Trying to Break 80 Club

"hey, I'm 1 under through 8." double

"ok, I can still break 80 today with a decent back 9." 4 over through the first 4 of the back, then quad on 17.

fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to break into that high 70's , from last year my first year back after taking 9 years off. I see lots of improvent and promise. I will shoot in the 70's this year mark my words

I only played 9 today and shot 40...so I know I have have it in me to shoot under 80...sometime

41 yesterday on the back and 39 today on the front. Obviously they were played on different days but im happy that im really close. 27 putts for the two rounds which for me is fantastic. I cant remember the last time I was under 30 and that's really bad haha. Super happy with the new putter and my ball striking has been great besides a couple of horrendous brain farts that are costing me. If I keep my putting going in the right direction and just clean up those ugly duffs and absolutely know i can break 80

"hey, I'm 1 under through 8." double

"ok, I can still break 80 today with a decent back 9." 4 over through the first 4 of the back, then quad on 17.

fml

I so feel your pain. 1 under through 7 double 8 and 9...2 over after 7 on back double 17 and triple 18

If Golf was 15 holes I would have shot 1 over yesterday. However I got a triple on the 8th, 11th and a quad on 16. shot a 82, 11 over. Overall I thought I did a good job of letting those 3 holes go but it was still very frustrating. I birded 9, and got par on 12 and 17 so I did a great job of not taking those bad scores with me to the next hole. I just have to cut those 3-4 holes out of my round and I'll get it.
Finished with 2 birdies, 10 pars, 3 bogeys, 2 triples and that dreaded other. (38 - 44)

I shot an 80 yesterday. SOOOOOO close. +2 on the front, including 2 under on the first 4 holes! However, I started off back double, bogey, par, double, bogey. Then I played the remaining four holes at even par. On 13 and 14, I was trying to close out a tournament match, so I fell apart a bit.

86 for me today and if I could have played well on the front 9 I might have had a chance, only 1 par with a double and a triple as I couldn't get out of my own way. Fortunately I regrouped and shot a 39 on the back 9 with 2 birdies.

I really need to find a way to be more consistent throughout the entire round because the front 9 today was pretty embarrassing.

I was so close today, shot a solid 81, some blow up holes including a double and 4 bogeys in a row rainied on my parade but I fought back to a 38 on the bavk

After my 79 last week I came back to earth with a 90. The driver that was so good to me last week, let me down today.

I'm ready to join the "break 80" club! I have been close this year. Shot an 82 and 83 and were it not for some unlucky breaks putting I would have done it already.
I did shoot a 78 back in the Spring but it was on a par 67 course.

My best score last fall was an 81, so I know i can do it.

My main problem is between my ears.

I have a so-so tee box game, good fairway game, and a very good short game. The problem I always run into is those blow up holes. Two weeks ago I shot a 39 on the front nine and was feeling great! Then I blew up the 10th hole and got a quad. I let that pester me for the next few holes and didn't pull myself back together until the 15th hole and by then it was too late. Shot a 48 on the back! Ugg!

So, starting tomorrow I am going to try my dead level best to control my emotions, hit straight, conservative shots and try to put a 70's score on the card!

nope, still not broken but damn, i'm closing in. shot a pb 39 on the front yesterday followed by a 44 on the back. 2 holes with a penalty on each killed it. if only i had played those holes a little smarter. in the past month 81, 82, 83,....soon i hope to break it

81 today with a triple on 18. Hit it off the toe and right into the creek that guards the front of the green. Talk about a let down. I could not putt today to save my life. Everything was a two putt unless I chipped it to gimme range. Oh well there is always next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I rejoin the club today but with a big asterisk.

40/39-79* with 36 putts.

* match play so there were some conceded 3 to 4 footers.

80 for me today, my lowest round since coming back to the game last year! I am stoked how much I have improved, shooting in the mid 90's this time last year. The hard work has paid off very well, but I am wanting more lower next round in the high 70's would be unreal!

79!!!

Played really, really well today despite putting pretty badly (and a triple on #6).

I recently had the top of my bag fit. Being a shorter hitter, this has made a BIG difference for me the last couple rounds.

Came close on Thursday. 40/41. The power of pars. No birdies but a lot of pars. If not for a double/double start I would have done it. Really surprising considering I was not overly sharp on the tee box, but this course really is forgiving laterally. And I was really on target with my approaches, way better than I have been lately.

Best part is I had no idea my overall score until I was done. I have really gotten away from counting up numbers until the round is done. I think that helps free me up mentally. I am trying to ingrain the "one shot at a time" focus and not think about the big picture.

Got close today with a 40/41. Two doubles on the back got me though. My first 2 birdie round in a long, long time.

Shot 42/38 today, but it was from only 5600 yards. Does that count?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Counts for an 80!?

Well, that's the closest I've ever come to breaking it. Hopefully this is a trend in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back