2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Ian Poulter looks like a giant blueberry.

5 three-jacks in round 2 is not going to get ANYTHING done. I really want him to win, but I simply don't see it this week.

Same here... 5 shots back and still alot of golf left maybe he can make a run for it

Anyone heard the weather forcast for tomorrow?

Still have 8 alive in fantasy between -1 and -10. Still holding hopes for my Spieth - Oosthaizen combo in this contest.

These conditions are ridiculous!

DJ - Oosthie combo looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ - Oosthie combo looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That combo is looking very strong! Highly doubt anyone has Willett or Lawrie in the THP contest.

5 three-jacks in round 2 is not going to get ANYTHING done. I really want him to win, but I simply don't see it this week.

I saw Spieth say in an interview after the round that he needs to improve his proximity to the hole with his approach shots. It shows that the GIR stat this week is a bit misleading since Spieth is leading the entire field in that department.

And just confirmed it, 10 for 10 made the weekend (and Monday) for fantasy. Time to make up some ground!

I saw Spieth say in an interview after the round that he needs to improve his proximity to the hole with his approach shots. It shows that the GIR stat this week is a bit misleading since Spieth is leading the entire field in that department.

What a novel idea.

Looks like I picked a good day to travel. Didn't miss a lick. Suxs though on the Monday finish.

Oh man, I hope Jordan has an extra outfit. Where's Holly?!!?!??!

Rinaldi with some great post round interviews. That's how it's done, Holly.

ESPN information for Sunday and Monday, along with ESPN3 online coverage info (especially important for Monday):

ESPN’s live telecast of Round 3 will begin at 7 a.m. ET (noon in Scotland), with the telecast of Monday’s final round set to begin at 6 a.m. ET (11 a.m. in Scotland).

ESPN3 will offer options for a second-screen experience during the ESPN telecast, including a Featured Players feed on Saturday. The feed will open at 7 a.m. and will join the Phil Mickelson/Gary Woodland pairing in progress. Then at 8:30 a.m., the Featured Players feed will tee off with the Jordan Spieth/Sergio Garcia pairing.

The full ESPN3 schedule for Saturday and Sunday:

Date Time (ET) Feed Round
Sun 7/19/2015 6 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. @TheOpen Live Round 3
6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. International View – The Open Round 3
7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Featured Players – The Open Round 3
7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. In Spanish – The Open Round 3
7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ESPN Telecast Round 3
6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. The Road Hole (#17) – The Open Round 3

Mon 7/20/2015 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. ESPN Telecast Round 4
6 a.m. – 2 p.m. In Spanish – The Open Round 4
6 a.m. – 2 p.m. @TheOpen Live Round 4
6 a.m. – 2 p.m. International View – The Open Round 4

It is great to see DD make the cut.

I have Rose and Spieth. Not out of it, but waaaay back.

Not out of it either, but I need Koepka to not do the usual Koepka where he makes a ton of birdies... and an 8.

so ... how much does the wind affect putting? Azinger is talking about it. I don't think I've ever played in 20 mph wind. do you just wind up and hit it to get it to go 20 feet (if that's what you're out)?
Jason Day said it made him feel like an 18 marker just hoping he had the right line without really being confident over the putts.

I have Rose and Spieth. Not out of it, but waaaay back.

Same here. Would love to see rose up there come tomorrow. Just glad my two made the cut in one of these contests

I had DJ and Adam Scott. Things are looking up!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I had Tiger and Watson....NOT! My choices were Spieth and Tommy Fleetwood (my dark horse). I'm done. Good luck to those still in contention.

I had Tiger and Watson....NOT! My choices were Spieth and Tommy Fleetwood (my dark horse). I'm done. Good luck to those still in contention.
I had Fleetwood on my fantasy team, and he looked promising after the first day.

I think I'm done for the contest. My long shot couldn't hit a shot.

Back