How Many Different Clubs Used In Last Round

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm always curious as to how many different clubs I use during a round, especially when it's a course I've never played. One of my pet peeves is having to use the same club on more than one par 3. But, I also like par 5's that are designed for a different club or shot type on the 3rd shot. For Par 4's, it's common to use a club more than once for approach shots. But, with driver inconsistency among amateurs. It's not uncommon to have similar yardages for approach shots on the par 4's.

I played with 3 friends yesterday on a course I've played a lot. But, this time we moved up a tee. I might play this teebox once every couple of years. So, there was some adjustment on what I should do off the tee. And, I was trying out a new shaft in my driver. And, after 3 holes that shaft got a NoGo and I used a newly purchased used 1H the rest of the round off the tee.

Anyway, I digress...haha.

I had 15 in the bag since I was trying out the 1H and ended up using 13 different clubs in this round. I didn't use my 4W or 2h.
I did use 6i on 2 par 3's. UGH!

12/14 clubs today, didn't use my 3 hybrid or my 3ish wood that I use as a 5w yardage wise.

Sunday I used all but the 5 hybrid and 6 iron. 12 of 14.

9 holes today and did not use 4 clubs. 4 wood (should have), 5,8,9.

I used all 14 on Sunday. Usually there are one or two I do not get to use.

i think 13/14 last week. i don't think i hit 8i.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last round I used all 14. My normal golf club I think I usually use 11 or 12.

13 of 14.

Everything but the 4iron.

12/14, but there may be a fly in your soup. Different courses require different clubs. Most of us will use fewer clubs on an executive course than a 7,200 yard monster, and a 70s shooter may have a very different club selection than a 70s shooter. So at least for me, I'm not sure what to conclude from the answers.

I still remember all the shots from the three rounds I played last week pretty clearly. I used all 14 clubs in each round and they were played at three different courses so I'm going to assume 14/14 is my norm.
I'm firmly with the OP preferring all the par threes require different clubs. Last week the par 3s were 2/3Hy, PW, 4i, 7i, 7i at one course (OK-ish). 6i, 7i, SW, 3/4Hy at the second (loved that mix). 6i, 6i, 5i, 6i, 9i at the third course (way too redundant).

I don't have any woods in my bag, nor a 5i or 6i. The last round I played, I used every club in my bag.

13 out of 14 last Sunday. Only club I didn't use was the 4 iron.

I think 11 of 14, number is usually 9 of 14 or so

12 last round, usually about the norm for me

12 last round, left one of the hybo's in the bag and didn't pull the chipper.

Last round I used 13/14

13/13 last Saturday, I'm probably closer to 11/13 in a typical round. Could have used a specialized sand club though, I stunk out of the compacted sand I ended up in 3 times. (Hello Cleveland Shootout!)

Played the same course Sat./Sun. Used 13 one day & 14 the next. The course does not have long par 3's and I didn't use the 7W on Saturday. Sunday after an average drive and weak 2nd shot I used the 7W on an uphill approach to a par 5. Pin high, just off the right side of the green.

Lets see, during today's round I used the following clubs my driver, 3FW, 4H, 7W, 5, 7, 8, 9 irons, PW, 56W, 60W and putter. Clubs I didn't use today are 6 iron and chipper.

Short course
Driver, 5W, 5i, 9i, pw, aw, 54, 58, putter

If I recall correctly, I used 13.

12 of 13. Used a iron (5-9) a total of eight times in eighteen holes. Never pulled the 6.

Today I used 13 of 14 clubs in my bag. The only club I did not his was my 5 wood

Today was driver, hybrid, 5i, 6i, 9i, pw, aw, 56º, 60º and putter so 10 clubs.

Back