Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling badly with bedtime and Hawk Jr these days. It's tough not to get very upset when he doesn't stay in bed and basically nothing is working right now. It will pass I'm sure, but gotdam it pisses me off!

Struggling badly with bedtime and Hawk Jr these days. It's tough not to get very upset when he doesn't stay in bed and basically nothing is working right now. It will pass I'm sure, but gotdam it pisses me off!

Dude, we bought a clock for Foster's room. He isn't allowed to leave his room until that sucker turns green in color. We set it for 6:00 am. I can hear him back there, dicking around in his room, but he's not out here and that keeps a man sane. We also created a bedtime sticker chart, so he gets stickers if he stays in bed. When he earns 7 stickers in a row, he gets a toy.

Dude, we bought a clock for Foster's room. He isn't allowed to leave his room until that sucker turns green in color. We set it for 6:00 am. I can hear him back there, dicking around in his room, but he's not out here and that keeps a man sane. We also created a bedtime sticker chart, so he gets stickers if he stays in bed. When he earns 7 stickers in a row, he gets a toy.

Nice job. Kids will do anything for stickers.

When did you start that - age? I mean, it literally doesn't matter what we do, he just gets out of the damn bed. LOL at keeping a man sane. I know what you mean!

When did you start that - age? I mean, it literally doesn't matter what we do, he just gets out of the damn bed. LOL at keeping a man sane. I know what you mean!

Have you tried putting a sock over his head? Worked well for you, didn't it? LOL

Have you tried putting a sock over his head? Worked well for you, didn't it? LOL

I'd put him on the 12 Keystone Light plan, but for some reason people frown on that. Meh, we'll find something that works. I just felt like bitching. It's cutting into my tiny bit of free time.

I guess he was about 2 1/2. It's weird, when we first put him in a big boy bed, he was awesome. He'd lay down, we'd read and sing songs and then he'd crash. The older he's gotten the more he came up with excuses to get up and out of bed. So we have his clock that changes colors and the prospect of getting a toy. He cries his arse off when he doesn't get his sticker dude. It's amazing.

I guess he was about 2 1/2. It's weird, when we first put him in a big boy bed, he was awesome. He'd lay down, we'd read and sing songs and then he'd crash. The older he's gotten the more he came up with excuses to get up and out of bed. So we have his clock that changes colors and the prospect of getting a toy. He cries his arse off when he doesn't get his sticker dude. It's amazing.

We are about at that age, so I think I'll check that out. Like most things with kids, I'm sure it's routine and consistency and that sounds like an excellent way to get there. Thanks buddy.

Any time Hawk. My nights are about to suck arse. Erin starts back in her Master's program which means Mon-Wed nights I'm solo with the 3 year old and the baby. I have a feeling it might be rough at times. I just look at it as a challenge.

Any time Hawk. My nights are about to suck arse. Erin starts back in her Master's program which means Mon-Wed nights I'm solo with the 3 year old and the baby. I have a feeling it might be rough at times. I just look at it as a challenge.

Good luck! That will definitely be a challenge, but it seems like things always work out. I normally can roll through the tough times easy, but it's always nice to have somebody to complain to.

I'm officially pondering (not hawkpondering) a OK to Wake clock on ebay right now lol.

Good luck! That will definitely be a challenge, but it seems like things always work out. I normally can roll through the tough times easy, but it's always nice to have somebody to complain to.

I'm officially pondering (not hawkpondering) a OK to Wake clock on ebay right now lol.

Awesome! Hawk Junior will like his clock too. It's amazing what motivates a kid.

WOW dude good luck. My wife works three days a week and I have to have the boy during those times and they are some of my favorite nights, but you throw a baby into that picture and I may take to drinking.

WOW dude good luck. My wife works three days a week and I have to have the boy during those times and they are some of my favorite nights, but you throw a baby into that picture and I may take to drinking.

I'm sure I'll be having a drink or two. Dude, the new baby has been awesome. Exact opposite of Foster's first 3 months. She is already sleeping through the night. She's like clock work. She smiles all the time, is typically in good spirits, and has just been an absolute blessing. Bath night's will be the worst. I dread having to give them both baths at night. I'm not sure how I'll manage.

I just OEM'd that thing. Funny what a little desperation will do to cure the hawkponders.

I'm sure I'll be having a drink or two. Dude, the new baby has been awesome. Exact opposite of Foster's first 3 months. She is already sleeping through the night. She's like clock work. She smiles all the time, is typically in good spirits, and has just been an absolute blessing. Bath night's will be the worst. I dread having to give them both baths at night. I'm not sure how I'll manage.

Everybody I've talked to says something similar about the second one. I hope it works out that way for us - when I slip one past the goalie. Bath night squared does sound rough dude!

Thats amazing dude, and so awesome. A 3 month old that always sleeps through the night is just your blessing for having done so well with the first one I think. I still remember the first night my son slept through the night, he was like 11 months old and I'm pretty sure I was still up all night making sure he was ok.

Everybody I've talked to says something similar about the second one. I hope it works out that way for us - when I slip one past the goalie. Bath night squared does sound rough dude!

Slip one past the goalie! LOL

The 2nd one is so much less stressful than the first. You'll wonder wtc you were worried about all the time.

My daughter was the same way. Right now she is on an odd routine. She is asleep by 8:30, then like clockwork at 10:30 shes up and wide awake. Then at 11 shes down for the count til she wakes up around 7am.

I have found out that I am quite productive around the house between 8:30 and 10:30.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

My daughter was the same way. Right now she is on an odd routine. She is asleep by 8:30, then like clockwork at 10:30 shes up and wide awake. Then at 11 shes down for the count til she wakes up around 7am.

I have found out that I am quite productive around the house between 8:30 and 10:30.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Productively working your way through a book! I always stay up late and wake up early. I probably average 5 hours of sleep a night. I've always been this way.

i got a stupid crick in my neck... no idea how i got it

People who send you an email and when you don't acknowledge it in 3 minutes swing by your office to say 'hey did you get my email?' need to go away. forever.

People who send you an email and when you don't acknowledge it in 3 minutes swing by your office to say 'hey did you get my email?' need to go away. forever.
did you get the memo?

Then 5 minutes later IM you, asking what you thought...ugggg

It's my Friday, normally not rant material. However I stayed up incredibly late last night to catch a meteor shower so I'm tired as shat as well as I probably caught the pneumonia. Don't worry the hits keep coming, pretty sure I broke my right knee last night at the range and have been popping pills all morning trying to work through the pain. Packed my cooler to go to the Orange Bowl tonight, brats, chili, etc etc; guess who forgot to buy beer last night? This guy!!

And it's cold and windy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back