Great American Total Solar Eclipse: Your plans

I am in the middle of harvest so I will be working

It's raining here all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our eclipse party starts in about an hour. Grilling bacon wrapped pickles, hotdogs and burgers for the family then off to play 18.

We have rain and clouds in KC. They are saying to drive out to Jefferson City to get out of the cloudcover.

I'll be watching on video. Fun stuff! haha

Zoo is crazy crowded, but we're in. They handed out glasses too.

I hate Tapatalk

We have rain and clouds in KC. They are saying to drive out to Jefferson City to get out of the cloudcover.

I'll be watching on video. Fun stuff! haha

The sun is out in Olathe at the moment.

We'll be at about 99.5% totality here.

4 minutes away from the partial Eclipse starting at my house. Everyone is out of their homes in the neighborhood.

Starting here soon but marine layer is cooperating very well for this

It has started here in Portland. Gotta use those glasses folks, otherwise it is just a freakishly bright sun.

I woke up at 5am to see the eclipse and it was pitch black! Total sun blockage! Amazing.

I woke up at 5am to see the eclipse and it was pitch black! Total sun blockage! Amazing.

Should've slept another hour; was still going at 6.

Decided to go play golf this afternoon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The total eclipse just got over. That was pretty amazing for sure......

It's starting outside... and it's no different than any other eclipse. It looks like 1:26 in the afternoon.

It's starting outside... and it's no different than any other eclipse. It looks like 1:26 in the afternoon.

it was pretty overcast here, but i think it's going to start clearing up. i think our full tilt is a little before 3pm.

It was pretty cool, even at just 99% effect. I'm very happy I didn't travel and fight the crowds to see the last 1%

it was pretty overcast here, but i think it's going to start clearing up. i think our full tilt is a little before 3pm.

That's what I heard as well. I'm getting out of a meeting 30min early though so people can watch, so I'll enjoy this eclipse like a champ hehe.

I like lunar ones better, those are always really neat.

And the clouds are back.

I decided not to drive north in case it was cloudy so will maybe see 99.9%.

just over 90% coverage where I am at. Kind of surreal being out in the sun but not being able to feel the sun on your skin.

Playing golf. Holy crap. I'm playing with the strangest guy I've ever met. I guess the eclipse really does bring out the odd balls.
75539554a254fe04cc98679c181c193f.jpg

And he has no idea that there is an eclipse going on. He was wondering why it was getting dark.

I could definitely feel the air difference, not a whole lot of visual difference where I am (looked like early morning instead of late morning), but I did see the crescent

27 years until the next total eclipse!

Don't fry your phone camera Dan! It might be time to get a new phone even sooner!

Back