Used mine for the first time today,watch was awesome just put it on and golf,no taping of clubs,press pin for amount of puts,very accurate and not heavy on the wrist, I give it an A+

Shot Scope V2

I used my for the first time yesterday and came away really pleased. Yardage’s were right on. Got some great info as well.

For those that are new to SS. Make sure if you change clubs that you go into “My Bag” and change your clubs do you can get comparable yardage like this:
77ffabf3a897bca0f15aeb36c8f4ecd3.jpg

Black is JGR clubs and Yellow is Rogue. Now I don’t have to guess performance between lines, I know what it is.

Expected distances:
fcc870950663ffdc64901aec41582fd7.jpg

I used mine on Friday for the first time and was also impressed. I made the mistake of not putting the sensors on until I got to the course, so I didn’t notice until then that the putter sensor couldn’t screw into my superstroke grip. I’ve since glued it on top, but it didn’t register the location of my putting strokes automatically.

But that led to me really digging into the PC program to manually add them. I got a good feel for how to change, add, remove strokes and locations from the round and found it very intuitive.

10/10 overall

The only thing I don’t like, or just haven’t found out how to correct, is it applying punch shots to my averages. I used my 4 iron twice to punch out from under a tree and now my average distance is terrible for that club. Does anyone know how to tell it to ignore specific strokes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used mine on Friday for the first time and was also impressed. I made the mistake of not putting the sensors on until I got to the course, so I didn’t notice until then that the putter sensor couldn’t screw into my superstroke grip. I’ve since glued it on top, but it didn’t register the location of my putting strokes automatically.

But that led to me really digging into the PC program to manually add them. I got a good feel for how to change, add, remove strokes and locations from the round and found it very intuitive.

10/10 overall

The only thing I don’t like, or just haven’t found out how to correct, is it applying punch shots to my averages. I used my 4 iron twice to punch out from under a tree and now my average distance is terrible for that club. Does anyone know how to tell it to ignore specific strokes?

It will hurt your average but not your P-Average. The P-Average will throw bad shots out.

Instructions on how to affix the putter tag to a counterbalance putter can be found at https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en...e-a-counterbalance-grip-how-do-I-tag-my-club-

I duct taped mine on. I cut the stem off

Does my bag work yet,it keeps telling me that the update is coming soon?

10/10 overall

I think when you're editing the round you can change the shot type to a 'positional shot', I'm not sure if this will change the average but that's certainly an option.

I think when you're editing the round you can change the shot type to a 'positional shot', I'm not sure if this will change the average but that's certainly an option.

Found it. I thought that said “provisional” when I was messing around on it earlier. I changed a few shots to positional but not sure if it had an impact on the averages.

Hi Guys,

@markm778 invited me onto Hackers Paradise as he thought it would benefit everyone to have a Shot Scope presence on the thread. We are always happy to help so here I'am.

Firstly, well done to those who beat the system getting watches for £90 (sneaky devils)! That code was for our customers that had a bought a v1 and this was a way of rewarding them for their loyalty. We are still running this deal but have changed the system so this can't happen again.

Secondly, I will address the discussion about the averages and positional shot:

We have actually found a bug last week that the shots marked as positional were being calculated in average distance calculations after launching the new dashboard. We will be pushing a fix to the dashboard tomorrow that will fix this. So from now on any shot marked as positional (can be done in dashboard/mobile editing) will be excluded from the distance stats. Also a reminder that any shot hit inside 50 yards of the pin is considered a short game stat and therefore isn't included in distance stats.

Thirdly, My Bag is being worked on currently for mobile apps but should be working on the online dashboard (there has been one or two issues with particular browsers so if you're having issues get in touch - support@shotscope.com)

Lastly, there is a lot of discussion about the size of the watch so I have attached a link that has the dimensions information:
https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000782169-What-is-the-size-of-the-V2-watch-

Post any questions you have and I will try answer them as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Shot Scope Support

Hi Guys,

@markm778 invited me onto Hackers Paradise as he thought it would benefit everyone to have a Shot Scope presence on the thread. We are always happy to help so here I'am.

Firstly, well done to those who beat the system getting watches for £90 (sneaky devils)! That code was for our customers that had a bought a v1 and this was a way of rewarding them for their loyalty. We are still running this deal but have changed the system so this can't happen again.

We have actually found a bug last week that the shots marked as positional were being calculated in average distance calculations after launching the new dashboard. We will be pushing a fix to the dashboard tomorrow that will fix this. So from now on any shot marked as positional (can be done in dashboard/mobile editing) will be excluded from the distance stats. Also a reminder that any shot hit inside 50 yards of the pin is considered a short game stat and therefore isn't included in distance stats.

