THP tackles Bethpage Black

Man that looks awesome. Thanks for sharing with us. Nice shooting fellas! Looks like you all had fun.

It took me so long to find ddec in the pictures. I was not looking for the tall guy in the group. Looks like fun gents. Thanks for the pictures.

It took me so long to find ddec in the pictures. I was not looking for the tall guy in the group. Looks like fun gents. Thanks for the pictures.
Not often my husband is the tall guy in the group

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just got home and all showered up. Man what a freaking day. So glad that Pete, Brian, and Christian were able to join me at Bethpage Black. Will have some thoughts on the course and more pics tomorrow. I know I am about to go have nightmares about all that rough.

Figured I could sign up for tapatalk now...
395082280786d2a61726cb8b78be1dee.jpg

Thanks for the memories fellas.

Good stuff fellas....thanks for letting us follow along

Great job guys. Enjoyed the pics.

Big thanks to Dean for setting us up today. It's always a great time playing with Dean and Pete and was great meeting Brian today. We all hit some great shots and not so great shots but we definitely had a blast.

The course was in great shape. Pretty tough but pretty fair. One piece of advice stay out of the rough!!! It's no joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha nah. White tees.

Heck with that, I am playing the reds! TWO nearly 200 yard par threes is two too many!

Heck with that, I am playing the reds! TWO nearly 200 yard par threes is two too many!
The white tees play to 6684 yards with a rating/slope of 74.0/145.

The reds on the other hand play to..................6223 yards and 77.8/150.

Love this thread, and all the pics were awesome. But my favorite part of the whole thing was JB trying to get TC1 to embed pictures! I can't believe so many let that go! (Until very late!)

Someone show TheChosen1 how to embed pictures.

She was going to come out, but couldnt find you because she cant click links and needs you to embed your pictures.

You lost to Ddec and Bmik?
And can someone show TheChosen1 how to embed pictures?

Since it was skipped over previously (for obvious reasons) can someone please teach TheChosen1 how to embed a picture?

I'm guessing that rating is for the women, though, right?

I think the 461 less yards would help me immensely. Aren't the red tees rated for ladies play?

Love this thread, and all the pics were awesome. But my favorite part of the whole thing was JB trying to get TC1 to embed pictures! I can't believe so many let that go! (Until very late!)

we couldn't figure it out till the 15th hole after that it was too late. I'll be putting all my pictures up when my phone updates but it was entertaining

What a great day out there. I can walk 18 holes carrying my bag in my sleep...today, with the hills, the heat index, and the 4:00 am wake-up call, by the third hole I had bad thoughts in my head about not making it. Oddly enough, the other three who pushed their bags on carts seemed to hit the wall towards the end, while I seemed to catch a second wind (or maybe I was delirious from the heat stroke?). We talked a lot before the round, should be use a cart? or carry? I said all along I would carry. The gentleman in the pro shop said that it's a hotly debated topic in the clubhouse/on the course. He said that due to the hills, some people feel it's easier to carry. In the end, he said that if you're used to carrying, carry...if you're used to pushing, use the cart. When I play it again (and I will), I honestly have no idea what I'll do (clicgear, book it).

I shot 51-51 for a 102; although looking at my scorecard, I honestly can't remember any of the holes but 2 or 3. It felt much worse than that...like 2 out of every 3 shots were terrible. I hit some (ok, 2...maybe 3) good tee shots, but then couldn't do anything from there. Missing the fairway was penal with that rough, and missing the green (as I did ALL day) was even worse. The rough was thicker and deeper closer to the green and I simply never adjusted to it. And don't even get me started on my putting.

This is at least the second time I've played with both Bryan and Christian, and the 394th time I've gotten a round in with Dean, and it was a blast as always.

The good:
$80 greens fee
The breakfast burrito before the round
The company
My tee shot on 7 (bomb on a par 5)

The bad:
Not realizing my GPS watch was on hole 11; and playing a 5 iron into said 7th green and coming up......short
Heat and humidity
The coffee before the round

The ugly:
My sweat soaked (and stinky) hat, gloves, shirt, and greenside towel........YUCK.

Lets do it again in the fall!

Figured I could sign up for tapatalk now...
395082280786d2a61726cb8b78be1dee.jpg

Thanks for the memories fellas.
I hate to be "that guy" but the front adds up to 42. Not that I could ever do that well on the Black, I couldn't even do the walk.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that rating is for the women, though, right?
You must've missed my post earlier about winning the wet t-shirt contest...........

Looked amazing thanks for the pictures. Dean can play power forward in that group

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

He didn't square hole 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great time. I was outside for a little today and it was brutal. Walking that course is no easy task, especially in these temps. Hoping to get out on that course at some point this summer.

What a great read this evening! Glad you boys had fun and didn't pass out from the heat. Mould love to get out on that course some day. Looking forward to the additional pics when they are put up.

JM

Great rounds guys, always cool to play a course you see on TV.

IMG_0464_zps2p6f1lmg.jpg
IMG_0465_zpswkn2jypx.jpg
IMG_0466_zpsoysw8rlb.jpg
IMG_0467_zpsvxfo31jm.jpg

IMG_0468_zpseza8doaz.jpg
IMG_0469_zpsuf8lmuvl.jpg
IMG_0470_zpsyyf0gax4.jpg
IMG_0471_zps1rksnb0m.jpg
IMG_0472_zpsnxk9mhto.jpg
IMG_0474_zpspcpsuuun.jpg
IMG_0475_zpsizkkloyc.jpg
IMG_0476_zps1tynjfzr.jpg

Oops, so it's an 82, oh well. Here are some pictures I took. Recap tomorrow.

Back