Morgan Cup: Pre-Event Videos

From the TaylorMade xFT wedges thread:

Really looking forward to gaming these in the morning. Tee times 8:50 - gonna try and get there around 8 so i can warm em up. I am super curious how the conforming grooves play for me.
Here is my unboxing video:

I am going to do a better writeup, post round notes too.

with my 60*cg15 - im hitting it about 85 yards full swing, the 58* cg16 im barely getting it to 80. So i am curious how far im going to hit this. I think the conforming grooves cut down on my spin, i dont swing too hard, so im guessing itll be around 75 yards. maybe after the Morgan Cup ill do a few tests with the ZTP face and Z face and see what kind of yardage variances i get, but for now - its only the ZTP face until august.

From the MC thread:

Well I destroyed today at Mini Golf in the Chewbaka Challenge, Kingsley and Mrs Coolbreeze didn't stand a chance! We did however take a video or two of the Championship bout!

[YOUTUBE]tbMTX5iGlzM[/YOUTUBE]

And Mrs Coolbreeze makes her THP debut,

[YOUTUBE]uNlN0bzZ8vM[/YOUTUBE]

The decision...

More from the MC thread:

ryanhawk308
[/URL][/IMG]

A little wedge lesson courtesy of Team Paradise:

ryanhawk308
[/URL][/IMG]

And more . . .
Just got home from my round today with OEM. We played the blue tees at Queenstown Harbor's River Course.

71.8/132

This is the first time I have ever played this course and was very impressed. I think I managed to find most of the bunkers, which led to some great practice for TMC. The greens were very firm, which is something I am fairly new to. I am used to hitting at pins and having the ball sit or maybe bounce a little. I am not really sure how many balls I bounced off of the greens today, but it was a decent amount. The course really got backed up after 5 holes and that's where I started my minor blowup. Holes 6,7, and 8 led to 3 penalty strokes and double, double, triple. The triple was on a par 3 that was playing 177, fairly straightforward. I duffed it like a clown into a ravine, hit my 3rd shot onto the green with a full SW, had it bounce off the back and then couldn't get up and down. I came back to life on the back 9 and started finding the short grass from the tee. Birdied the par 3 16th, only to end with a bogey and double.

44/40 - 84
FiR: 6
GiR: 6 (need to work on this)
Putts: 29 (yay, no 3 jacks)

We were able to get a few vids. We wanted to get some more, but the guy we were paired with was in a hurry to finish each hole so we could wait 15 minutes on the next tee box.

OEM, lay up on a long par 5
[YOUTUBE]zV2V_S9MR8A[/YOUTUBE]

My tee shot on the par 3 that led to a bird... Played 172 yds, 12ish feet right of pin
[YOUTUBE]6lkwvLoDwIA[/YOUTUBE]

OEM Chipping...
[YOUTUBE]udeoy9AUyuI[/YOUTUBE]

OEM is a chipping machine. He hit quite a few today to a foot or two. Jake and One-T are going to have quite the battle on their hands. I had a blast today getting to meet and play some golf with Kevin. We are already talking about getting a few more rounds in at some good courses.

Here is a silly little video I took, of the Morgan Cup Bag, the course, and the scorecard at the time.

[YOUTUBE]eeRaOcPgHtA[/YOUTUBE]

And more . .

In case anyone forget (as if that's possible), Team Paradise has a few guys that can allegedly really bomb it. CRAZY long. Bubba long. Gary Woodland long.

I have a couple MC video outtakes that I thought I'd share. Tried to get the boy into it, but he's hard to keep interested hehe.

And more:

Thought you guys might enjoy a little video this morning.

M. Night's newest productions! Apologies for the TC-like shakiness in the first video.

[video=youtube;-9BT_YLB5iA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9BT_YLB5iA[/video]

I'll be back later tonight to answer to all of the clowns, aka Team Hackers supporters, that respond to this.

I almost missed duey's video since it was in spoilers!

So TC got all riled up when I made a couple of comments about the swings of his teammates when they posted their fine videos. In the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship, it's only right that I post a video of my swing. This should provide a few laughs and increase the confidence of the Hackers.

"With that swing, that fat old fart can't be any good."

I present the fat old man swing for your enjoyment and criticism. lol.

Kevin

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]Ok everyone, I hope this vid is cued up right. It's pretty sad when your own voice about makes your ear's bleed, lol, might need to turn your sound down. Until this point I intended to stay neutral here, but I think it add's a better mix and level of interest for these great companies who are going out of their way to support THP and its many members. At any rate I want to wish all the players from both teams, as well as those going along to watch, success and the most fun possible. (Please keep the Bro hug's on video to a minimum)

[YOUTUBE]jfBRLrhrFGM[/YOUTUBE]

And more:

here's some swings you can make fun of you office moles; im headed to golftec for some launch monitor time.

driver swings - i took a few shots as i was getting some video on the iron shafts I was hitting yesterday.

man I love this driver - the feel is fantastic - and after tuning, Im hitting it higher than Ive ever hit a driver.

some pointed out the sway back here on my takeaway: its a problem ive been fighting - leads to some inconsistencies, and my biggest miss "the top"

it originated in a lesson at golftec - he wanted me to really get my weight back - and Ive over exaggerated it. I really think its my biggest hurdle at this point and Im looking for some drills to correct it.

any of you guys have some drills to work on? that prevent the sway seen in these movies..

[video=youtube;-0Fyq5ugj44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Fyq5ugj44&feature=related[/video]

Thanks, Smalls. You are working some OT today on these vids huh?

And more:

Had a fun weekend with these irons, with the exception of one Par 3, I hit many, many good shots with these irons. Shortening the swing (still a work in progress as you can see by the vid) has helped me so much. I love the sound/feel of these irons.

[YOUTUBE]lVYBhMAeykM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4KNjpMzoj9E[/YOUTUBE]

I might have missed a couple from page 48-63 of that thread. I counted 8, but only came up with 6! If I'm missing any, let me know!

No new videos in the TM Woods thread! cough-cough.

No new videos in the ummmm TM (Again!) wedges thread.

Some more from the MC thread:

Hey ladies and gents, played golf with my wife yesterday and she was kind enough to help me make some videos. Had a great round yesterday, I think it may have been because I was so relaxed. I dont know. I had 24 putts all day, that blew me away. Anyway, here are a couple of the videos, I will put some more up later

because I am a smart golfer

Still more:

Saturday pm match ups have been made. I made a video b/c of it.

I play multiple match play events every year. Have another team competition coming up on Aug 12th. Will be my 3rd Match Play event this year so far. Belbin's slaying people in match play too.

I grabbed a video of my tee shot on the par 4 12th hole today. I have more coming as well.
This one went dead down the middle.

[video=youtube;A3N-ykm_khU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3N-ykm_khU[/video]

And more:

Here's my favorite video of the day. Here's a birdie putt on the 15th hole, raw footage, unedited....good stuff.

I love playing golf with my dad, thanks for the help today pops!

[video=youtube;C-_UR5FZdQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-_UR5FZdQY&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

Thanks, had a good time out there today. Here's a quick little recap of the round.

I am not sure why these first two didn't get addred to the GG & JB Productions thread, but I'll put them here. The third video is the surprise video, which is also in the other thread. I will try to keep those videos out of this thread since it does have their own thread, but I felt obliged to include the announcement here.

[video=youtube;-p4JY5iIf_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p4JY5iIf_I[/video]

Its Time!
Its Time For an Introduction!
Its Time For an Introduction of Epic Proportions!

I Give You
The Most Intimidating Golfer In The Morgan Cup!

And that's it for tonight. I'll finish up tomorrow.

Back