New video game "The Golf Club"

I think that is the case with lots of simulation software.

Simulation software that justifies the price, probably. I don't see it in this case. You can use your thumbs and 30 dollars to play it online. Why do you need 2,000 dollars to use a golf club instead?

that makes absolutely zero sense to me. thousands to add simulation? Get real.

Simulation software that justifies the price, probably. I don't see it in this case. You can use your thumbs and 30 dollars to play it online. Why do you need 2,000 dollars to use a golf club instead?

I agree with you, I cannot think of a justification for it. To be fair all I have heard is rumors from people not connected to either Skytrak or TGC (that I am aware of), so who knows. In the end it's software. Even if it's more difficult to get raw data from a launch monitor to extrapolate into shot results instead of extrapolating the movements of a controller, it cannot possibly be that much more.

But if any of these were to come in really low with the prices, it would change the game for the industry no? From what little I know about this, even offering it for something like a few hundred dollars would massively undercut the competition right?

Ultimately my guess is they figure out a subscription model. Then it comes down to a reasonable monthly cost.

In a game of "reading too much into a statement", this tidbit was released: "Skytrak hooks up via USB. TGC is stand alone software with integration program. It's the best of them all."

I am curious why they would use the term "stand alone software". I think we all assumed it would be a separate software application that runs on a PC or Mac. So either that was poor writing, or there is something extra going on there - and that would justify a higher price point.

July Update Notes (currently live on PS4 - should be coming soon for XB1)

As Sony have passed both European and North American versions of the July update, I'm going to release them now.
As you guys had to wait longer for the DLC than the Xbox owners, it's only fair
smiley.gif

Below is a list of the fixes, improvements, etc

NEW FEATURES
* Highland Theme
* New Flags to choose from in Greg Norman Course Designer
* Ability to favourite replays and watch later
* Choice between Metric and imperial measurements
* Heavy Rough slider
* Stableford Tournaments
* New Backdrops for themes
* New Trees
* Added separate green and fairway firmness sliders
* Adjustable Cart Path widths
* Advanced Search Filter on Course list
* Sliders to reduce randomly generated objects like Rocks
* Some new global plants
* Distance Tool (Measuring Tape)

IMPROVEMENTS
* rain on water splash effect
* Small Optimisations
* Better colliders on stones and rocks
* Drop Ball Improvements
* Tournament Wind improvements (So that directions is also taken into account

BUG FIXES
* Over 150 including
* Flag Marker overlapping the wind marker
* HUD Overlapping
* Ghost Ball Wind issues

Separate Green and Fairway firmness sliders.

God I love how these devs listen to the community.

The also adjusted the swing meter so it is more intuitive for taking partial swings

From one of the devs:

Post how you are doing with the swing percentage once you get the update. Remember, it is no longer tied to the frame rate so it will no longer assume you wanted to get 100%. You will need the proper tempo and swing to achieve 100%. I am seeing some twitter posts saying they can't get 100% anymore. That is where the whole granular swing mechanic comes into play. You actually need to make the proper swing now, the game will not assume you meant to hit 100%.

Separate Green and Fairway firmness sliders.

God I love how these devs listen to the community.

And the clouds have parted and the choirs of angels rain down from above. That should be a massive improvement.

I like this one too...hated that I couldn't save my awesome shots.

* Ability to favourite replays and watch later

Don't show that to Six4Three5. He thinks the graphics suck on TGC.

I'll have to give that one a rip also. And start building something new.
Those look nice I won't lie.

Thought of this today and got back to it. Had an inspiration looking back at some old photos of my trip to NC to begin my best impersonation of a Coore & Crenshaw design. Missing one essential thing and that is pine straw (unless I just can't find it). With a day off tomorrow I hope to have it out soon right after I finish polishing an old goodie I created a while back.

TGC truly has some of the best post-launch support I've seen and they listen to the requests of the community so well. So user friendly and oriented and the limitless content from user generation puts EA/Rory to absolute shame. Now do I want to download the dlc...

Thought of this today and got back to it. Had an inspiration looking back at some old photos of my trip to NC to begin my best impersonation of a Coore & Crenshaw design. Missing one essential thing and that is pine straw (unless I just can't find it). With a day off tomorrow I hope to have it out soon right after I finish polishing an old goodie I created a while back.

TGC truly has some of the best post-launch support I've seen and they listen to the requests of the community so well. So user friendly and oriented and the limitless content from user generation puts EA/Rory to absolute shame. Now do I want to download the dlc...
I have thought about pine straw for months now. Would love to have it. I wonder if it's been suggested. It would have to be a layer that overrides everything but the green texture.

Fluffy likes to destroy course records.

Also, I had a great moment with mward last night.. He got all emotional and felt the jealousy. Hang on.

It is a good feeling knowing if I don't enjoy Rory that I can come back to this game with no shortage of courses. I am glad people are still enjoying this one.

Just played McKee McGrodo - Topaz

Holy crap what a course. Shot +7, but has to be one of the best courses I've seen to day. Going to play it again right now.

Just played McKee McGrodo - Topaz

Holy crap what a course. Shot +7, but has to be one of the best courses I've seen to day. Going to play it again right now.
I will be playing that today at some point. Looked to be top of the line.

That's either my 2nd or 3rd legit HOI in TGC.

d5746bd66d24e8d3d33d142edced26d2.jpg

That one stung. The third shot on the last par 5 really stung and cost me the tie at worst.

The X1 update borked the game!!! I'm a left stick swinger and they freaking broke it! Really? Not one tester thought to swing with the left stick during QC?

Played a couple of rounds now, just trying to get the feel. I am liking it so far.

Video of TGC and Skytrak in beta!

Video of TGC and Skytrak in beta!

If this comes to fruition in your household, can I just take up a permanent residence? That is seriously cool stuff.

Back