2017 Ricoh Women's British Open

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
It's already underway and I forgot to make this thread last night.

Wie takes the early lead with a 64 and the legend Laura Davies is only two shots back with a few holes left to play. Currently there are six U.S. ladies in the top 10.

Hoping Gerina Piller (currently tied for 9th) can make a good showing.

TV schedule, all times Eastern:

womens british open tv times 2017.jpg

Heard the scottish open was dead. Hopefully this week brings out a few more fans.

Replay is on golf channel now.

Just read that Michelle Wie has a 9W and an 11w in the bag... wtf?

64 is crazy. Look forward to watching all the gorgeous ladies!

Replay is on golf channel now.

It's actually the regular telecast that is being shown. They were in weather delay so they were showing some play from earlier in the day, but there is still about 50 minutes left of regular coverage today.

And Davies found a couple bunkers and has fallen off the first page of the leaderboard.

Weezy!

Play suspended. But we're going to leave you on the course.

I love seeing Wie on the leaderboard.

Love seeing Michelle get off to such a great start.

I no longer feel bad for carrying my 6 hybrid.

As you shouldn't but I am surprised by it at particularly at this type of course. The men usually drop 5W in place for a driving iron, but she adds a 9/11W... just interesting.

As you shouldn't but I am surprised by it at particularly at this type of course. The men usually drop 5W in place for a driving iron, but she adds a 9/11W... just interesting.

I agree I would be putting a 5 and 6 iron in the bag for a trip to links land.

But to be fair this isn't a typical links course. It is new and more than a few of the greens are elevated just a bit.

If Wie had been a better putter maybe she would have won more than she has.

Commentators are hilarious. Yesterday is was nothing about how great Michelle is playing and how she seems to have "found it". Shes off to a bad start today and all of a sudden they're offering up full life counselling.

Wie follows up course record with a 76. lol

We've been recording and watching it. Beautiful course and has my wife even more fired up to play it next summer.

Another week, more bad coverage by Golf Channel. Very little golf from the of the leader board or those making a charge. 14 is arguably the most beautiful par 3 in all of golf - zero coverage. Just not very good camera placement on an incredible course.

Last edited:
Is Lexi Thompson ever happy? Every time I watch her she has a pissed off scowl on her face.

Is Lexi Thompson ever happy? Every time I watch her she has a pissed off scowl on her face.

Must have been hanging around Stacy Lewis lately.....

Thought is free, but space on this sweater isn't...
2411d630c5d7cb07c7be4fb296ae7cc6.jpg

Commentators are hilarious. Yesterday is was nothing about how great Michelle is playing and how she seems to have "found it". Shes off to a bad start today and all of a sudden they're offering up full life counselling.

Just turned it on today and see Wie is having another nice round. Sounds like she must have gone tot he life counseling and is back on track, haha.

Big lead by Kim though, may be too much to make up for anyone unless she stumbles some.

I guess this is more normal weather they are having, fun to watch these woman play.

Back