2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Matsuyama is playing great golf.

his swing is just so incredibly sound. It's iron byron like. Back, pause, go.

Great blind shot by DJ

his swing is just so incredibly sound. It's iron byron like. Back, pause, go.

Its a lot like my swing. Minus the path, speed, tempo, balance and angles.

I think we are seeing the new era of golf represented by the DJ, Spieth, Matsuyama pairing. I would not be shocked if 10 years from now, each of them have majors and are the class of the field.

Is DJ chewing tobacco or something? Looked like he was chewing a lot and spitting a lot.

Matsuyama on fire.

Is DJ chewing tobacco or something? Looked like he was chewing a lot and spitting a lot.

I havent watched yet today - but yea.. he does chew tobacco when he plays.

also -- is there a reason why so much GRAY being worn by everyone? is that like "a thing" at THE OPEN?

seems like the first 2 days everyone is wearing it.

-4 through 4 is really damn good with the weather and conditions right now. He's on fire

I havent watched yet today - but yea.. he does chew tobacco when he plays.

also -- is there a reason why so much GRAY being worn by everyone? is that like "a thing" at THE OPEN?

seems like the first 2 days everyone is wearing it.

That Scottish camouflage. Blends in with the sky.

Way to use the rules to your advantage Spieth

great roll by DJ there leaving a tap in birdie.

Way to use the rules to your advantage Spieth

I've always been told the rules are there to help you. You just have to know them.

Its funny. There is no rule about sprinkler heads, yet the USGA and R&A both allow the drop. Why not make it a rule.

That is the next time they wake them up from their 5 years sleep
Its funny. There is no rule about sprinkler heads, yet the USGA and R&A both allow the drop. Why not make it a rule.

How is ordered determined - who tee's off first on a given hole?

I have always played the "honors" - who ever scored lowest on the hole before plays first ---

but DJ just got a birdie while the other 2 were PAR and BOGIE -- -- but DJ tee'd off last on the next whole.

How does it work in the PGA?

or did i just miss his tee shot first? lol

It's nice to see Luke Donald back up towards the top of a Major leaderboard again, and Justin Rose has made a nice move today as well with a 68. Got to give a shout out to the Irish amateur Paul Dunne who's 3 under on the day through 15, and at 6 under for the championship so far he's just 3 behind the leaders.

Nice chance to get one back here for Jordan

4 holes in 1.2 hours??? Holy hell

I've just realised that although Tom Watson is almost certain to miss the cut in his last open, there's a very good chance that he'll have to finish his round tomorrow morning in front of the larger weekend crowd which would be fitting for such a great man.

How is ordered determined - who tee's off first on a given hole?

I have always played the "honors" - who ever scored lowest on the hole before plays first ---

but DJ just got a birdie while the other 2 were PAR and BOGIE -- -- but DJ tee'd off last on the next whole.

How does it work in the PGA?

Could be strategy. He has hit to adjacent holes and may be intentionally waiting for areas to clear.

I though scoring was supposed to be difficult today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back