Greetings from Raleigh, NC

Doss2k

Reaction score
Handicap
Greetings everyone from Raleigh, NC!

I stumbled across this place looking for a good place to talk about golf and it seemed there were a lot of nice people here so thought I would join up in the discussion.

I am new to the game just starting to get my feet wet so I have a lot to learn. I played a few times with my dad and uncle 6 or 7 years ago but I was basically just tagging along and had no idea what I was doing.

Last month my wife and I took a week long trip to Scotland and St. Andrews was my favorite stop along the trip. Took the tour of the Old Course and looking at all the history it got me thinking I should look into trying to play seriously. Fast forward a month and I have broken out my dads old hand me down clubs and hit the range several times and went ahead out to the course closest to my house (Wendell CC). Played the front 9 one afternoon and shot a 70 (including a few mulligans for balls sent straight into the woods). Decided that was pretty bad so went to the range the next day and tried to work on the things I was having most problems with along with some YouTube video help. Went the following day and shot a 60 on the back 9 which still isnt great but could see improvement. It is definitely a very humbling game but it has given me that bug where I just want to get back out and get better each time.

My goal is to get to the point I feel confident enough in my game to venture out to some of the nicer courses without feeling like I am going to be holding other people up too much as I chip the ball back and forth over the green and such haha.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with everyone and feeling the joys and pains of others as we try to solve this crazy game called golf.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to The THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I am down in Raleigh quite a bit nowadays. Next time I'm in town let's get a round in.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.