Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Montee Ball the early Heisman favorite for next season?

He'll definitely be in the conversition. I think Matt Barkley is more than likely going to be leading the pack at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Watching ESPN tonight I learned that its been well over a month since some of these teams have played and after last night it looked like a lot longer for Clemson. Attendance for the bowl games is once again down 30% along with some really bad games. This is just a joke. We need a playoff already.
Yes we do, but with a playoff, the seats could be just as empty depending on travel, etc.

Without the injury I would have thought it to be Marcus Lattimore, that kid is the real deal.
I agree with this. Is it for certain that Trent Richardson is NFL bound?

Auburn RB Michael Dyer released from his scholarship........ what a moron. Maurice Clarett 2.0.

The bowl game that everyone has been waiting for tomorrow - Pitt v. SMU!!!

...right?

Steel Tappin'

Auburn RB Michael Dyer released from his scholarship........ what a moron. Maurice Clarett 2.0.

Wouldn't go that far, but hate to hear it for Mike. He was a good kid that let his ego get too big, and it became all about Mike, not about the team. One thing is for sure, if we had to lose someone, at least it was at RB where we are pretty deep and have Blakely available to play next year.

Interesting thought from a friend that works in the Athletic department, he said; "He wasn't surprised that it was the best the offense looked all year without having Dyer in there.". He was basically saying that because of his poor attitude, the whole team played worse at times during the year. A lot of young talent at AU, now just to find some coordinators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bowl game that everyone has been waiting for tomorrow - Pitt v. SMU!!!

...right?

Steel Tappin'

I can't imaigne anyone wanting to watch any other game :wink:

I've been thinking about Landry Jones this morning. This year's QB class isn't very deep. He's either a genius for coming back for his Senior year or it's going to be an epic fail. I would imagine someone would've reached for him this year.

Barkley will be the Heisman front runner next year, and it will be annoying.

Marcus Lattimore and Montee Ball should be fun to watch next year, assuming Lattimore is healthy.

I've been thinking about Landry Jones this morning. This year's QB class isn't very deep. He's either a genius for coming back for his Senior year or it's going to be an epic fail. I would imagine someone would've reached for him this year.

Barkley will be the Heisman front runner next year, and it will be annoying.

Marcus Lattimore and Montee Ball should be fun to watch next year, assuming Lattimore is healthy.

But how high is he on people's draft boards? Is he projected a first rounder?

But how high is he on people's draft boards? Is he projected a first rounder?

I've seen some where he is dude. I think a lot of Free Agency moves could change that though. I think he's a top 4 QB prospect behind Luck, RG3, and Tannehill.

Who knows, he could light it up next year and increase his stock I guess, but not with guys like Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray, Tyler Wilson, Darron Thomas, Tyler Bray. I imagine if any of those guys progress like they should, they could surpass him. But I'm no expert either, haha

I've seen some where he is dude. I think a lot of Free Agency moves could change that though. I think he's a top 4 QB prospect behind Luck, RG3, and Tannehill.

Who knows, he could light it up next year and increase his stock I guess, but not with guys like Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray, Tyler Wilson, Darron Thomas, Tyler Bray. I imagine if any of those guys progress like they should, they could surpass him. But I'm no expert either, haha
I agree with what you are saying, this year the QB class is not very deep at all compared to what it could be next year. I think he is pulling a Sam Bradford type move, only problem is that he, in my opinion, is not on the level of Bradford.

I agree with what you are saying, this year the QB class is not very deep at all compared to what it could be next year. I think he is pulling a Sam Bradford type move, only problem is that he, in my opinion, is not on the level of Bradford.

I tend to agree, but a lot can change in a year, especially for scouts. Look at RG3 this year. Was he even on a radar last year?

I decided today that i'm looking forward to the NC game. I've seen so much scoring this bowl season that a hard hitting, physical battle is now necessary. I also think that we'll see more scoring that we did in NC 1.0 in Tuscaloosa.

Saw that too. So weak of her. Way to take away from your sons moment. No wonder he went to Bama. Get away from that biatch and purposefully go against her wishes

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I agree. What a nasty woman. Doesn't she realize he'll be her gravy train? If I were a stud defensive player, I'd go to Bama and play in Nick Saban's system too.

I agree. What a nasty woman. Doesn't she realize he'll be her gravy train? If I were a stud defensive player, I'd go to Bama and play in Nick Saban's system too.

Oh she knows that and shes counting on it. Dumb woman.

Apparently this is a feud between divorced parents as well. The dad and step-mom who Landon live with are supportive of him going to Alabama (where his girlfriend is as well). The mom wasn't even going to come to the event until the last minute...but what a way to step on you're kid's moment. I saw Landon re-tweeted this morning saying he had decided to go to Bama two years ago, so mom knew exactly what was about to happen and did all that anyway.

From what I saw of the game last night, he looks like a terrific player though.

Apparently this is a feud between divorced parents as well. The dad and step-mom who Landon live with are supportive of him going to Alabama (where his girlfriend is as well). The mom wasn't even going to come to the event until the last minute...but what a way to step on you're kid's moment. I saw Landon re-tweeted this morning saying he had decided to go to Bama two years ago, so mom knew exactly what was about to happen and did all that anyway.

That's awful for that kid. He looked so uncomfortable next to her too.

I watched a bit last night and all I could think was, "Barron who?"

Another side note, if you noticed in the video, his girlfriend is standing behind him......same girlfriend that attends Bama. Girlfriend - 1, Mom - 0.

That's awful for that kid. He looked so uncomfortable next to her too.

I watched a bit last night and all I could think was, "Barron who?"

I know...between him and Amari Cooper (who had the long TD then Punt Return TD), I almost forgot that we still had the Championship Game to play next weekend.

Another side note, if you noticed in the video, his girlfriend is standing behind him......same girlfriend that attends Bama. Girlfriend - 1, Mom - 0.

Yeah, pretty clear that Mom is at least ranked #2 in the kids eyes. Of course, it's also clear that he ranks second in his mom's eyes (behind herself) as well.

and while we're on the UA game, besides a couple of good performances, as a whole, the game is a piss poor showing for most of the players that play. The WR's run terrible routes, the O-line have no blocking schemes, the DE just bull rush cause they know it and the QB's have about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball because of it. You do see some flashes from some of the players but for the most part it is one ugly played game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back