The best shot of the round

Today was easy. 9 iron from 149 on a downhill par 3 to 6 (ish) feet. #birdie

Yesterday, made a 17' off the the fringe with a stick in for birdie

25d4e3072519de7f2334e87103e84f81.jpg

Today hit 155yd 9I from the rough with a tough lie to pin high 15' from the hole.

c8a5cd090073eee1846b3aaf81e392d6.jpg

The best shot of my round yesterday was on the 18th when I teed up and hit a ball into the Bay !! Epic!!

b625739bcd3658af9fc60a3555e69bca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/4 54 degree wedge one hop and spin back to 3 feet, leaving a tap in birdie
Or
40ft chip from from greenside rough with the 54 that dropped for a birdie

Best shot of today's round was a chip in to save par on the #1 handicap hole from 10 yards.

87 yard PM Grind to about 1/4"

After a solid drive, 175 left, hit a crisp 6 iron to pin high. Made the 5 foot putt. On the 1 hcp hole.

Par 3 14th, perfect 8i from 131, uphill, and stuck it to a foot for the kick in bird!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The best shot of the round

had some solid ones today. 270y 3w to just in front of a 310y par 4 (managed to chunk the first pitch, shank the next one, then 2-putt for an absolutely idiotic bogey).

uphill 110y 52* out of a fw bunker to about 10'.

lots of solid drives, and lots of fairways. a couple 270y drives (that's really big for me).

so happy to have nothing worse than bogey on the card, but man was I frustrated with my putting.

edit: although this "shot" was probably the best ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437269537.280601.jpg

Has to be the recovery shot from the right rough on #10 today. Decent but the 2nd shot, 4i not through the trees but over them leaving a wedge in. It was just like I planned it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My group peppered the flag on the 11th hole from about 90 yards out in a 4 man shamble yesterday . My shot skipped in, took 2 hops and ended up about 2 inches from the cup.
56025049578d1890c338dc87bce075de.jpg

Last edited:
A couple from yesterday's round stick out. One was a 30 foot putt down hill and over a couple mounds that dove in the hole. Then a couple shots with the PM grind wedges, one with the 60* from 25 yards away off hardpan to within 5 feet, the other with the 56* in rough from 50 yards away to within 7 feet. Finally, hit a bomb with my 3h from out of medium rough, leaving me a nice wedge to the green on an uphill 500 yard par 5. Probably 210ish yard-wise. That club is terrific out of the rough for me.

Hit 3 gap wedges yesterday from 115 - 120 out to within 6 feet in the 3 person scramble I played in. That was definitely my wheelhouse yesterday.

5 doubles and 4 bogies on the front 9 in yesterday's points game, and almost as bad on the back 9. I only managed to par 2 holes yesterday. left a bunch of pars on the table with 3 putts. just one of those days.

I had a few good shots here and there but most of them seemed to be recovery shots from bad tee shots. The one shot that stood out for me was my 3rd shot on #18 (par 5) Decent drive, but fatted my 2nd shot (3i hybrid)...skied it about 100 yards to a spot about 185 yards from the flag, 1st cut of the left rough along a tree line. The green is long and deep with the pin set back on the right side. Used my 4i hybrid and caught it nicely with a slight fade. The ball landed between the left side of the green and a greenside bunker, released and rolled out to a fat spot at the back of the green. I was left about 25' to the pin. 2-putted and ended the round with the 2nd par of the day. Crappy round, but ended in a satisfying way.

Mine was easily a 56* from the rough at 100 yards on the dot. High and all over the stick from the get go. Landed 6 inches from the cup, took a hop and sat down just a foot past the cup. Nice kick in birdie

Nothing really stood out for me in yesterday's round so I'll go with a wedge from 80 yards to 5 feet. Pin was tucked right up against the left edge and it was a good shot to get it close.

Hit a lousy drive into the left side rough that left me about 225. Struggling with the 3W and hybrid lately so chose to hit 4 iron. Put it just off the green to the right, chip and a putt par.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Hit a tee shot that ended up in the left rough, 190 out from the green. Hit a near perfect 5w to the fringe.

3 putted from there...

Par 3, hit a high draw 10 meters left of the green, under a tree and approximately 3m higher than the green with the green running away, flop shot down landed next to hole, ran on to about 5 meters past, putted back for par and to win the hole for 8 skins. Loved it.

Mine was easily a 56* from the rough at 100 yards on the dot. High and all over the stick from the get go. Landed 6 inches from the cup, took a hop and sat down just a foot past the cup. Nice kick in birdie

that blue w/s is a nice wedge. They perform well on those shots. My 52 and 56 are my two favorite wedges. I either need to get one of the sating in 48 or just take my current one out of the bag and add something up top.

Par 3, hit a high draw 10 meters left of the green, under a tree and approximately 3m higher than the green with the green running away, flop shot down landed next to hole, ran on to about 5 meters past, putted back for par and to win the hole for 8 skins. Loved it.

Love a good flop shot, good stuff sir!

110yds out on the 18th from my partners drive in the tournament this morning, gap wedge to 3ft, partner sunk the putt and we tied for 2nd out of 36 teams

Back