In everyone's opinion, What are the most forgiving wedges?

Cobra Big Trusty Rusty's

I really like the look of the cally pm grinds.... Minus the green color lol
I hit a few shots with Nebgolfers PM Grind in KC. It was stupid easy to hit.

Althogh ugh I really like my current PING Glide

Actually tested this out. The Mizuno JPX on a demo day destroyed the Cleveland Rotex wedges

I didn't even think of these. Those are great ones to try as well. Prefer the RTX for me, but the JPX are really nice.

Forgiveness on full shots from fairways.... For instance.... My 56 goes from 90 to 120 yards... I was thinking more forgiveness will make my distances a little more consistent

I mean this in the best way but is a 30-yard gap with that club most likely about quality of contact? Possibly a "scooper" vs. a well struck shot with some good forward shaft lean? I think most of us mid-cappers live with this to a pretty large degree.

I play set wedges in my CG16's and really appreciate the consistency in feel & the nice gapping I get with my other irons. Definitely GI type wedges with noticeable forgiveness and am comfortable saying they will help me with tuggy shots, pushes or other slightly less than perfect strikes. With poor strikes I don't think the GI factor matters much.

One thing I do notice with these GI wedges vs. the less forgiving versions I have played in the past is that they will "blow-up" occasionally and produce a shot 5 or 10-yards longer than your typical well struck shot. This can be frustrating when you think you have hit a good approach only to see the ball carry over the green or well back of the flag. Based on conversations I have had with others who game similar type wedges this not just specific to me or my game. Also based on the fact you are concerned about distance control this is one thing that might be important to consider.

Last edited:
Cleveland smart sole wedges

Ping Eye 2 Gorge all day. You cannot beat the forgiveness of these.

Finding a grind that suits your swing makes any wedge much more forgiving, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my set wedges on full swings, 588 TT as they have a lower flight, and I have a 588 Rotex II CB 60* for anything inside 50 meters.

Back