Do you forward press with your putter?

Do you forward press with your putter?

• Total voters

ForeOnFour

Leave no birdie behind
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you forward press with your putter? I see a few tour pros on tv and also a few guys I've golfed with lately forward press their putter. Tried it today at the putting green and seemed to have solid results with the limited amount of time I tried it.

I am pro forward press.

Not anymore. My stroke is pretty much neutral now.

I would see the dreaded red dot if I did!

I have a very slight foward press just as I start my back swing...much like Phil

Yes. I actually started doing it this year after watching Spieth play at the Masters. I tried it and my putting improved almost instantly. Really makes my backswing smoother.

No I do not. Just one more variable in my putting stroke that I do not need.

I do but Im trying not to as a means for me to focus more on my stroke and I'm having a really hard time not starting my stroke by leaning the shaft forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None for me

Hell no. It's a variable introduced to the putting stroke.

Same. I want to drive the putter face through the zone with the intended loft of the putter manufacturer. I don't see the point in delofting.

Always have, and probably always will. Just a trigger to get my backswing started. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this site though.

Depends on the putter oddly enough. I've had decent results with it. Center shafted I don't, but plumbers neck putters I do as a trigger. Seems to somehow line me up better with PN putters

No forward press for me. It completely throws me off and takes away my loft which seems counterproductive

Nope, never.

I dont think I do

not since i went to the cure.

Not since getting lessons, sinking more putts now so I doubt Ill go back

the oft-maligned Michael Breed Golfix show got me started doing it. On a completely unrelated note...I have dropped 4+ putts per round since I started doing it. been a big help but as always what works for one guy absolutely destroys someone else

Nope. Goes completely against the Seemore putting method that I have been using for a few years.

I built my current Tank putter specifically for the amount of forward press I use.

For a while it didn't work out for me, but really it's because my left was wrist breaking down. The key for me was to hold the angle through the stroke after the press. The FP adds fluidity and assurance to the stroke for me.

I do not, I ave a few guys I golf with that do it, not even sure they notice they do it, but they have good results with it.

Tried it a for a couple rounds & on the practice green. Didn't really feel comfortable to me nor enough positive results to make the change.

What this good man said. Just another thing that could go wrong and would likely hurt the consistency of my putting.

Back