Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Announcement

Due to some unfortunate events, GolferGal will not be present at this event this year. Being as though only an insane person would go about this alone, thankfully that insane person has some family that offered to assist. Playing the role of GolferGal at Legacy this year, will be Canadan. I know it goes without saying, but please treat him with the same respect you would the big boss, as he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and because he wants the event to go without a hitch.

Lots of work still to be done and thankfully Dan will be there to assist me in making sure that you all have the time of your lives.

That's what family is for, my friend. While GG and Ellie will be in our thoughts, I am certain that The Legacy will go off without a hitch.

I am truly excited to return to Myrtle, True Blue, and Caledonia to take in this experience with you guys. Get ready for the best golf weekend of your lives.

Sorry we're not going to get to see Morgan in Myrtle Beach. To Canadan; Thanks for jumping in buddy! Appreciate it a ton.

look forward to seeing you Dan. Take care of everything on the home front GG

Sorry we're going to miss you Morgan, but will be good to see you Dan. Thanks for helping!

Nice to see someone could fill in for Morgan, thanks for helping out Dan.

Sorry Morgan can't make it. Ellie will be in our thoughts. Thank you Dan for stepping in. Will be awesome to see you again.

Glad you're stepping in to help out Dan. Have a blast there and avoid bad Mexican and pizza places.

Will be good to see you again Dan!

So sorry to hear Morgan will be missing it, but it's awesome that Dan has stepped up. I am sure the event will be a blast. Thoughts with GG and Ellie.

Very sorry to hear that GG won't be able to make it, but for very understandable reasons. Thanks, Dan, for stepping-in. Good to have an MC veteran help make sure #THPLegacy goes smoothly.

What you put into creating your legacy, is what you will get out of it. If you spend a minute before it all starts, and ask your captains what they put into their team event (they were together) they will sum it up nicely I believe. I put it all on the line and know how that final walk up the stairs to the trophy celebration lunch feels coming up short.

The one thing to take out of any weekend like this...Leave it all out there. You will know what that means after about the 27th hole on Saturday. Leave everything you got out on the course. A few years back I was playing with my partner Puttin4Bird and playing terribly. He carried me around that course for probably 12 of the 18 holes we played that round. Right after I hit a decent shot, he looked at me and said "Its time to show the others that we came prepared". It was a moment he probably doesn't remember and one that was insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was everything. We ended up needed something great later on in that match and together as a team (he hit the drive, I hit it to a foot) came up with that. What does this all mean? Nothing really, just ramblings of an emotional idiot.

But in hindsight, every single person that has played in an event like this, remembers the little things. Whether its fighting fatigue to hit one more great drive, whether its the final walk up to the green (thank you ddec and War Eagle) or whether it's stopping to smell the roses and realizing what the **** is going on. Its mind blowing to think about how lucky you participants are. How so? Im an unemotional robot about this stuff that was left to enough tears to sound like a cat was getting murdered a few years back...AND I WASNT EVEN PLAYING!

I said a few years ago, that enough was enough, but if I had once chance to do something again, it would have been the original thought for a previous event. If I could go back in time, I would change a lot, but Legacy is my original plan done the right way, with some people in place to ensure my sketch takes form. So in exactly 1 week, when you tee off with your new clubs in your practice round, just know you are not just creating your Legacy, but helping to create mine.

So since I am on a rambling kick I will share a story about this. A couple of years ago, the whole crying like a cat getting killed thing happened and it ended on the right note. I was told to break my rules and do something different and should have listened to my gut, but shortly after that I was speaking with someone (ddec) and said to the effect of "if you have a chance to right a wrong, do you do it regardless of work or expense". His response was shocking because he knew in a general sense of what I was speaking. He told me that being ahead of your time, is great for trendsetting, but the kinks get worked out on the fly. This is another conversation that at the time to him was probably insignificant, but to me mattered a lot. So that was when it was decided to do this one time, the right way, with the right people (Im not referring to participants really).

Legacy was born. Not really because we had no name for it, but I knew exactly what I wanted, which was to dig through some old legal pads and get it all together. It came about, the captains came about, the name of the event came about and the location was already decided before we left it last year. So why is this fool rambling about all of this...Because in exactly one week, you get my Legacy. You get the vision that I created 5 years ago on a yellow legal pad as I was sitting in my home with ideas spinning around. It took me 17 days (the days are numbered on my pad) to have the first outline and what Legacy is today and another 43 days to change it enough to get it approved years back. Next week you get what I wanted. You get what should have been done. And you get to do it in the name of a couple of great guys leading the charge.

Next week I present to you...MY LEGACY.
Some will love it. Some will like it. All will respect it.
It's been an honor putting this together for you with the help of Mike and Ricky. Sit back, take it all in and enjoy the ride.
THP Legacy is Here!

JB, you obviously pour everything you have into this, and it's very much appreciated. No doubt we will love every minute, every experience, that is a part of it. We'll do everything we can, in MB, to honor #THPLegacy and what it is meant to be.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but is there a wall I can run through, right now? I'm ready to go.

Sorry to hear that Morgan will not be able to make it. Hope everything is okay or turns out okay. That is big of Canadian to step up on short notice.

What you put into creating your legacy, is what you will get out of it. If you spend a minute before it all starts, and ask your captains what they put into their team event (they were together) they will sum it up nicely I believe. I put it all on the line and know how that final walk up the stairs to the trophy celebration lunch feels coming up short.

