Up here in Maine...

Drone

Reaction score
Handicap
Really Bad
So I hadn't played golf since high school (I'm 35 now...) for 18 holes I was an 18+ handicap back in the day.

Went to the range with a friend. And I'M addicted again.

I'm 6'2" 37.5 wrist to floor....

picked up some 1" over, std flex Adams clubs on ebay I'm waiting for. Just taking my 5 yr old to the putting green and driving range meanwhile.

Plan is to pick up a few lessons and regrip/cut the shafts down if needed. Was hitting about 165 yd carry with a 7 iron (ping g10, +1/2" green) at the range so thinking distance won't be my issue :D Just want to get a nice consistent swing with my irons and learn /relearn to hit a driver. If I stick with it I would like to eventually get down to a single digit handicap.
If anyone has any favorite pros, shops, courses, suggestions up this way let me know. Thanks!

Welcome back to the game and to THP.

Welcome to THP, plenty of great New England guys on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Went to a music camp in Lubec. Beautiful place.

Welcome to THP.

Thanks for the warm welcomes... I'm originally from California so not much (ie none) experience with the courses up here but the people are super friendly and will talk your ears off!

Welcome to THP and back to this wonderful game

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and enjoy the addiction. The golf in I've played in Maine, St Croix in Calais and Herring Cove (actually that's Canadian Golf on Campobello Island across bridge from Lubec), has always been 'interesting' but I think it's mostly been timing. Some insatiable black flies and skeeters whenever we're visiting relatives up there.

Welcome to THP and enjoy the addiction. The golf in I've played in Maine, St Croix in Calais and Herring Cove (actually that's Canadian Golf on Campobello Island across bridge from Lubec), has always been 'interesting' but I think it's mostly been timing. Some insatiable black flies and skeeters whenever we're visiting relatives up there.
Black flies can be an issue but usually around this part is more mosquitos and I have to remember to use repellent or I get eaten. I'm in Lyman, by Biddeford and Sanford... we actually have a ton of courses around here for such a short season...

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you at a New England get-together.

Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you!

The Links at Outlook is one of my favorites in South Berwick. Another is the Ledges in York.

welcome to thp

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! Tough addiction to break. :)

The Links at Outlook is one of my favorites in South Berwick. Another is the Ledges in York.

Yes to both of these and add the Dunes in Old Orchard (36 holes). Also, Nonesuch River in Scarborough is a nice little track and was affordable back when I lived up there.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Yes to both of these and add the Dunes in Old Orchard (36 holes). Also, Nonesuch River in Scarborough is a nice little track and was affordable back when I lived up there.

Totally agree with those as well!

Welcome to THP

Back