Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

If anyone is interested, the New York State Open will be held on July 14-16 at the Bethpage Black. Admission is free.

If anyone is up for a round at Bethpage this Sunday, let me know. Might have a new putter I want to roll, might not, depends on how "splurgy" I get at the PGASS.

Off to play Middle Bay this morning with some work people. Will let you know how it is. At 83 with a cart, I have above average expectations.

Sent from iPhone+Tapatalk

Played Bethpage yellow yesterday, was pretty rough. I completely forgot how to hit a driver.

The Golf Club at Middle Bay is one to add to the list. Course was overall in good shape, tight holes, enough water to make it interesting. Being right on Parsonage Cove/Middle Bay brings wind in as a factor, and cools things down a bit to make it enjoyable. Golf carts have GPS, but they did take away my cooler because of the beer.

The course was ravaged by Sandy and reopened a couple of years ago. Minimal facilities, but a nice track overall.

Is there anyone North Jersey people in this thread that want to tee it up sometime? I live in Morris County but will drive all over North and Central Jersey and NY/LI for the right course (Bethpage Black).

The Golf Club at Middle Bay is one to add to the list. Course was overall in good shape, tight holes, enough water to make it interesting. Being right on Parsonage Cove/Middle Bay brings wind in as a factor, and cools things down a bit to make it enjoyable. Golf carts have GPS, but they did take away my cooler because of the beer.

The course was ravaged by Sandy and reopened a couple of years ago. Minimal facilities, but a nice track overall.

If I'm not mistaken, that course was originally private and reopened as South Bay a few years ago. I played it that season it reopened and while the clubhouse was still under construction, I really liked the layout especially the holes on the water.

Is there anyone North Jersey people in this thread that want to tee it up sometime? I live in Morris County but will drive all over North and Central Jersey and NY/LI for the right course (Bethpage Black).
I live in hoboken myself.

I've been trying to play at my club more often this year, but I don't mind a drive either.

Played Bethpage red yesterday. Shot 51/40...on the front9 it took me 6 shots to get out of a bunker on a par3. Walked away with a 9....bah!

I'd really like to get out to Bethpage in the coming weeks. Would prefer the Black but I'll play any of the courses. Next time someone wants to play Bethpage let me know.

I've been trying to play at my club more often this year, but I don't mind a drive either.

I will drive to Union County (assuming thats where you live because you are a member at Shackamaxon). I still need to cross Galloping Hill off my list as I am trying to play the top 40 public courses in NJ.

I will drive to Union County (assuming thats where you live because you are a member at Shackamaxon). I still need to cross Galloping Hill off my list as I am trying to play the top 40 public courses in NJ.
Galloping Hill sounds good to me. I'm away this weekend, but we can try for after that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Galloping Hill sounds good to me. I'm away this weekend, but we can try for after that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds good.

Just got approved for a vacation for the first week in September and I am thinking about playing all five Bethpage courses and if money and time allows, give Eisenhower a try. If anyone wants to join in anytime between Aug 31-Labor Day, let me know.
Going to have a little contest as well for some goodies during my Tour de Bethpage.

I may be more south jersey but never pass up a chance to get out somewhere...looking to get out next Wednesday...definitely wanna get out to the black at some point

Yeah I know land is a premium but I am surprised they didn't shoot for 18.
I haven't played there yet but I hear it's a tough track.

Playing neshanic Golf course this Saturday. 1120 tee time. Anyone ever play there?

Playing neshanic Golf course this Saturday. 1120 tee time. Anyone ever play there?

A bunch of us played all 27 back in April. The course was in good shape but not as hard as I thought it would be. The greens really depend on the mowing/rolling schedule. They were hard as a rock (couldn't hold) but slow as hell because they hadn't been touched that morning. The day before fireitup went to scout the place and siad the greens were just rolled and were fast.

I had my worst round of the season. I played Red at Bethpage. It was super slow today. I shot a 96. I was not happy.

I had my worst round of the season. I played Red at Bethpage. It was super slow today. I shot a 96. I was not happy.

These rounds suck. i had a 90 last night on a par 65 course I shot a 75 on last month. I have also realized that although I enjoy playing with my wife, I play like crap with her.

Just got approved for a vacation for the first week in September and I am thinking about playing all five Bethpage courses and if money and time allows, give Eisenhower a try. If anyone wants to join in anytime between Aug 31-Labor Day, let me know.
Going to have a little contest as well for some goodies during my Tour de Bethpage.

i am around the week you want to play. We could pick a day and play. I usually play Bethpage between 10:45-11:15. I would love to play black, blue or red.

Back