The one thing to take out of any weekend like this...Leave it all out there. You will know what that means after about the 27th hole on Saturday. Leave everything you got out on the course. A few years back I was playing with my partner Puttin4Bird and playing terribly. He carried me around that course for probably 12 of the 18 holes we played that round. Right after I hit a decent shot, he looked at me and said "Its time to show the others that we came prepared". It was a moment he probably doesn't remember and one that was insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was everything. We ended up needed something great later on in that match and together as a team (he hit the drive, I hit it to a foot) came up with that. What does this all mean? Nothing really, just ramblings of an emotional idiot.

But in hindsight, every single person that has played in an event like this, remembers the little things. Whether its fighting fatigue to hit one more great drive, whether its the final walk up to the green (thank you ddec and War Eagle) or whether it's stopping to smell the roses and realizing what the **** is going on. Its mind blowing to think about how lucky you participants are. How so? Im an unemotional robot about this stuff that was left to enough tears to sound like a cat was getting murdered a few years back...AND I WASNT EVEN PLAYING!

I said a few years ago, that enough was enough, but if I had once chance to do something again, it would have been the original thought for a previous event. If I could go back in time, I would change a lot, but Legacy is my original plan done the right way, with some people in place to ensure my sketch takes form. So in exactly 1 week, when you tee off with your new clubs in your practice round, just know you are not just creating your Legacy, but helping to create mine.

So since I am on a rambling kick I will share a story about this. A couple of years ago, the whole crying like a cat getting killed thing happened and it ended on the right note. I was told to break my rules and do something different and should have listened to my gut, but shortly after that I was speaking with someone (ddec) and said to the effect of "if you have a chance to right a wrong, do you do it regardless of work or expense". His response was shocking because he knew in a general sense of what I was speaking. He told me that being ahead of your time, is great for trendsetting, but the kinks get worked out on the fly. This is another conversation that at the time to him was probably insignificant, but to me mattered a lot. So that was when it was decided to do this one time, the right way, with the right people (Im not referring to participants really).

Legacy was born. Not really because we had no name for it, but I knew exactly what I wanted, which was to dig through some old legal pads and get it all together. It came about, the captains came about, the name of the event came about and the location was already decided before we left it last year. So why is this fool rambling about all of this...Because in exactly one week, you get my Legacy. You get the vision that I created 5 years ago on a yellow legal pad as I was sitting in my home with ideas spinning around. It took me 17 days (the days are numbered on my pad) to have the first outline and what Legacy is today and another 43 days to change it enough to get it approved years back. Next week you get what I wanted. You get what should have been done. And you get to do it in the name of a couple of great guys leading the charge.

It's been an honor putting this together for you with the help of Mike and Ricky. Sit back, take it all in and enjoy the ride.
THP Legacy is Here!
Getting to know my team and a little bit of the other team has been truly an honor. It hasn't always been easy buy nothing worth doing ever is. Sharing this experience with a good buddy of mine, Mike has been awesome. I want to win, badly, but I want all 16 participants to get the most out of this experience. There are literally 1000's of THPers that would kill to be in there spots. We all have a responsibility to them and to the sponsors to not only give it everything we have but to also enjoy every second of it.

Well said Josh! As if anyone needed any more motivation. If you did, there it is folks. Reading your post makes me feel even luckier than I already do to participate in this event. It almost doesn't seem real, but damn it's very real and happening in a few short days.

THP Legacy is Here!

Honestly JB, you just raised this up a notch that I didn't think was there to be raised... Thank you for taking those 60 days to create what is going to be a lifelong memory for me and 17 other guys.

This is my favourite part... Most of you guys don't even have a clue what's in store for you haha!

There's just something about walking on that range man.. So many good things happen and are waiting for you out there

Sorry that Morgan can't make it. Excited to meet Canadan though.

It's definitely a privilege and an honor to be part of something so unique. I can't wait. Sometimes, I just sit in my chair here at the office and smile, because I'm part of something that I never would have dreamed I could ever do.

Can't wait. So soon.

~Rock

There's just something about walking on that range man.. So many good things happen and are waiting for you out there

I'll be sure to snap my yearly photo of True Blue's 18th hole to get the week started. I wonder how many of the guys will start sweating looking at that approach!!!

This is my favourite part... Most of you guys don't even have a clue what's in store for you haha!

Take your time guys (well not on the course) and soak up each minute. You will want to make the mental notes because you will want to remember it in the years to come. You are a part of many special somethings: a vision, a team, a family, great companies. If you get down (literally or emotionally) during a match, know that others have been there and have come back victorious. Always treat your opponent with respect because even they will be friends for years to come and the only other ones who FULLY understand the journey you have just completed.

Have a great time guys, you deserve it.

Sorry to hear Morgan won't be able to attend but great to hear Dan stepping up to help, it will be good to see him again.

The road to this has been one heck of a journey and I can't wait to be there with both teams on the range NEXT Friday(wow time flew by) to take it all in and create our Legacy.

Well boys & girls, I think I'm as ready as I can be. My last 3 rounds have been some of the best golf I've played in ages.

I just need to keep this for 1 more week & my Legacy will be chiseled in granite.

Announcement

Due to some unfortunate events, GolferGal will not be present at this event this year. Being as though only an insane person would go about this alone, thankfully that insane person has some family that offered to assist. Playing the role of GolferGal at Legacy this year, will be Canadan. I know it goes without saying, but please treat him with the same respect you would the big boss, as he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and because he wants the event to go without a hitch.

Lots of work still to be done and thankfully Dan will be there to assist me in making sure that you all have the time of your lives.
Sorry to miss Morgan, but happy to finally meet the legend from America's hat.

Late to getting in here, but well done Canadan jumping in. You're a valuable asset to this place.

Back