chip4putt

Reaction score
Handicap
Credit to markm778 for bringing this to my attention on the original thread https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?87533-Shot-Scope-THP-Review/page4

I'm a Shot Scope V1 user, I love the product (little bit annoyed the have released a new product after 6 months of having it) and this new version looks great. I always wondered why there wasn't a screen with GPS yardages on it and now there is.

To me that is the full package - GPS distances and performance tracking.

What do you guys think? Will this compete with Garmin, Tom Tom etc or not.

There is a pre-order campaign running at the moment, its only $50 to put a deposit down on one. Personally I will have to wait, there is no way the mrs will let me go buy more golf tech. I really want this though, Christmas maybe...

https://shotscope.com/pre-order/

Has anyone pre ordered the V2?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

i am getting mine as an upgrade, have the original, liked it, but stopped using it when i got a gps watch for distances. So the new model is ideal

Here is the e-mail I got on 9/26:

Hello Mark,

We’re getting in touch to give you an updated shipping date for your Shot Scope V2.

Unfortunately, we have been forced to delay shipping until the 20th of October. We know this isn’t the news you were hoping for and we are really sorry to have to disappoint you with this delay.

So, what went wrong? Well, you’ll be pleased to know that it has nothing to do with the product itself. We have been delighted to hear how excited people are to receive their V2 and the coverage of the product has been exceptional. It is because of this unprecedented demand that we are now facing a delay. Our manufacturing partners have, at this early stage in production, been unable to build the number of units required to ship out to you, our first batch customers.

Everyone at Team Shot Scope would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your belief in the product, your patience during the pre-order period and your understanding that even with the best preparation in the world, things still don’t always go to plan!

We will send you an email on the 12th of October with your payment code that will allow you to complete your order. We apologize for this delay and are working closely with our manufacturing partners to make sure your V2 is with you as soon as possible.

If you have any questions please contact us by replying to this email or send us a message to support@shotscope.com.

Thank you for your continued support, we can’t wait to open the V2 Club very soon,

Team Shot Scope

I will be ordering mine on the 12th... Wonder if I could bring to GD without appearing "Weird" ?

Here is the e-mail I got on 9/26:

Hello Mark,

We’re getting in touch to give you an updated shipping date for your Shot Scope V2.

Unfortunately, we have been forced to delay shipping until the 20th of October. We know this isn’t the news you were hoping for and we are really sorry to have to disappoint you with this delay.

So, what went wrong? Well, you’ll be pleased to know that it has nothing to do with the product itself. We have been delighted to hear how excited people are to receive their V2 and the coverage of the product has been exceptional. It is because of this unprecedented demand that we are now facing a delay. Our manufacturing partners have, at this early stage in production, been unable to build the number of units required to ship out to you, our first batch customers.

Everyone at Team Shot Scope would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your belief in the product, your patience during the pre-order period and your understanding that even with the best preparation in the world, things still don’t always go to plan!

We will send you an email on the 12th of October with your payment code that will allow you to complete your order. We apologize for this delay and are working closely with our manufacturing partners to make sure your V2 is with you as soon as possible.

If you have any questions please contact us by replying to this email or send us a message to support@shotscope.com.

Thank you for your continued support, we can’t wait to open the V2 Club very soon,

Team Shot Scope

I will be ordering mine on the 12th... Wonder if I could bring to GD without appearing "Weird" ?
I heard there was a delay. I love the idea of the product and think it would be really helpful for you at the GD.

Getting mine as an upgrade aslo. Love the V1. Cannot wit til Oct. They e mailed and said there was a slight delay, but be out late Oct.

I pre-ordered, actually forgot that I did until I saw this thread pop back up. Looking forward to the release, seems to be everything I had hoped GG could be.

I pre-ordered, actually forgot that I did until I saw this thread pop back up. Looking forward to the release, seems to be everything I had hoped GG could be.
I'm thinking of pre ordering. I currently have a Skycaddie Linx GT that I'm testing, but I don't like the subscription idea.

i can't remember, did the preorder always have a deposit

i can't remember, did the preorder always have a deposit

I believe it did, as the bottom of this page stated so

https://mygolfspy.com/shot-scope-v2-gps-tracking-watch/

I would like to use this as a way to know my iron distances etc. Don't have access to a flight monitor nearby for rental. So it won't tell us live shots but at the end of a few rounds should let me know what my distances are, kind of (I'm still a hacker so there will be huge volatility)

Looks like you can pre-order at the $210 price until the first week of November.

Have you gotten yours yet? If you have, have you been able to use it yet? What do you think?
I haven't been able to find any V2 reviews out there yet.

Just pre-ordered mine:clapp:

I have mine - haven't even opened it yet.

Getting V2 for Christmas.

Got V2 on the upgrade price as well, which was an absolute bargain.

Can't wait to try it out and will definitely put a review in here once I have.

Trying to decide between V2 and Arccos.

Trying to decide between V2 and Arccos.

Comes down to where you feel comfortable putting your phone and do you like watches as you play. The Arccos worked poor for me when my phone was in my back right pocket. Worked great with phone in the front left pocket.

Shot Scope V1 worked well on every shot BUT you're wearing a watch. In the end I didn't like wearing the watch and the product wasn't fully mature so I traded it away. If I had to do it again, I would probably go Shot Scope V2 over Arccos or Anything that requires manual tagging (I hated that and people tended to make fun of me for some reason, @golfinnut)

Comes down to where you feel comfortable putting your phone and do you like watches as you play. The Arccos worked poor for me when my phone was in my back right pocket. Worked great with phone in the front left pocket.

Shot Scope V1 worked well on every shot BUT you're wearing a watch. In the end I didn't like wearing the watch and the product wasn't fully mature so I traded it away. If I had to do it again, I would probably go Shot Scope V2 over Arccos or Anything that requires manual tagging (I hated that and people tended to make fun of me for some reason, @golfinnut)
Thanks!! I have no problem with my phone in my back pockets, but don't like it in my front. I have a Skycaddie GPS watch that is very comfortable that I love....but the other game tracking features and yearly cost lead me to go elsewhere.

I remember my first thought when I saw the original design was that they needed to add the gps watch funtionality, I have no issue wearing a watch while playing and this is a serious ponder. I would like to get more feedback before buying however

Thanks!! I have no problem with my phone in my back pockets, but don't like it in my front. I have a Skycaddie GPS watch that is very comfortable that I love....but the other game tracking features and yearly cost lead me to go elsewhere.

I think you would be a good candidate for Shot Scope V2

This watch looks huge. How does it feel when worn?
I don't know about this one specifically, but my Skycaddie Linx GT is pretty large, but feels super comfortable. I'm guessing this is probably in the same realm. I don't think I've ever worn a GPS watch that felt bad or bothered me...and I don't normally wear a watch.

Shot Scope V2

Have you gotten yours yet? If you have, have you been able to use it yet? What do you think?
I haven't been able to find any V2 reviews out there yet.
have not received it yet ,they told me I would get it by Christmas, even if it does come won't be able to use till April because of weather.

Back