Thirdly, My Bag is being worked on currently for mobile apps but should be working on the online dashboard (there has been one or two issues with particular browsers so if you're having issues get in touch - support@shotscope.com)

Lastly, there is a lot of discussion about the size of the watch so I have attached a link that has the dimensions information:
https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000782169-What-is-the-size-of-the-V2-watch-

Cheers,

Shot Scope Support

Welcome to THP, I hope those that have this system or thinking about take advantage of Shot Scope being here.
It's a great system and takes a little bit to learn it, however once you do, it has a wealth of Knowledge.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Shot Scope Support

Thanks for joining! My unit shipped so should be in hand within a week. One thing so far, your CS has been truly top notch. Neil was very quick to answer questions.

Shot Scope V2

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Shot Scope Support

Welcome to the board! I have really enjoyed the product so far, and keep looking for times to get onto a course to feed more data into it.

Just about everything has been seamless so far and you are already debugging the only issue I’ve seen.

This might be asking too much, but a thought popped in my head when I was reading Dave Pelz’s short game bible this weekend. If you could add an error % to each shot, that would be a very interesting statistic to show per club in addition to average yardages. I don’t think anyone is doing this right now.

For example, the error distance of the shot would be how far left or right the shot lands vs an estimated target line (center fairway / pin location), as well as the distance short / long of the target. Divided by the targeted length of that shot. So a pitching wedge hit 120 yards pin high but 10 yards left would have an error of 10/120, or 8.3%.

That would immediately highlight the weak spot of a person’s game and provide a level of insight typically reserved for only professionals. The only new data you’d need would be the target for each shot, which could be assumed to be either the pin, if reachable with that clubs average distance, or center fairway at that club’s average distance away. Any adjustments to that could be done manually after the round.

Just want to repeat what others have said about their customer service. They are extremely quick with helpful replies and very patient with a new. inexperienced user. No complaints here.

Just want to repeat what others have said about their customer service. They are extremely quick with helpful replies and very patient with a new. inexperienced user. No complaints here.

Agreed. Love mine and use it 2-3 times a week. CS great to deal with, fast, and always trying to make customer happy

Welcome to the board! I have really enjoyed the product so far, and keep looking for times to get onto a course to feed more data into it.

Just about everything has been seamless so far and you are already debugging the only issue I’ve seen.

This might be asking too much, but a thought popped in my head when I was reading Dave Pelz’s short game bible this weekend. If you could add an error % to each shot, that would be a very interesting statistic to show per club in addition to average yardages. I don’t think anyone is doing this right now.

For example, the error distance of the shot would be how far left or right the shot lands vs an estimated target line (center fairway / pin location), as well as the distance short / long of the target. Divided by the targeted length of that shot. So a pitching wedge hit 120 yards pin high but 10 yards left would have an error of 10/120, or 8.3%.

That would immediately highlight the weak spot of a person’s game and provide a level of insight typically reserved for only professionals. The only new data you’d need would be the target for each shot, which could be assumed to be either the pin, if reachable with that clubs average distance, or center fairway at that club’s average distance away. Any adjustments to that could be done manually after the round.

We have actually looked at this previously. We have an excel sheet with user requests so I will ad this to the list. Really the more users request something then the more time we spend exploring the feature. Personally I do like that stat.

Once we have enough data we are really going to try build out the Shots to Finish stats. We would do this on a per shot basis as well. So if you selected a shot it would tell you the amount of shots gained or lost on the field. For example the second shot at the third you gained +0.4 shots on the field. This would be based on how many shots it took comparable golfers to finish the hole from that location against all other locations on the hole where the previous shot could have finished. So that would also help judge the success of each individual shot. This is a while away though as you wouldn't believe the amount of data you need for it to actually hold any value.

Shot scope V2 is amazing, hit a shot that ended up in the rough along side a row of trees,when I get to the ball I noticed a few balls in the woods with no one behind me I took the extra time to pickup the balls,has I approach my ball I checked my yardage and shot scope what's to know if I lost a ball��

Hi Guys,

@markm778 invited me onto Hackers Paradise as he thought it would benefit everyone to have a Shot Scope presence on the thread. We are always happy to help so here I 'am.

Cheers,

Shot Scope Support

I have a couple of questions:
1. Suppose I wanted to do a "Bag Battle" between two drivers on the course. If I put a "D" tag in 1 driver and a "X-4" in the second driver, after a round, I should be able to compare the differences correct?
2. I play a Tour Edge Hybrid and Tour Edge is not in the drop down to name a certain tag, however I notice there is not a "Generic" manufacture, only names. How do I treat a club that is not listed on the manufacture drop down?

