The Movie Review Thread

Took the wife to see Trainwreck last night. It was pretty hilarious for a romantic comedy, definitely more inappropriate than most of the genre. Lebron was hilarious in the movie. JB should see it just to see him talk about Cleveland.

My wife saw it last night and absolutely loved it....and she has a hard time having enough patience to sit down and watch a movie.
Dawn and I saw Trainwreck tonight..both of us loved it as well. I thought it was hilarious and LeBron was pretty good.

Dawn and I saw Trainwreck tonight..both of us loved it as well. I thought it was hilarious and LeBron was pretty good.

But you used to visit me in Miami all the time, Cleveland is the same as Miami.

But you used to visit me in Miami all the time, Cleveland is the same as Miami.
You know Superman is from Cleveland.

Took the kids to the drive-in to see the Minions Movie...ehhhhhhh

Inside Out - very creative and a lot of small detail in the animation to check out. Some laugh out loud funny moments, too. In my top 3 Pixar films all time with Up and Finding Nemo. Might not the the best, but my wife loved it.

Inside Out - very creative and a lot of small detail in the animation to check out. Some laugh out loud funny moments, too. In my top 3 Pixar films all time with Up and Finding Nemo. Might not the the best, but my wife loved it.

Agreed. Its super solid. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

I'm sure even more so for you with a little girl. Might not have hit me as hard with a boy, but the opening scene had my wife sobbing in 30 seconds - a new Pixar record for her! Haha

Has anyone seen Ant Man? What's the verdict?

We saw it last night and we both thought it was entertaining. There was a decent amount of time spent on back story to explain how/why there is such a thing as Antman, which my wife thought was a little slow. I thought it was fine, plus it was obvious to me it's an investment in the series - and it's clear from the movie there will be more.

Saw trainwreck over the weekend, laughed out loud several times. If you like Shumer's standup or her show, you will probably like it quite a bit. If you don't, skip this one. Like a lot of Apatow's movies, I think it would have been better if they would have chopped 10-15 minutes out. One scene in particular was pretty pointless and didn't add anything to the story, and they could have trimmed a few others to keep it a little tighter.

Hoping to catch Ant Man later this week, it sounds solid as most of the Marvel movies have been.

That good, huh? It was the 2nd movie of the double-feature at the drive-in. I regret not sticking around for it now.

The Movie Review Thread

We saw Trainwreck tonight. I thought it was horrible. It was especially disappointing since I really like her comedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Watched "We're the Millers", was actually really funny.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

A little late since they have been out for a while but I took my 2 girls who are 9 & 7 to see Inside/Out and The Minions over the past couple weeks. I really liked Inside/Out, I thought Louis Black was PERFECT for Anger. As for the Minions, I LOVED the Despicable Me movies and was hoping for a great movie. It was "OK" with a few funny moments. I grade it a C+.

The trailers for I believe it's called "The Secret Lives of Pets" looked a RIOT!!!!

Saw that last week and enjoyed it. Typical Marvel film which had links to the Avengers and is definitely set up for further films
One thing that we were advised when we were getting the tickets was to make sure you stay until the very end of the credits as there are 2 'extras' to see like other Marvel films - the first is during the credits but a lot of people left after that clip and missed the second one after the credits

Saw Pixels on Monday night as Jen won 2 tickets to a preview screening (it isn't out here in the UK for a couple weeks I think) and it was enjoyable, not the best film I have seen but that might be because I am not a fan of Adam Sandler. With the CGI for the video game characters I think it lends itself well to 3D and there were a few laughs along the way

Next few films we hope to get round to seeing are Mission Impossible, Fantastic Four and The Man From UNCLE, although where we are going to find the time to fit them in over the next few weeks is a mystery

I enjoyed Trainwreck, but I also like comedies like that. Good movie? Probably not, but it was funny and entertaining.

Trainwreck, thought it was ok..... hoped it would be funnier.

Trainwreck, thought it was ok..... hoped it would be funnier.
I will not make an inappropriate joke. I will not make an inappropriate joke...

34s3uhi.jpg

Drinking Buddies - wife thought it was too slow, it was ok. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Drive - a bit more violent than I remembered. Especially the elevator death scene.

Went to Fantastic Four on Saturday. Extremely average. None of the characters had much personality. I did like Ben (The Thing aka Rock Guy). Seemed like 2 hrs of plot build up for the next F4 movie.

Back