What's the chances that Callaway will upgrade the Apex CF 16's for 2018?

Considering sales were up 200% in Q1 of this season vs. last. I think that was the reasoning.

That number still blows me away every time I read it. I think the CF16 have the potential to be one of those once every 5-10 year iron sets that will end up being a set people talk about for quite a while. Not quite Eye2/845 level, but one of those sets people look back fondly on.

That number still blows me away every time I read it. I think the CF16 have the potential to be one of those once every 5-10 year iron sets that will end up being a set people talk about for quite a while. Not quite Eye2/845 level, but one of those sets people look back fondly on.

The '14 Apex line couldn have been that if it weren't for the CF16s... :alien:

The '14 Apex line couldn have been that if it weren't for the CF16s... :alien:

If the next version is as much as an improvement as I thought the '16 was we will quickly be in a "please take my money" situation.

I think that both the Apex CF16s & the Srixon 565s are going to be in the "I wish I never traded them in" class 5-10 years from now (right next to the Eye2 & original Rocketballz 3W)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of Rac's.

I think you will see the next Apex line out sometime in 2018. Was hoping Team Prestige might get to see them in December, but not sure that is going to happen. Hope so.

no objection here if it works out :)

Bringing back the Apex in Black tells me for sure we won't see a new Apex model until 2018.

While I was looking forward to what the next iteration was going to be I do think Callaway needs to clean up their iron lineup as it is cluttered and a bit confusing on the GI/SGI end of the spectrum. Maybe this lets them figure out which lines are successful and whittle that down slightly.

I don't think that there is a lot of confusion in their iron line up.

Epic- Premium High End Line
Apex- Forged GI Line
XR (X-Series)- Cast GI Line in the "X" tradition
Big Bertha- SGI Line

That's just me, maybe the "OS" & "Steelhead" releases have caused some confusion, but they just seemed like line extensions to the 4 distinct lines above.

I would agree that their Driver line up is a little cleaner.

I don't think that there is a lot of confusion in their iron line up.

Epic- Premium High End Line
Apex- Forged GI Line
XR (X-Series)- Cast GI Line in the "X" tradition
Big Bertha- SGI Line

That's just me, maybe the "OS" & "Steelhead" releases have caused some confusion, but they just seemed like line extensions to the 4 distinct lines above.

I would agree that their Driver line up is a little cleaner.

They currently have the following models available for purchase on their website:

Epic Pro
Epic
Apex 16 Pro
Apex CF16
Steelhead XR Pro
Steelhead XR
BB OS
XR OS

So.... there are 8 different models. 3 of which are "pro". I love Callaway and follow very closely their releases and even I am confused as to which are GI/SGI and how they flow in the lineup.

There are different price points for sure, but even some of the Pro models would be considered GI. Are the BBOS SGI? Are the standard Steelhead XR SGI? The XROS sure seems to be the budget model but not really sure how much they promote that set.

If there is some literature or explanation on how to sort through the models for the average guy interested in buying callaway irons I would love to see it.

They currently have the following models available for purchase on their website:

Epic Pro
Epic
Apex 16 Pro
Apex CF16
Steelhead XR Pro
Steelhead XR
BB OS
XR OS

So.... there are 8 different models. 3 of which are "pro". I love Callaway and follow very closely their releases and even I am confused as to which are GI/SGI and how they flow in the lineup.

There are different price points for sure, but even some of the Pro models would be considered GI. Are the BBOS SGI? Are the standard Steelhead XR SGI? The XROS sure seems to be the budget model but not really sure how much they promote that set.

If there is some literature or explanation on how to sort through the models for the average guy interested in buying callaway irons I would love to see it.

I'm trying to find it online, but having some trouble doing so. We were sent a graphic in the spring for fitting purposes. A lot of it has to do with price points.

I'm trying to find it online, but having some trouble doing so. We were sent a graphic in the spring for fitting purposes. A lot of it has to do with price points.

That makes sense - to me it seems like there are three sets of irons at price points for different profiles (SGI-GI-"Players")

XR OS - SH XR - SH XR Pro (lower cost, mass market)
BBOS - Apex - Apex Pro ("Premium" model, but still large market appeal)
Epic - Epic Pro ("Ultra-Premium", smaller market)

That makes sense - to me it seems like there are three sets of irons at price points for different profiles (SGI-GI-"Players")

XR OS - SH XR - SH XR Pro (lower cost, mass market)
BBOS - Apex - Apex Pro ("Premium" model, but still large market appeal)
Epic - Epic Pro ("Ultra-Premium", smaller market)

Essentially, that's what the graphic entails.

I think that both the Apex CF16s & the Srixon 565s are going to be in the "I wish I never traded them in" class 5-10 years from now (right next to the Eye2 & original Rocketballz 3W)...

That's the dilemma I have . I have the apex cf16 irons which I have had for a few months. Last week I got the chance to get a set of epic pros for nearly half price, so I got them and love them .The dilemma I have is do is sell them or keep them. I am hitting the epics well and can't see me going back to the apex. The epics feel as good as the apex and distNce wise they are 5-10 Hardee's longer and lauch great for me.

The main reason I got the epics as sad as it is is to match the rest of my epic clubs.. Although I do like the look of the epic as I preference a less chunkier head

So do I keep the apex or sell?

That's the dilemma I have . I have the apex cf16 irons which I have had for a few months. Last week I got the chance to get a set of epic pros for nearly half price, so I got them and love them .The dilemma I have is do is sell them or keep them. I am hitting the epics well and can't see me going back to the apex. The epics feel as good as the apex and distNce wise they are 5-10 Hardee's longer and lauch great for me.

The main reason I got the epics as sad as it is is to match the rest of my epic clubs.. Although I do like the look of the epic as I preference a less chunkier head

So do I keep the apex or sell?

The Apex are a hell of a back up set, IMO...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back