San Diego golf next week

e1iterate

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm headed to San Diego for a few days next week and will be playing some pretty cool courses with some buddies. Wondering if anyone on THP has played any of these and can let me know what to expect? I'll be taking pics and such as well.

Thursday - Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club: http://www.rsfgolfclub.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?GRP=23857&NS=PG

Friday - The Madison Club: http://madisonclubca.com/golf

Sunday - Torrey Pines North (morning) South (afternoon): https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/golf/torreypines/

Let me know if you've played any of these courses. I'm sure quite a few have played Torrey. What can I expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a bunch of stuff on Torrey in the first hand crafted travel thread. And some today in the third handcrafted travel thread as 7 guys are playing there today.

Fairways are premium. Kikiua grass is real.... much like the monkey.

Racho Santa Fe is a good course always in good condition. Torrey You already no what to expect. It wont be as pure during the summer because of all the play but it will still be great.

I have no clue having never been close to Cali but looking forward to the updates/pics.

Monkey

What questions did you ha e about Torrey?

What questions did you ha e about Torrey?

Any advice you would give to someone playing there the first time?

Fairways... rough is very grabby and will twist the club

Ok let's do this:

North course - greens are new so they're rock hard. Play short of the greens if possible and run the ball up to the pin. If not possible, come in as high as you can.

South course - everything breaks towards the ocean. Rough is sticky regardless of length. Bunkers are thin in areas so be prepared for that. Most importantly, pick the correct set of tees for your game.

Fairways... rough is very grabby and will twist the club

You have to come back right before the Farmers.

You have to come back right before the Farmers.

We gotta go play there in January when they start prepping and growing it out. My game might not be ready after 6 months off but I want to go play there again. I havent been back since I shot 70.

San Diego golf next week

Rancho Santa Fe was amazing yesterday. My phone was on life support from the early flight in so I didn't get many pics but here is my fav.

Greens were poa annua, best way I can describe the greens is sticky fast. But man they putted true. First time ever putting on those. Rough was fair but thick in spots.

276a9d481f95276b8a94c742e1c24b8d.jpg

a77c53fc1eabcaba731e5a88c101dd79.png

Our Madison Club hook up fell through so we are going to play Maderas this afternoon. I'll try and get some pics today as I shouldn't have charge issues with my phone.

Last edited:
So I'm headed to San Diego for a few days next week and will be playing some pretty cool courses with some buddies. Wondering if anyone on THP has played any of these and can let me know what to expect? I'll be taking pics and such as well.

Thursday - Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club: http://www.rsfgolfclub.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?GRP=23857&NS=PG

Friday - The Madison Club: http://madisonclubca.com/golf

Sunday - Torrey Pines North (morning) South (afternoon): https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/golf/torreypines/

Let me know if you've played any of these courses. I'm sure quite a few have played Torrey. What can I expect?

I'm heading to San Diego the following week (Aug 24-27)!

I'm playing the following:

Thurs: Goose Creek in Mira Loma (on the drive down from Vegas)

Friday a.m.: Mt. Woodsen (played it before, the huge boulders and blind fairways are a strange draw for my group)

Friday p.m.: Carmel Mountain

Saturday: Coronado (played a few years ago, love playing it in the afternoon)

Sunday a.m.: Torrey Pines South.

Loving all this golf being played in Sd by thpers. Play well and enjoy the views

gonna keep an eye out on this thread as I may be out there in October

I'm headed out there during the second week of october for work. Keeping an eye on this

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes sir i think middle of month. Conference is mon and tues so need to come in saturday to golf!

Nice. As long as I'm not stuck on rehab duty for my dad I'll be in for a round. Let me know as it gets closer.

Here are some pics of Maderas. Greens were a little bumpy but some great visuals.

1be1b9bb9f6287c25288a127ae8d33f7.jpg

9961e4bed4c0c686cb96e4d98ac27404.jpg

17350271fe35d1a0aa1aa8e73d8d6ddd.jpg

4ca783af450ac593ada868a67ffc91af.jpg

b174a0edf3911141b311906025871a10.jpg

Some pics from Torrey Pines North.

55a7d7d116845cead413db5dbfb6177f.jpg

eb5d32e59d219194af3453de56f57269.png

1baf77d7d41e2ea87425855dc269a72c.jpg

8414ca201ae7e848329a7946e5d790d2.jpg

fecfa6c69d226379ca76087358aeb4ca.jpg

Yes sir i think middle of month. Conference is mon and tues so need to come in saturday to golf!

I'll be there 22-25th the wife has a conference M-W

Nice pics Mike

It's muggy as hell but great day for golf. Have fun on the second round

It's muggy as hell but great day for golf. Have fun on the second round

Come to Nashville. This isn't muggy at all. This is perfect. Tee off in about an hour for the South Course.

Back