luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
During your last round of golf, if you had to pick one club, which club in your bag would you say was clicking for you more than any other club that you used during the that round?

For me that would be my 9 iron

Maaan...prior to my last round would have said Heavenwood. Now maybe it's the shortened GBB.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Driver for me.

None? Is that an answer?

No I'd say my driver, I suppose.

My answer never varies: the 5 wood or the pigeon wedge. Okay...it varies a little; but it is always one of those two.

During your last round of golf, if you had to pick one club, which club in your bag would you say was clicking for you more than any other club that you used during the that round?

For me that would be my 9 iron

Chipper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 wood and 58 degree wedge. Almost always going to be one or both of those.

Two weekends ago I had an other-worldly experience with my 8 iron over 3 rounds in 3 days. I couldn't wait to get a number on my range finder from 144-150 or so... shot after shot right on the stick. 146 is the exact number. I hit one into a par 5 that landed 6" left of the cup and stopped within a foot. Really all my irons were decent and finished the weekend with a season's best 81.

Last weekend nothing particularly stands out - certainly wasn't the same with the 8 iron. Hit 2 balls in a creek on a par 3, then thinned another one that buried in the bank of a pond.

If I had to say, I guess the A wedge. Birdied #3 two days in a row one nearly flew into the cup and stopped within 4-5'. The next day hit it about 5 short and it stopped within a foot. Nothing else with that club really stood out though...

Putter. It FINALLY came back to me last round and I was putting really well.

58 deg. wedge, made some nice shots from out to about 60-70 yards and around the green it was as reliable as always.

Gap wedge. It's usually either that or my 5W. The driver occasionally sneaks in there.

58° wedge was my friend last round. I miss a lot of greens "by that much," and rely on it quite a bit. I had a 60° in my old set that was the same way, and the new lob has seamlessly taken it's place. It was doing everything I asked of it.

Honorable mention goes to the new driver, too. Not a single missed fairway with it, and one particularly narrow fairway went perfectly down the middle.

I broke out an old Taylor Made Burner driver (HD loft) and it felt like "an old friend." I was hitting fairways and getting nice distance. It will stay in the bag for a while. I reshafted it a couple of years ago with a Project X A-flex shaft, and the combo just feels right.

Probably either driver, which I've been swinging really well, or 5I which I'm having some great success with lately.

My driver was probably my best club.

toss up between driver, 58*, gap wedge. all three were being pretty obedient for me.

Although, I only used it once last round, but my 3H got me out of a really troublesome spot, through some thick trees faded back toward the green and rolled up to the fringe.

For the last couple of months, it's the 5h for me. Aside from an occasional overdraw/pull, it's been money, 200-205 all day long. Don't even think about anything more off the tee unless it's wide open.

My 5h was golden.

It would have to be a 52 for me.

My PW was on the money. While looking for a gap wedge I've been using PW from 90-120yds. It's was money. Took the advice from tiger that he controls distance by trajectory. Couple of practice at range and it Worked like a charm. I might just skip gap wedge. Putter benefits from pw also.

My 4+ wood was my goto on the weekend. Was so reliable. Nothing else was great though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back