Would you rather . . .

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
You're playing in a major tournament. You're on the 518 yard par five 18th and finishing hole of the final day and you're tied for the lead. On your tee shot, would you rather hit a 300 yard drive onto the FW, or would you like it more if your ball rolled a long way down the cart path and onto the edge of the FW leaving you with a clear shot to the green with 118 yards to go?

You're playing in a major tournament. You're on the 518 yard par five 18th and finishing hole of the final day and you're tied for the lead. On your tee shot, would you rather hit a 300 yard drive onto the FW, or would you like it more if your ball rolled a long way down the cart path and onto the edge of the FW leaving you with a clear shot to the green with 118 yards to go?

Being both clear shots, I would much rather be 118 yards away than 218 yards away.

Is this a real question? No pictures on scorecards give me 118 please.

I'll take the wedge all the time.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Truth be told, I am happy with both shots. But assuming both shots are clear, who wouldn't want a 118 yard approach shot into a Par 5

118 yards for me. Unheard of territory on a par 5 for me of course!!

Wedge into the green FTW

Anyone who would rather be 100 yards back is crazy.

Yup! Give me the shorter shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 52* gap wedge is money from 118 yards. Line it up !

Depending on the angle, yes a nice 54* left in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather thin the ball and it land just in back of the front tees with about 400 yards to go. I would then hit my 3H 240 yards, leaving me 160 into the green. The wind would be to my back slightly and I would hit my 9i high into the green and would land 1 foot behind the hole, with the spin backing it up right into the hole - hole out eagle for the win!

Hit the cart path and be 118 out, every time (assuming its not fescue or something ridiculous like that).

~Rock

Your talking winning big money and that has to be about anyway you can get it so give me the wedge. I'll take a hole out off of 5 trees for a win. Casual play in general I would much rather play to great results without any lucky help, but big money? give me the prize however which way it came.

If I had to play the shot it would have to be the 118 yd. wedge. I'm not sure I've got a 218 yard club in my bag anymore!

The latter, but I would ask how messed up my ball is before agreeing to that. If the ball is messed up I would take the drive two shots in and go for the birdie win.

Do I make the same score from both locations? If you do I would rather not hit the cart path.

Your talking winning big money and that has to be about anyway you can get it so give me the wedge. I'll take a hole out off of 5 trees for a win. Casual play in general I would much rather play to great results without any lucky help, but big money? give me the prize however which way it came.

During a 4 day, 72 hole tournament where it takes approximately 270 strokes to win, I'd be inclined to believe that every player gets a lucky shot or two. Teeing off on the final hole and having the cart path run your ball down to 118 yds to go just happens to be your lucky shot. With the amount of money on the line in a major tournament anyone would use the lucky shot to his advantage and cash in and take the money

Who wouldn't take that 400 yard 'bomb' and the best chance to stick it close for the winning eagle?

Back