The Official Tiger Woods Thread

DD fell because he didn't take care of his vertigo and then tried to change his swing. He never found that power cut again. At his peak he was every bit as good as TW and could have been one of his biggest rivals but changed, thinking he had to.

I agree completely with this. But I also think a part of it was he literally drove himself crazy by not being able to be #1 for an extended period of time over Tiger.

He can't go back. His health will not allow it. Done.

I agree completely with this. But I also think a part of it was he literally drove himself crazy by not being able to be #1 for an extended period of time over Tiger.
Yeah, I agree. TW changed the game and how guys approached it. DD wanted to be on top for a while. The battle at Big horn was perfect. We need thst type of comp again

DD fell because he didn't take care of his vertigo and then tried to change his swing. He never found that power cut again. At his peak he was every bit as good as TW and could have been one of his biggest rivals but changed, thinking he had to.

dude was long and accurate. I agree he got caught up in the chasing tiger mentality. Getting the vertigo sucked for his game. I was a DD homer.

Crazy stat. When Tiger finishes his next round, he will be ranked outside the top 250.

Crazy stat. When Tiger finishes his next round, he will be ranked outside the top 250.

Hmmmmm Is this not the mark the players are designated back to the web.com tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2015 Tiger would struggle on the Web.com tour.

I keep expecting him to turn it around but it's not upsetting me that he hasn't. He was never a sympathetic figure in sports and now that he is struggling it is difficult to feel for him.

Any thoughts on Azingers comments at The Open on tiger? I thought he nailed it, "Its hard to watch the greatest player of this generation be a middle of the pack hack"

Any thoughts on Azingers comments at The Open on tiger? I thought he nailed it, "Its hard to watch the greatest player of this generation be a middle of the pack hack"
He's not even middle of the pack haha! Sad to see

You never know. Next season he might come out winning everything again. Swing changes aren't easy

You never know. Next season he might come out winning everything again. Swing changes aren't easy

This was posted last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before....

That will never happen because tournaments will extend exemptions to him, even playing like a "middle of the pack hack" as Azinger put it, he's still a draw for tournaments.

However, it might really do him some good to go back to the "minors" and maybe get his confidence back....I just don't ever see his ego letting him "stoop that low"

This was posted last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before....

So true. How many years in a row will we hear "I'm close" or "it's a process".

Not saying he should quit playing but man it's hard to hold him in the same light as we used to although I really respect what he accomplished on the course prior to 3 years ago.

He changed the game with his strength, length off the tee, etc. he forced guys to take health seriously and they've caught him. I just don't see him playing top 10 golf again consistently without major improvement....he's seemingly so far off right now.

So true. How many years in a row will we hear "I'm close" or "it's a process".

Not saying he should quit playing but man it's hard to hold him in the same light as we used to although I really respect what he accomplished on the course prior to 3 years ago.

He changed the game with his strength, length off the tee, etc. he forced guys to take health seriously and they've caught him. I just don't see him playing top 10 golf again consistently without major improvement....he's seemingly so far off right now.
Its definitely really bad right now. I'm not sure deep down he really has any idea where the ball will go. 2013 he had 5 wins and i thought perhaps things were changing and maybe the injuries changed that but now that he's injury free (according to him) and doing to worse we've ever seen I'm not sure what to think haha. He needs some serious changes cuz this obviously isn't working.

he has plenty of exemptions to stay on tour
I'm pretty sure he is a lifetime member based on number of wins. He also has masters, pga and open championship exemptions for a long time to come. The US open is another story, I think he only has 10 years from his last win in 08.

I'm pretty sure he is a lifetime member based on number of wins. He also has masters, pga and open championship exemptions for a long time to come. The US open is another story, I think he only has 10 years from his last win in 08.

correct, 20+ wins on tour gets you a lifetime tour card.

Who ever posted about the web.com.. I think tiger would have trouble on that tour as well. They play hard courses some tougher than the main circuit. Really liked watching some web.com events this year. Those guys are almost if just just not as good as the big boys

Who ever posted about the web.com.. I think tiger would have trouble on that tour as well. They play hard courses some tougher than the main circuit. Really liked watching some web.com events this year. Those guys are almost if just just not as good as the big boys

Are you sure you have seen the scores they put up on the Web tour? You whine and moan about scores on the PGA, I find it hard to believe you'd enjoy the Web. Hell -28 won last week.

Are you sure you have seen the scores they put up on the Web tour? You whine and moan about scores on the PGA, I find it hard to believe you'd enjoy the Web. Hell -28 won last week.
Don't look for logic, it isn't there.

I think the scores are way to low. Ruining the integrity of the game. But nice to have an opinion , really care less if anyone agrees to disagree

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

is he paying lacava when he's missing cuts? if not, how long before Joey quits and finds a horse that will actually make him some money?!

and for everyone saying tiger is lost; tiger has no idea where the ball is going; etc, don't we have anecdotes about his practice rounds and driving range where he is hitting the ball as well as maybe he ever has? so he can play, and play really well. it's just when it counts that he goes haywire. I don't understand how problems in his personal life only affect him on the course.

Not that there's many left, but Tiger needs to play every event left in the year no matter how small, and 90% of the events next year. He's never going to get back to form playing once every 6 weeks.

Back