1. Suppose I wanted to do a "Bag Battle" between two drivers on the course. If I put a "D" tag in 1 driver and a "X-4" in the second driver, after a round, I should be able to compare the differences correct?
2. I play a Tour Edge Hybrid and Tour Edge is not in the drop down to name a certain tag, however I notice there is not a "Generic" manufacture, only names. How do I treat a club that is not listed on the manufacture drop down?

there should be an option at the bottom of the lists for a "Default" generic

Shot scope V2 is amazing, hit a shot that ended up in the rough along side a row of trees,when I get to the ball I noticed a few balls in the woods with no one behind me I took the extra time to pickup the balls,has I approach my ball I checked my yardage and shot scope what's to know if I lost a ball��

I think you must have pressed a few buttons by mistake when picking up the balls. Although that would be a cool feature that wasn't by design.

Hi Mark,

There is a TourEdge all one word option. That might be an error on our end. Is it Tour Edge? We have the following models in the system: Exotic EX-1, Hot Launch 2 and Hot Launch 45 but can add any models in that you want?

The answer to question 1 is yes but you would have to play them on different tees. You can't play two balls on the same hole. When creating a second driver this club would be displayed as yellow rather than black through out the UI so you can tell the difference, we are working on having a feature where if you hover or click on a club icon then a pop would appear with the full club information but this is still in the backlog.

there should be an option at the bottom of the lists for a "Default" generic

There isn't a generic option as we do want to encourage users to contact us to add clubs in if we don't have them. It comes down to data collection really. Its great data to gather, in the future we hope to use this data to benefit our users as well. What clubs should you buy based on stats? If we have lots of users that use a particular brand of clubs maybe we can work with companies to get reduced rates. Once we open up the social community aspect we hope to build we will also have your current bag on display in user profiles much like you have hear on HP. Maybe get users to rate clubs and have this information available for our users. There is lots we can do.

If you play with a club that has a tag in it but you haven't created and assigned a club to that tag in My Bag then we automatically create a club and this is set to default for Make and Model so technically you can do it.

I do completely understand your point though it is frustrating if you want to complete your My Bag and you have to wait for us to add the club. We have considered opening it up and letting users enter their own data but then that can get very messy. Maybe we should have some hybrid option where you can enter a form that we will see and update the system later, the club will be set to default until we add the club and then it will be updated (manually by us)(automatically for the user)? I will mention it at the next software meeting.

Hi Mark,

There is a TourEdge all one word option. That might be an error on our end. Is it Tour Edge? We have the following models in the system: Exotic EX-1, Hot Launch 2 and Hot Launch 45 but can add any models in that you want?

The answer to question 1 is yes but you would have to play them on different tees. You can't play two balls on the same hole. When creating a second driver this club would be displayed as yellow rather than black through out the UI so you can tell the difference, we are working on having a feature where if you hover or click on a club icon then a pop would appear with the full club information but this is still in the backlog.

It is Tour Edge (Two words) and I can't find in under Hybrid - It would be good to have EX9, EX10 and CBX available on the Fairway and Hybrid options - They are pretty popular clubs here in the U.S.
Their HL3 line is out and they have been pushing to hard on Golf Channel - That's your call.

Question: I did just update my unit to include hazards, Does this show up automatically or do I have to hit a button to get that info.?

There isn't a generic option as we do want to encourage users to contact us to add clubs in if we don't have them. It comes down to data collection really. Its great data to gather, in the future we hope to use this data to benefit our users as well. What clubs should you buy based on stats? If we have lots of users that use a particular brand of clubs maybe we can work with companies to get reduced rates. Once we open up the social community aspect we hope to build we will also have your current bag on display in user profiles much like you have hear on HP. Maybe get users to rate clubs and have this information available for our users. There is lots we can do.

If you play with a club that has a tag in it but you haven't created and assigned a club to that tag in My Bag then we automatically create a club and this is set to default for Make and Model so technically you can do it.

I do completely understand your point though it is frustrating if you want to complete your My Bag and you have to wait for us to add the club. We have considered opening it up and letting users enter their own data but then that can get very messy. Maybe we should have some hybrid option where you can enter a form that we will see and update the system later, the club will be set to default until we add the club and then it will be updated (manually by us)(automatically for the user)? I will mention it at the next software meeting.

Either that or have a spot like you have to add a course for "Add a Club"
You're pretty quick with adding the course......

Amazing generosity from Brianmk24 and I have one of these incredible contraptions in my possession. I do have to say that learning to swing with this sucker on my arm is gonna be interesting but it’s crazy lightweight. Just a bit...big.

0b4e1564fb5b6ce4758f2de3e4ead4ff.jpg

f1e75dd278c86a6ba1a8a5fe75791edd.jpg

I don’t suppose anyone has tried a smaller strap? This is on the last hole, so if the band stretches at all, this might get interesting!

45b233e0eb45c915c4740cd772843c37.jpg

At the bottom of the club brand selection list (below Yonex) there is an option for "Default"

Back