2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Really stupid they even had people start today only to suspend 45 min later. Pretty much everyone out gained a stroke or two in the three holes they played.

No wonder Todd was so pissed.

Yea, I don't think I have to worry about missing much of the final round with my 9:30 tee time tomorrow morning. They'll still be in the 3rd round I'm guessing. Monday finish?

They keep saying no split tees, but jeeze, unless they want a full round Monday, not sure how they don't.

Athletes of today are just far too pampered! They would have been playing 10+ years ago.
Many years ago the greens were probably slow enough that the ball would stay put.

Really stupid they even had people start today only to suspend 45 min later. Pretty much everyone out gained a stroke or two in the three holes they played.

Agreed.
And to answer cpl question. I'm concerned about even finishing Monday.

I think they should keep playing. I mean seriously. They are ALL playing in the same conditions! So they all make 2 to 5 over par on each hole? It is still fair play because everyone has the same problems.

This is a joke.

Another thing. If they know how windy it always is there. Why not let the greens grow up a little so it will slow them down? This deal is ran worse than the Federal Government.

Yep and then the fact in that time some guys played multiple holes and some guys hit 3 shots just isn't right

I think they should keep playing. I mean seriously. They are ALL playing in the same conditions! So they all make 2 to 5 over par on each hole? It is still fair play because everyone has the same problems.

This is a joke.

Another thing. If they know how windy it always is there. Why not let the greens grow up a little so it will slow them down? This deal is ran worse than the Federal Government.

The thing is, they're not all playing the same course.

This is a joke.

No they are not playing the same conditions, the guys that were able to finish yesterday didn't have to deal with this in the same round as these guys. Remember this is not the third round it's still the second.

Just saw that play is set to resume at 3:00 BST...

45 mph doesn't sound fun. going to be a long tourney and it was dumb to send anyone out.

No they are not playing the same conditions, the guys that were able to finish yesterday didn't have to deal with this in the same round as these guys. Remember this is not the third round it's still the second.

Oops, I forgot about that. I can see the reason now. Thanks for the reminder.
Hopefully the wind will ease up and they can finish round two today.

Agreed.
And to answer cpl question. I'm concerned about even finishing Monday.
Man I really don't want a Monday finish. Theres nothing like getting up on Sunday AM and having breakfast and coffee and watching the leaders go off around 9:30 and then having most of the afternoon free.

Watching on DVR Monday (or Tiesday) night just want be the same.

I can see them getting round 3 going late today, running split tees, and then finishing late tomorrow.

Camera can't even stay still for the still shots of the leaderboard.

Looks like play is resuming.

Wow that was DJs first swing of the day yikes and then to not mark it. Doesn't he tske a 6 after being a few yards off the green in 2?

45 mph doesn't sound fun. going to be a long tourney and it was dumb to send anyone out.
We played in stuff like that at Whiskey Ridge

If Tiger has to play in this stuff, he might shoot 100. Any truth to the rumor that they are holding them back so he does not shoot 100? :angel:

If Tiger has to play in this stuff, he might shoot 100. Any truth to the rumor that they are holding them back so he does not shoot 100? :angel:

I think they are waiting for Spieth to say it's ok

Coffee #3.

Back