Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

A few weeks ago I promised my wife no more golf clubs this year. I've been obsessing over the Heavenwood, and talked her into one more purchase... On its way from Callaway Preowned! :)

A few weeks ago I promised my wife no more golf clubs this year. I've been obsessing over the Heavenwood, and talked her into one more purchase... On its way from Callaway Preowned! :)

Very nice! I'm willing to bet, you're going to love it.

Thanks to Jim54, my Heavenwood arrived today. As everyone else has commented, it was ridiculously easy to hit off a tee and nearly as easy off the deck.

My plan for the club is to give me something longer than my current RazrX 3h (which is 2.75" shorter and .5* weaker) that helps minimize the loss of my V Series 3w (understanding it won't be as long), which is being replaced by a BB Mini. I'm not sure what was going on at the range tonight - wind, range balls or me - but every club was coming up short, so I wasn't able to really see how this club will work to fill new gaps. I will try again later in the week at the range, but I may need to get it on a course with gamer balls to really know.

Frank it was the cool 80 degree Oregon air. Your use to the 100 degree weather!!!!

Thanks to Jim54, my Heavenwood arrived today. As everyone else has commented, it was ridiculously easy to hit off a tee and nearly as easy off the deck.

My plan for the club is to give me something longer than my current RazrX 3h (which is 2.75" shorter and .5* weaker) that helps minimize the loss of my V Series 3w (understanding it won't be as long), which is being replaced by a BB Mini. I'm not sure what was going on at the range tonight - wind, range balls or me - but every club was coming up short, so I wasn't able to really see how this club will work to fill new gaps. I will try again later in the week at the range, but I may need to get it on a course with gamer balls to really know.

If you end up taking out the stock shaft, let me know and we may be able to work something out for it. I have tried everything else but the stock shaft in my HW and would like to give it a shot.

This might be a bit of an overstatement.. But I truly think this is the best golf club I've ever owned.

I hardly ever hit this club at the range because it's been so good for me on the course that I don't feel the need to practice with it.

I have never, EVER, had a club I can lean on like this one. This past weekend REALLY confirmed to me that this is a go to club for me, and luckily, I hit it a long damn way off the tee which makes it even more versatile for me.

LOVE.

EFFING LOVE.

Guy I played with last weekend referred to it as my 3 wood. I didn't correct him.

First day on the range with the new Heavenwood. Everyone should own this awesome club!
c86498a395fe4a199187ee1cf9a119b2.jpg

One of the few Callaway clubs I haven't tried, that may need to end today.

Bought one of these last night and this thing is incredible. Nothing but long and straight and high.

how would the V heavenwood compare to the V 5 wood in distance?

You're going to get varying answers on that. For me, it blends out to be as far off the tee as I ever hit my G30 5w, but silly easier off the deck. For many other though it falls in that 7w/3h length range.

The versatility based on the golfer and the swing, is a ton of fun with this one.

how would the V heavenwood compare to the V 5 wood in distance?

You're going to get varying answers on that. For me, it blends out to be as far off the tee as I ever hit my G30 5w, but silly easier off the deck. For many other though it falls in that 7w/3h length range.

The versatility based on the golfer and the swing, is a ton of fun with this one.

James is spot on here. It truly depends on the golfer and the spot/yardage they are trying to fill. For me this club sits right at my 185-210 club and transitions well into my VSeries 3W which is my 210-225 club.

Off the tee or the deck it's a versatile option

James is spot on here. It truly depends on the golfer and the spot/yardage they are trying to fill. For me this club sits right at my 185-210 club and transitions well into my VSeries 3W which is my 210-225 club.

Off the tee or the deck it's a versatile option
3w is 225-ish for me and after only 3 range sessions the Heavenwood appears to be a 200-ish type club for me.

So i added a Heavenwood recently to the bag and it's coming out.

Now, it's not because of the club. It does exactly what it is supposed to. The problem is with me. First, the length is odd to me. It just feels too long for the distance it fills. The loft is for real, it goes super high and falls like intended. But, I am just more comfortable with my 815 Alpha 18* for the distance I need to fill and I feel more comfortable hitting the shots I need with it.

Has anyone hit this with a steel shaft? What about at 3 hybrid length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone hit the heavenwood vs the 5 wood?
comparisons?
Sorry, no. But it's 1/2" shorter and 1.5* stronger. They probably aren't very different distance wise.

Has anyone hit this with a steel shaft? What about at 3 hybrid length?

On the length thing, you'd really be defeating the purpose of the club IMO since its designed to be played at 3w length.

The steel thing is interesting though, I know I'm not effing with my setup though! LOL

On the length thing, you'd really be defeating the purpose of the club IMO since its designed to be played at 3w length.

The steel thing is interesting though, I know I'm not effing with my setup though! LOL

Thanks for responding James. I'm not worried about the length (distance) aspect of this club, more trying to get a go to club for 200-215 yds that will elevate easily and have high flight without ballooning. I've tried 7w before but they all ballooned too much. I'm thinking the loft of the HW with a shorter steel shaft could offer that. For now, I'm using the BBA 815 20* hybrid and I can't get the height I'm looking for

Thanks for responding James. I'm not worried about the length (distance) aspect of this club, more trying to get a go to club for 200-215 yds that will elevate easily and have high flight without ballooning. I've tried 7w before but they all ballooned too much. I'm thinking the loft of the HW with a shorter steel shaft could offer that. For now, I'm using the BBA 815 20* hybrid and I can't get the height I'm looking for

Have you hit this yet? Sorry if thats a skim.

I think you are letting the length worry you for no reason honestly, its silly easy to hit. Silly. Easy.

Have you hit this yet? Sorry if thats a skim.

I think you are letting the length worry you for no reason honestly, its silly easy to hit. Silly. Easy.

Yep and while using the stock shaft it just under performed against my 815 16*. But a different shaft could be necessary and maybe you're right I should retest it

Few questions, I don't hit my Hybrid or 3Wood off the tee very well, for whatever reason and wanted to try something new. I am looking for a club I can hit off the tee 210-230 yards for those holes where my driver is too long. This seems to fit the build so I want to give it a shot.

My question is, I am looking at Callaway pre-owned and have there shaft options, Mitsubishi Fubuki ZT 60 Graphite, Mitsubishi 2ND Generation Bassara E-Series 52 Fairway Graphite and Mitsubishi Diamana (White) D+ 72 Graphite.

Any recommendations on the shaft? I'm looking for a mid ball flight similar to my hybrid.

Back