha Alpha 815.

SLDR C-Series Driver

sldr c sole.jpg

Last edited:
I still hit my old Nike Vrs better than anything else I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ClubClash
#ForThePeopleByThePeople

Excited for this… Driving is by FAR the weakest portion of my game. Need all the help I can get.

That driver was the longest I've hit as well. Thing was a bomber

HammerXDriver.jpg

will be dependent on person but hopefully i can participate in club clash and determine what it is for me

I've had a 2009 VR Tour 10.5 in the bag for the last 3 seasons. It definitely flies with a smooth swing. But looking to demo a few newer model drivers over the next few weeks, just to compare.

I have not hit a driver that goes straighter more consistently than the d200 fitted with a heavier shaft. It's literally point and shoot

I love my Bombtech Grenade.

Any driver other than the one I am swinging at the time.

Ping G25 hands down for me!

Back