One spot left in the bag (atm) and looking for ideas

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
I'm not sure what to put in between the 3w and 3h right now. I'm not sure if I should just get a 5w, or something different. Any suggestions?

Heavenwood.

What is the yardage gap you are trying to fill?

Jack

I'm not sure what to put in between the 3w and 3h right now. I'm not sure if I should just get a 5w, or something different. Any suggestions?

What are the lofts on the 3w and 3h? Seems like the average 3w is 15* and the average 3h is 19*, might be a little difficult to slot something in the middle and actually make it distinguishable.

I have a 5 wood between my 3 wood and my 23* Hybrid and it works good for me.

3 Wood = 215-225
5 Wood = 195-205
Hybrid = 180-190

What is the yardage gap you are trying to fill?

Jack

between 230 and 210 (carry)

I have a 5 wood between my 3 wood and my 23* Hybrid and it works good for me.

3 Wood = 215-225
5 Wood = 195-205
Hybrid = 180-190

What are the lofts on the 3w and 3h? Seems like the average 3w is 15* and the average 3h is 19*, might be a little difficult to slot something in the middle and actually make it distinguishable.

15* 3w and 19* alt. The 3 hyron is a questionable club for me though, some days it's great , and others I'm not sure if it really carries any farther than the 4.

3W to 3h is a pretty standard progression, no? What's at the bottom of your bag; have room for another wedge? I would agree with maybe Heavenwood if your set on the top of your bag. I haven't hit it yet though, but man do I want one.

3W to 3h is a pretty standard progression, no? What's at the bottom of your bag; have room for another wedge? I would agree with maybe Heavenwood if your set on the top of your bag. I haven't hit it yet though, but man do I want one.

All set for wedges with the vokey M grind 54 and Smart sole S 58. I would love to try a heavenwood also, but haven't found one yet up here in NE WI. (the area that is apparently is not any OEM's map.) haha

Choke down on your 3w and you'll cover that gap nicely

I 100% agree on the heavenwood and I have only played it for 1 round

That has crossed my mind. I'm still looking for one to try.

The Gauntlet is right around the corner. Signups are going on now. It's with Callaway Golf, Roger Cleveland will be there and I am sure you can test one out on Cog Hill.

I hit my 2 hybrid about 215-200. The launch is really too high, but it lands like a sack of potatoes, and sticks.

Just try some different clubs and see.

Jack

The Gauntlet is right around the corner. Signups are going on now. It's with Callaway Golf, Roger Cleveland will be there and I am sure you can test one out on Cog Hill.
I'll have to look into that when I get back home.

I hit my 2 hybrid about 215-200. The launch is really too high, but it lands like a sack of potatoes, and sticks.

Just try some different clubs and see.

Jack
Trying a bunch now.

Cleveland 588 5 wood or maybe a heavenwood

No luck finding a heavenwood to try. I suppose I could look at a 62* wedge. lol
Actually a 5w does fit right in there, but I can't remember the last time I actually had a 5w shot.

Im in a similar situation and my vote would be 4 wood or 2 hybrid. Personally, im leaning more towards the 4 wood since i never hit my 3 wood off the deck and the 4 wood would be perfect for off the deck. Ive never hit a 2 hybrid but i have a feeling im not going to like it as much as a 4 wood.

Im in a similar situation and my vote would be 4 wood or 2 hybrid. Personally, im leaning more towards the 4 wood since i never hit my 3 wood off the deck and the 4 wood would be perfect for off the deck. Ive never hit a 2 hybrid but i have a feeling im not going to like it as much as a 4 wood.

I have hit some 2 hybrids, but have always had better success with lofted fairway woods. Some days the 2h is great, and others I hit it too low.

All set for wedges with the vokey M grind 54 and Smart sole S 58. I would love to try a heavenwood also, but haven't found one yet up here in NE WI. (the area that is apparently is not any OEM's map.) haha

I'm on Tapatalk so I can't see your signature. But do you go from pw to 54? that seems like the gap you could fix. if your wedge progression is set, then I think squeezing something between the 3w and 3h would be good, though not essential.

I'm in a similar situation. I'm trying to fill the gap between my 47* pw (140-145) and my 52 (120-125).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No luck finding a heavenwood to try. I suppose I could look at a 62* wedge. lol
Actually a 5w does fit right in there, but I can't remember the last time I actually had a 5w shot.
Dick's in Green Bay doesn't have one? Did you try golf galaxy in Appleton?

Back