Great American Total Solar Eclipse: Your plans

So turns out the eclipse that will be passing through the US in 2045 will provide people with approximately 6 minutes of totality. Going to do what I can to hang on long enough to live to be 73. In the meantime, will probably head to Kansas City to see the 2024 eclipse with the family (as long as the in-laws still live in Tulsa).

I am there. I will be 62. I get to use the next to the forward tees.

I'll be 59 and playing the FRONT tees!

So turns out the eclipse that will be passing through the US in 2045 will provide people with approximately 6 minutes of totality. Going to do what I can to hang on long enough to live to be 73. In the meantime, will probably head to Kansas City to see the 2024 eclipse with the family (as long as the in-laws still live in Tulsa).

I'll be 80 and will love to be around to watch it pass over Colorado. 6 minutes will be awesome. The 2 1/2 that I just had went by so quick that I felt that I missed fully enjoying the moment.

I'll be 80 and will love to be around to watch it pass over Colorado. 6 minutes will be awesome. The 2 1/2 that I just had went by so quick that I felt that I missed fully enjoying the moment.
Same here. I spent a good amount of time trying to wake my son up (who had fallen asleep while I found an unobstructed spot at the zoo). I saw the very beginning and end though ... so I can say I experienced everything about the eclipse. I didn't see Venus (or any of the other planets however) ... because I didn't want to spend any extra time looking around trying to spot stuff. You can do a lot more in six minutes though ... and now that I know what to expect, I think I can better prepare for future total eclipses (at least the whole two that I can easily travel to in my lifetime).

I saw the eclipse in Gallatin TN which is one of the best places to see it. There was over 2 minutes of totality, where the moon completely covers the sun. Driving in wasn't so bad but the drive back was horrendous. The traffic was all piled up through most of Tennessee, hotel rooms were impossible to get, and even the rest stops were full. I ended up parking by the curb at a rest stop which was the only place I could park since all the parking spots and most of the curb spots were filled and I slept in my car for the night which lots of other people were doing.

Back