What is your transition club?

7i to me, put a 7i up and I'm hitting golf shots....6i and down I'm just trying to hit it straight LOL
Haha you and me both. Well maybe not straight but much less sideways.

Good question. It's the 6i and 7i as these are the two I have been using for my swing work on the range. Right now I have confidence in both those and everything going down the bag from there. If I had to pick one though I would say 7i by a slight margin. you saw how well the 7i works for me on 18 yesterday.

I think this depends a bit set to set - if I'm playing a set of G series, for instance, I'm going to be a bit more comfortable with the longer irons, but not a ton. But in general, it's probably the 7i. That's probably the last club I expect to get the ball reasonably close with.

Right now it's an 8 iron for me. Anything more and I simply have no idea what I'm doing.

Good question. It's the 6i and 7i as these are the two I have been using for my swing work on the range. Right now I have confidence in both those and everything going down the bag from there. If I had to pick one though I would say 7i by a slight margin. you saw how well the 7i works for me on 18 yesterday.
Ha! Yeah it worked pretty well. Funny I hit 7 iron the hole before that.

Haha you and me both. Well maybe not straight but much less sideways.

LOL, its the best swing thought ever, "please go that way, please?"

Heavenwood?

Good or bad, I have the same confidence in my all my clubs. Some are more precise in distance and movement, but I approach every shot the same.

Any iron above 7i is a crap shoot for me. Confidence comes back when I have a 5 wood in hand.

I like my 6 iron and down, and even then certain clubs better than others.

6 or 7 iron for me. From there up I'm expecting to hit the green or have a short chip. Down much from there and I'm happy getting the ball elevated and finding it after I hit.

I feel real good with 8i through wedges in my hand. Confident with those clubs in my hands and can take more direct aim at the pin.

I feel really good hitting to my 4 iron, but put a 3 iron in my hand and confidence really starts to go down. Maybe it's time to find a 3 hybrid I feel good about hitting.

Now on the other hand I have zero confidence whatsoever hitting anything less than a 9, no confidence in any of my wedges which is not a good place to be

8 iron for me. 7 comes and goes too much at this point. With 8 iron on down I feel good about my chances of sticking it on.

The funny thing is, is that I felt that way with all the iron sets I've played over the years.

8i and in I guess.

Watching th Open Championship this morning. Azinger and company were talking about a players transition club. It got me to thinking about my game, and how I strategize when playing a hole. For me it's 7 iron. From 7 iron through the wedges I feel confident over the ball. When I have a 6 iron or longer I tend to play a little more guarded. What club is it for you?
Great topic Kevin. I heard thst on The Open and it made me think. I kind of agreed with what Ainger said in whoever he was talking about. For me it's the 6 to 5.

Im pretty confident after hitting Nebgolfers D100 hybrids this past week, I'm going to be looking for one of them in 5.

I think for me it's 7i. 6i-4i can be hit or miss, lately they've been more hit thankfully although today I chunked my 5i twice. 7i through wedges and I'm pretty confident I know where the ball is going to go.

Tough to say. As long as I'm swinging okay, I am pretty confident with everything.

If the swing gets loose, though, the cutoff is probably a PW. Although the 5W feels just as comfortable.

Watching th Open Championship this morning. Azinger and company were talking about a players transition club. It got me to thinking about my game, and how I strategize when playing a hole. For me it's 7 iron. From 7 iron through the wedges I feel confident over the ball. When I have a 6 iron or longer I tend to play a little more guarded. What club is it for you?

Spot on with you, getting past 7i is when I start to have a few doubts. Hell, I would rather hit 5h than 6i.

FO me it would be my 8i. I am more confident with my 6H than my 7i.

I feel like I hit six iron the most on the course so I am pretty comfortable with it, but I can miss a green with the best of them with any club.

I'm right there with you Kevin in that it's my 7i. I'm very confident with that club on down. 6i & 5i it's a 50/50 proposition at best. (And that's referring to making solid contact) even after solid contact it's hoping it goes where I want.

Get me to my heavenwood or 3w & now we're talking. Confidence goes back up.

I would say 7 iron. 6 can give me fits. I've got a couple par fours at my course that require a draw from the tee and an extremely accurate drive on the other. Either one of those holes are out of my range for driver but I know I can hit 7 iron from the tee and leave my self a semi easy shot into the green.

That was the first time I had heard that today, too. It's the 5i for me. I feel pretty confident with just about any other iron.

Back