Tomorrow wont be too bad. Shoulders and Arms are always my favorite. I love doing the side-tri-rise at the end. One armed, sideways pushups.

Arms will be a happy break. Will throw in the ab ripper too since I forgot to do them on day 1

I did Insanity this past fall for 3 weeks and had to quit. I was going to college and trying to golf and work out. Something had to go, and it sure wasn't golf or college. I finished my degree and am now wanting to start back up.

Day 1 of P90X2 is in the books!

You will have to let us know how that is as you get into it. Looks interesting to say the least.

Did arms and shoulders tonight. Those weren't so bad and were pretty tame. Ab ripper came on immediately following. 15 minutes, how bad could that be?

Answer: very bad. I don't do much lower ab work. It's filled with intense lower ab work and upper ab. Abs locked up, had to roll around and stretch for a while. Only made it to the 25 number on a couple exercises. 15 was the goal on most and just about got there each exercise.

Yoga x, please don't beat me up tomorrow lol

I am starting P90 on Monday....yes the orginal...I have the full set of DVD's...so I will give these a run and if all goes well I will order P90x after this.

I am starting P90 on Monday....yes the orginal...I have the full set of DVD's...so I will give these a run and if all goes well I will order P90x after this.

Good luck Tim, I am on day 5 and love it so far.

A question for those of you who do these workouts: during the first week of the workouts, were you able to keep up with the entire workout? When I was doing Insanity, I found it really hard to keep up with what they were doing. I did 2 and a half weeks and was still having a hard time keeping up.

A question for those of you who do these workouts: during the first week of the workouts, were you able to keep up with the entire workout? When I was doing Insanity, I found it really hard to keep up with what they were doing. I did 2 and a half weeks and was still having a hard time keeping up.

It's depending on the workout to be honest. He says in the videos that not to try and max out on these and that taking breaks is ok, just not prolonged ones. I'm doing them to the best of my out of shape ability for now. If I can only do half the reps he says to do in one workout, that's what I'll do. The new goal becomes to add a few more to it the next time until I can keep up. The more important thing is to keep going and finish the workout. I may look and feel sissy using a chair for wide arm pull ups, but it builds strength and confidence to be able to move past that by hopefully the 3rd or 4th time I do it.

I have slightly modified my P90x routine as of late, and I think I am enjoying it more. With riding a lot more the past 2 weeks, I found that I was killing myself trying to do both. So, decided to modify the P90X schedule so I dont kill myself. I do Chest/Back, Shoulders/Arms, Plyo X and Yoga X. I dropped the legs workout (riding 12 miles gives a good workout), as well as the Kenpo. I am trying to do the Yoga X 2X per week (more for the stretching than the workout really).

So my weekday schedule looks like this;

Monday; Cycling, Chest/Back
Tuesday; Cycling, Yoga X
Wednesday; Cycling
Thursday; Cycling, Shoulders/Arms
Friday; Cycling, Plyo X

I'm currently doing Insanity myself and have just completed the fit test that starts week 3. To be honest I don't know if you ever completely keep up with Insanity as the people on the video will take a break as needed. Also to be honest I think Insanity is a tougher workout to start if you are not already active. Reason I say this is that with P90X you do whatever number of reps you can and Insanity is a set time for each workout so it is almost inevitable that you may not be able to do power jacks for a full minute once you have already been going for 20 minutes. I think the best way to approach Insanity is to gauge your improvement from the Fit Test, how you feel and how your clothes fit. I can have a few great workouts in a row and then just have a day where it seems tougher than others but I know I am improving and getting better. Also when people start to notice that your slimming down that is rewarding. Also when the clothes have more space in them, you tend to smile a little more. Hope this helps.

I don't know how I ever did P90x. I just did 30 minutes of Tony's 10 minute trainer and am beat. I will say my core is weak as all hell and I may get some more speed with the work out. I think this is overall more realistic for me. Don't think I'll burn out as fast.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Any of you guys still keeping up with this?

I've been playing about with getting in shape again and I'm thinking I might as well throw caution to the wind and start on the P90x trail. I kinda need a kick in the butt to get going.

I've been playing about with getting in shape again and I'm thinking I might as well throw caution to the wind and start on the P90x trail. I kinda need a kick in the butt to get going.

I've also been thinking about starting this to get in better shape, but I'm literally afraid I'll die doing it. Probably could've handled it in high school no problem, but I haven't done much in the keeping in shape department lately.

I am still going with my modified version, and doing quite well. Just started Phase 2, and am down about 15 lbs.

Down 8lbs in 3 weeks. Got off kilter over the weekend due to back to back birthday parties and messed up my routine. Leg and back workout tonight before dinner and will just pick up where I left off.

I'm doing a modified version as well. I'm including some of the golf specific exercises from the Titleist fitness website.

I am still going with my modified version, and doing quite well. Just started Phase 2, and am down about 15 lbs.

Great going WE. That's a pretty impressive return! Bet you're feeling better for it.

Down 8lbs in 3 weeks. Got off kilter over the weekend due to back to back birthday parties and messed up my routine. Leg and back workout tonight before dinner and will just pick up where I left off.

Nice! That's kinda my problem too....I tend to party quite a lot. :D

I've really been thinking about trying P90X, was hoping to find a used set of DVDs to give a shot. For those that have done the whole program, how much did your strength and flexibility improve?

Nice! That's kinda my problem too....I tend to party quite a lot. :D

Haha it's amazing how much you don't want to party as hard when working out hardcore. You just feel blah almost immediately.

I've really been thinking about trying P90X, was hoping to find a used set of DVDs to give a shot. For those that have done the whole program, how much did your strength and flexibility improve?

Flexibility: Almost 4 weeks in and I've gone from fingertips to the ankle bone to almost palm on the floor when stretching.

Strength: I do reps with 25's now and it's still a challenge but I make it through the entire workout instead of losing form and being sloppy.

Also, I now do dead lifts with smart cars.

Haha it's amazing how much you don't want to party as hard when working out hardcore. You just feel blah almost immediately.

Flexibility: Almost 4 weeks in and I've gone from fingertips to the ankle bone to almost palm on the floor when stretching.

Strength: I do reps with 25's now and it's still a challenge but I make it through the entire workout instead of losing form and being sloppy.

Let me know when you make it to Mini Coopers (usually around Phase 2). :alien:

If you need any let me know, I have a few in the grill of my truck you can have.

Hahaha I love this board

[unponder mode] Reeeeeally? hmmm. There's 2 little guys on my shoulders (in their smart cars), and one's telling me that's a good thing....but I don't recognise him. [/unponder mode]

[unponder mode] Reeeeeally? hmmm. There's 2 little guys on my shoulders (in their smart cars), and one's telling me that's a good thing....but I don't recognise him. [/unponder mode]

Example: I've been eating really well and avoided all beer for 3 weeks. Birthday dinner for the Mrs, went to Chili's and had one of their "healthier" options. 700 calories and a turkey sandwich later, I went to a bar that has beers from all around the world on tap and in bottle. 3 beers later, I felt stuffed and blah. The dinner was completely to blame. I hate you Chili's, you ruined my beer :(

Example: I've been eating really well and avoided all beer for 3 weeks. Birthday dinner for the Mrs, went to Chili's and had one of their "healthier" options. 700 calories and a turkey sandwich later, I went to a bar that has beers from all around the world on tap and in bottle. 3 beers later, I felt stuffed and blah. The dinner was completely to blame. I hate you Chili's, you ruined my beer :(

Ah, that's harsh. I see that I'll need to plan ahead. The nutrition guide has already given me a headache.

Back