What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 39/37 for a new personal best. Could have actually been better but I managed to three putt 5 times. Pretty unhappy about that part, but I was pleased with hitting 9 of 13 fairways. Plus I was on in regulation on all five of the Par 3s.

7 bogeys and 3 birdies.

45/40 85
far 6
gir 6
putts 34 1-3 putt

the guy I was with got a hole in one.

46 on the front and quit keeping score on the back. Super tight course.

A new personal best... 42/38

It was on a course that was only 5600 yards, but the driver was still problematic, so it offered no advantage. The short game was just awesome today. 27 putts and I pitched one in for birdie from 90 yards.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Awesome, congrats on the PB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday afternoon:
90 at Heron Glen. Five pars (all the par 5s) and 37 putts. I hit more fairways on other holes than the one that I was playing.

Saturday:
97 at Shackamaxon. Five pars and 32 putts. Lost five balls on the first three holes (two drives on #1 onto the driving range; two hybrid tee shots on #3 onto the road and a 5i approach into the bushes/ivy by the fence).

What's going to happen tomorrow??

Sunday:
82 at Shack. I put my approach on #3 OB across the road and made triple. Felt my heart start to race on #4 and tripled that as well. Managed to get up and down on #5 and #6. Bogeyed #7, but kept my drive in the fairway instead of going way right and OB. Played the last 11 in +4. 29 total putts, including a few 15 footers.

Another day where I struggled with the putter for most of the day, in fact probably my worst day rolling the rock. No distance control led to 40 putts, 6 3 putts! As frustrated as I was with that number, I am super pleased that I shot an 89 despite that terrible day putting and finished with 4 consecutive pars.

The swing changes are becoming ingrained where I am not having to focus on multiple things.

Shot another 85 today. Scrambled my but off though and only had one double the rest pars an bogies. Not a bad day.

45 on the first and a 39 during the second nine. Hole #5 is a 150ish par 3 with a creek on the right, the first nine I put it 6" away and the second time I stuck it 8" away. Best two shots and it was back to back.

Played Par for Saturday comp, had +1 after going -3 on the back. Plus or halves all the way home. I think adjusted gross was 91 from memory but the +1 was good enough for a ball down the line ;) Happy with it after the first 9.

41/43 with 2 penalty shots off the tee. It was uncomfortably hot but the first chance I've had to play in a week.

45/41-86. Couple of topped shots cost me today. Started using an open stance for putting allowing the putter to go on a straight line to the hold. Working pretty good right now.

Walked 18 today
Shot 94
49/45
8/14 fairways (thanks to leaving driver on tight holes)
6/18 greens
35 putts (HAS to be better)

Warm day and ran out of water on #12 got pretty tired

Glynns Creek - Long Grove, IA (Only $40 on a Sunday)
Blue Tees 6700 Yds 71.8/119

Decided to take a little road trip away from Peoria. It was my first full round since the 4th. We were originally going to play Spirit Hollow but with the $80 green fees and the possibility of heavy rain we decided to head further North. I have never played this course. It was beautifully manicured with almost perfect and quick greens! Generous fairways and short par 5s. We could have played the very tips (7000 yds) and it probably would not have made much of a difference as every one of them was simply 15-20 yards behind the blues with no real forced carries.

I did not get up and down 1 time when I missed a green.

1 Birdie
(that makes 5 rounds in a row now).

42/39 81

Below: #4 Tee. Kind of tight off of the tee but it opens up a bit down the fairway..

VLnb3q6.png

Last edited:
42/38 for 80. The 38 came first, started on 10. Scrambled like a maniac today. GIR's down for two rounds in a row, just off a tiny bit but getting closer to hitting the irons better. Could have been a great round if I had avoided the blow up holes.

12 fwy, 5 GIR, 29 putts (two 3-putts), no penalties
1 birdie, 11 pars, 3 bogies, 3 doubles

39 - 40 - 79. I think I have lost 5 yards a month off my drives since I have turned 50! Hit a few drives that I thought I absolutely pounded and get to the ball and it is a good 10 - 20 yards behind where I was hitting well struck balls a few months ago. Have not been striking any clubs really well over the past week and a half after playing my best golf of the year. Hope it is just a short slump.

Shot a frustrating 43/40-83 today. The story was about blow up holes. I had 5 of them, all double bogies. 4 of those had penalties attached. The blame goes to my iron game. It was bad. Cant go low when you take 11/14 FIR and turn that into 6 GIR. Missed some left and some right. Just had no clue where it was going. Short game bailed me out a bunch. Had quite a few tight chips so that was really good. Bottom line is that I was +10 on five holes and +1 on the other thirteen. So close to good golf but cant get it in my grasp. smh

A much more respectable 81 today.

JM

I was glad to be playing for a second day after a seven week layoff. Problem with the layoff is I lost the fine touches, short game and putting. A lot of three putts today, missed a four foot eagle putt and at least three two footers. Throw in a quad on a par 3 and yet I was still happy to be on the course again. 85 (43, 42)

39 - 40 - 79. I think I have lost 5 yards a month off my drives since I have turned 50! Hit a few drives that I thought I absolutely pounded and get to the ball and it is a good 10 - 20 yards behind where I was hitting well struck balls a few months ago. Have not been striking any clubs really well over the past week and a half after playing my best golf of the year. Hope it is just a short slump.

It gets worse after 60 :beat-up:

I was glad to be playing for a second day after a seven week layoff. Problem with the layoff is I lost the fine touches, short game and putting. A lot of three putts today, missed a four foot eagle putt and at least three two footers. Throw in a quad on a par 3 and yet I was still happy to be on the course again. 85 (43, 42)

Unless you're this dude ^^^^^^^^^^:D

I played yesterday and shot 84, 11 over. Seemed maybe worse than it was made 2 straight doubles.

98 today. Woof. (Sorry people in the break 100 thread) Boulder creek won and all my good iron play was apparently on vacation. Worst part is that I was driving the ball pretty well...that's how bad my approach/short game was. Ouch. Lovely to go from a pretty solid 41 the other day to that, but that's golf. On to the next one

41/41. Had an unbelievable short game. Nearly chipped in several times including from a bunker, probably my best bunker shot ever. I also had the luckiest three holes in a row ever. First one was a long par 3 surrounded by water. I manage to hit the down slope by the water and the ball lands softly somehow and is just sitting perfectly a few inches from the water. The next hole I pull my second shot in to a creek that had a waterfall, somehow hit a rock and it kicks back into play. Third hole my friend asks me what I was going to do this time. A short par 3, I thin it way over the green it hits a tree about 30 feet past the back of the green, and lands on the green. My dad was laughing, my friend dropped his club and muttered something as he was walking away.

89 with cbaker2882 today at Boulder. Worst one of the summer. It was all a mess today lol! On to league on Wednesday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Shot a 47/46, 93 today. Tee game was decent for a change, made a little change in setup, hit 70% of fairways. Unfortunately my short game let me down. Putting was 1.9 per hole, 35 total putts. Good news it it will knock a 95 off my handicap count, so I should drop a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back