The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Not that there's many left, but Tiger needs to play every event left in the year no matter how small, and 90% of the events next year. He's never going to get back to form playing once every 6 weeks.

I don't know if he needs to play that many events but totally agree he needs to get his butt playing more often. Part of his process has to include playing tournaments to get more reps in for preparation on playing the majors.

Tiger just shut up and play.

I think the scores are way to low. Ruining the integrity of the game. But nice to have an opinion , really care less if anyone agrees to disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do low scores and the integrity of the game have to do with each other? I mean unless they are achieving low scores by cheating, the integrity of the game has no correlation to the low scores.

Who ever posted about the web.com.. I think tiger would have trouble on that tour as well. They play hard courses some tougher than the main circuit. Really liked watching some web.com events this year. Those guys are almost if just just not as good as the big boys

I highly doubt that!

I read a quote attributed to Azinger concerning Tiger - he's had many during the first two rounds. He said at one point in Tiger's successful years on tour that "Everyone wanted to swing like Tiger except Tiger." I imagine at this point Tiger would like to have that old swing back.

I highly doubt that!

0I don't think they are "harder" either. But you can bet they are not as well-groomed. Perfect fairways, perfect greens, perfect tee boxes. That's the PGA Tour. The lesser tours don't get the perfect course conditions, so perhaps that would make them harder, or less easy to play.

........to the lowest of lows. Now one of the worst pros on tour.

Tiger is extinct, I'm afraid to say.

He is a lifetime member. You have to win 20 PGA tour events to become one.
Of competitive players that's Tiger and Phil. Ernie Els is on 19.

Any thoughts on Azingers comments at The Open on tiger? I thought he nailed it, "Its hard to watch the greatest player of this generation be a middle of the pack hack"
Truer words were never spoken. He it right on the head with that comment

School of Golf on gc was talking about long bunker shots and showed Tiger in 2000 when he hit a 217yd 6i from the bunker, water guarding the green and a tucked pin on the front corner. He hit it to 10ft or so lol. Wish we could still see that magic, thats exciting stuff.

School of Golf on gc was talking about long bunker shots and showed Tiger in 2000 when he hit a 217yd 6i from the bunker, water guarding the green and a tucked pin on the front corner. He hit it to 10ft or so lol. Wish we could still see that magic, thats exciting stuff.

was that the shot from the canadian open?

And Tiger said that wasn't one of his best shots in 2000, because it didn't end up on the green. What a year that was.

was that the shot from the canadian open?
Yes sir

And Tiger said that wasn't one of his best shots in 2000, because it didn't end up on the green. What a year that was.

I was young in 2000 and loved watching but didn't quite understand golf like i do now and how good he actually was. Just incredible to see those highlights again

Tiger needs a win this week to get into the WGC.
Said he would not play the opposite event in Reno if he does not win.

Im a bit surprised by that actually. He said he needed more reps. Then he took a week off from picking up a club after the Open. Then he is playing this week and is obviously ready to play next during the week of the WGC. If you dont qualify, why not play the opposite field event? Makes no sense.

Im a bit surprised by that actually. He said he needed more reps. Then he took a week off from picking up a club after the Open. Then he is playing this week and is obviously ready to play next during the week of the WGC. If you dont qualify, why not play the opposite field event? Makes no sense.

a win bumps him up to get in to the WGC? I did not know that. If he is prepared to play next week, he should play at Reno.

a win bumps him up to get in to the WGC? I did not know that. If he is prepared to play next week, he should play at Reno.

That is what he just said at presser.
Im really surprised. Not sure if he thinks he is above that event, but if you are ready to play, here is a chance to not only do so, but elevate a tourney at the same time.

I would say it is a pride thing plain and simple. I think he is only hurting himself if he doesn't play but I think that's why

That is what he just said at presser.
Im really surprised. Not sure if he thinks he is above that event, but if you are ready to play, here is a chance to not only do so, but elevate a tourney at the same time.

I'm surprised, but not really. He still is that guy who is clearly set in his ways(schedule wise). But saying that you could play next week if it's the WGC and not play if it's the off event, that's just crazy to me. Get out there and play. I mean lets face it, at this rate, he has at the very most 3 tournaments left for the year and that's if he plays the Wyndham.

The same reason dudes won't move up to a forward tee.

I'm surprised, but not really. He still is that guy who is clearly set in his ways(schedule wise). But saying that you could play next week if it's the WGC and not play if it's the off event, that's just crazy to me. Get out there and play. I mean lets face it, at this rate, he has at the very most 3 tournaments left for the year and that's if he plays the Wyndham.

Nailed it.

Reno has an abundance of sub standard woman. I would think he would jump at the chance to be around the buffet.

Playing at altitude could be a reason.

Reno has an abundance of sub standard woman. I would think he would jump at the chance to be around the buffet.

Damn, Freddie! LOL!

I'm not sure I would have seen the day. But just looking and seeing that David Duval is ranked higher in the FedEx Cup standings than Tiger Woods.

That is a shocking statement, makes sense when you look at recent performances, but shocking nonetheless.

Only way I would have thought that day would have come is if Tiger retired before David, and even that seemed unlikely.

That is a shocking statement, makes sense when you look at recent performances, but shocking nonetheless.

Only way I would have thought that day would have come is if Tiger retired before David, and even that seemed unlikely.

lol I deleted. Was looking at 2 different lists. They are about 30 apart, but TW is higher. Got the FedEx cup ranking for Duval confused with the World Ranking of TW. But the fact that they are right next to each other in the FedEx cup standings is pretty sad.

Back