joeimp

Reaction score
Handicap
I see some older threads on this, so I thought I'd resurrect the topic. In July a friend and I were on Oahu for a work-cation. I'd never played Turtle Bay before so we planned a day trip. If you're not familiar with Oahu, Turtle Bay is about an hour from Waikiki on the far northwest corner of the island. In an inspired moment, the light bulb came on and I said, "hey, why don't we play 36?"

We left the hotel at 6am, played Fazio in the morning, ate lunch then the Palmer course in the afternoon. It was a Wednesday, the course was wide open and we were done in eight hours! I played two great rounds (for me), was beat that evening and felt like a million bucks. As a bonus it was opening day for The Open and with the time difference we watched live links golf on prime time TV. It was totally one of those days to remember forever.

As a 37 year old with grown up responsibilities, I struggle to get out more than once a month. I felt like a kid again and next month I'm taking my boy to play Bayonet and Black Horse. Anyone else share the 36 hole love?

I see some older threads on this, so I thought I'd resurrect the topic. In July a friend and I were on Oahu for a work-cation. I'd never played Turtle Bay before so we planned a day trip. If you're not familiar with Oahu, Turtle Bay is about an hour from Waikiki on the far northwest corner of the island. In an inspired moment, the light bulb came on and I said, "hey, why don't we play 36?"

We left the hotel at 6am, played Fazio in the morning, ate lunch then the Palmer course in the afternoon. It was a Wednesday, the course was wide open and we were done in eight hours! I played two great rounds (for me), was beat that evening and felt like a million bucks. As a bonus it was opening day for The Open and with the time difference we watched live links golf on prime time TV. It was totally one of those days to remember forever.

As a 37 year old with grown up responsibilities, I struggle to get out more than once a month. I felt like a kid again and next month I'm taking my boy to play Bayonet and Black Horse. Anyone else share the 36 hole love?

Im a big fan, if im going to be gone out of town that available time is a premium for me so as much golf as possible is my preference.

I am a fan of playing 36 the day it happens. The next morning, not so much.

As much as I would like to, I occasionally suffer from disc issues in my neck and back so I'm hesitant to push my luck when I'm not hurting. I played 36 once with my brothers on a trip to Myrtle Beach and while I enjoyed it I got a nasty sweathings rash in my nether region and could barely walk after.

I love playing 36. Probably only better is playing 45 or 54.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah love it... Only do it once or twice a year but its fun. Last two summers have played 36 with a group of old highschool buddies - dubbed 'The Golf Day from Hell' Two years ago played 36 the day after 4" of rain south of Indianapolis at The Legends. It was cart path only and got into the mid-80's with all that humidity it was a rough day.

Last summer I hosted and it ended up being the hottest day of the summer. 94 degrees and of course its humid in Ohio - that was really rough. Battle of attrition for sure...

This coming Saturday we are playing a couple courses southwest of Dayton. The 80 degrees and partly sunny forecasted look absolutely heavenly...

I go on a golf trip every year with the same group of friends. We are usually gone Thursday through Sunday. The plan is usually 18 holes on Thursday on the way out of town, 36 holes on Friday, 36 holes on Saturday, then head home Sunday. The second round on Saturday has been sacrificed a few of the last few years due to fatigue and maybe seeing a football game or something. This year, we are playing Torrey Pines on Sunday so we decided to nix the second Saturday round to leave us a little more fresh for Torrey.

I go on a golf trip every year with the same group of friends. We are usually gone Thursday through Sunday. The plan is usually 18 holes on Thursday on the way out of town, 36 holes on Friday, 36 holes on Saturday, then head home Sunday. The second round on Saturday has been sacrificed a few of the last few years due to fatigue and maybe seeing a football game or something. This year, we are playing Torrey Pines on Sunday so we decided to nix the second Saturday round to leave us a little more fresh for Torrey.

I did this with a group about 10 years ago. I think it was 9 holes on the Thursday evening we arrived, 36, 36 and 18 on the way home. I was good until the final 18. My arms just would not extend - soooo tight. was hard to hit the ball at all.

Always do it on binge trips, I don't like going away to only play 18 a day, can do that at home.

Yes, me and the crew routinely do this at the home course when the morning 18 leaves us wanting more (or a couple of drinks with lunch causes a "Hey, I've got a great idea" moment").

Of course you're talking about a group of degenerates who also sneak out at dusk/dark with one club and a putter to play the 1st or 18th hole. :act-up:

Playing 36 holes/day is a real nice experience. Unfortunately I won't be playing 36 holes a day anymore. I need a day to recup after playing only 18.

I enjoy 36 a day when I'm on any sort of golf trip or golf vacation. In my day to day life I find 36 holes just takes too long and it's not nice for the family.

My wife and kids were away this past weekend and I played 36 on Saturday and it was a blast. Played as a single and the guys I was playing with invited me to play the next 18 with them. Walked the first 18 and rode the 2nd 18. I am going to try walking the 36 next time I get the chance.

Pretty big fan of it, before the dog days of summer roll into N. Texas.

I'm not a youngster but I still like to do 36, especially in a vacation/outing/gathering situation.

Love 36 out of town. Actually planning on doing 36 or 54 on the 27th of this month in Palm Springs. Make for long days but great memories after. And I agree with smalls, the day after is rough.

At this stage in my life 18 is about as far as I'm willing to go. Don't like the after affects. Glad you had an awesome day though.

I do like playing 36 if the weather isn't too hot.

I to go on an annual guys golf trip. Our schedule is almost always this....

Wednesday - 18 holes (arrival day)
Thursday - 36 holes
Friday - 36 holes
Saturday - 36 holes
Sunday - 18 holes then hit the airport for trip home.

I do like playing 36 if the weather isn't too hot.

I to go on an annual guys golf trip. Our schedule is almost always this....

Wednesday - 18 holes (arrival day)
Thursday - 36 holes
Friday - 36 holes
Saturday - 36 holes
Sunday - 18 holes then hit the airport for trip home.

Dang, you got me beat. That is a LOT OF GOLF! :)

The more golf the better 36 is great i want to play 54 or 72 that would be amazing

Love playing 36 wish I could do it more often

I normally play 27 at least once per week during the golf season and 36 or 45 per day is common whenever on a guys golf weekend. Last fall we went to the Ryder Cup on Friday morning(4-0 U.S.), played 18 that afternoon, 45 on Saturday, 54 Sunday, 18 Monday and then went to the NFL Monday Night Vikings Giants game. That is my idea of what a guys golf weekend should look like!!

Playing 36

Usually play 36 once per weekend and walk both rounds. Guys weekends & golf trips are 36 per day, or more, except for arrival and departure days. I'm a big fan of 36. Also like playing each round from a different tee box.

I play a minimum 27 on the weekends every weekend but usually it's 36 and all walking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Used to play 36 a lot when I had a season pass and would have 6 hours to kill. I love when we do 36 for our local thp get togethers. I am also a sucker for 36 at a decent course with a significant discount on a replay rate.

Back