What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just one bad day out there pal. Shake that off and rebound!

Thanks. I struck it well and my overall game was pretty good. That one hole would kill me. Make a bogey and it's a 44. It's even a pretty easy par hole if you put it in play.

Finally Broke 100 on a non-executive course. 51/47. 4months in and hit a big milestone. Although I felt I played like Garbage. Putting was much better today thanks to my new Si4.

Finally Broke 100 on a non-executive course. 51/47. 4months in and hit a big milestone. Although I felt I played like Garbage. Putting was much better today thanks to my new Si4.

That's a big milestone, XM! Enjoy it. Congrats on going sub 100 :)

Shot 45/45 and then 46/47. My group usually plays two rounds of 18 on Mondays. We walked it, but normally we take powercarts. Needless to say, sore and tired!

That's a lot of golf. Especially walking.

That's a lot of golf. Especially walking.

That's almost impossible this time of year in Miami. You would melt before you were done with the Front 9

That's a big milestone, XM! Enjoy it. Congrats on going sub 100 :)

Thanks. Playing Doral on Saturday and would like to develop a "streak"!

Shot a 85 at Angeles National Golf Club in L.A. It was designed by Jack Nicklaus' group and is an amazing course.

Congrats on breaking that century mark, that is a major milestone buddy.

90 for me yesterday...really horrible front with absolutely NO pars...I thought my partner was going to swap me out at the turn.:D
I lit it up on the back though, and managed 6 pars to keep it under 100. We won 3 and 2, and I actually helped on 4 of those holes. Gotta get things going in the right direction.

went out last night, it was cold! low-mid 40's, but i manned-up!
struggled to start out, bogey-machine...snuck a couple pars in there to card a 41.
i do believe i figured out what i was doing tho....the scores should be improving from here on out.
it's simple really...just turn your hands over at impact you big dumb idiot.

went out last night, it was cold! low-mid 40's, but i manned-up!
struggled to start out, bogey-machine...snuck a couple pars in there to card a 41.
i do believe i figured out what i was doing tho....the scores should be improving from here on out.
it's simple really...just turn your hands over at impact you big dumb idiot.

nice 9. that's something I battle too.

Fairway Wood, Schmairway Wood. Keep hitting driver until you take that punk of a hole down. Pound that ball off the tee. Laying up is for old people, ladies, and southerners. You can do it, Hanks, trust me.

Kevin

LOL. After I may hit a house during our round, your strategy of just having me mash the ball without worry ... man... What a relief. We totally overthink things sometimes. Sure the shorter par 4's may not be worth it but man... you just reminded me to pound that damn ball!

We made it back from South Georgia where we had a great time on our golf trip. I averaged 82 with all mediocre scores. We played six rounds from Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning then spent six hours on the four hour drive home. Gosh what caused all that traffic on I-75? Must have been all those poor ole yankees having to go back north after spring break?

Today I played the gold tees, 72.2/137, walked: Putting was good after the weekend struggling with grain on those South Georgia greens. I think I got up and down 5 times, mostly by making medium long putts. Struggled a little with the new driver but managed. 74 (38, 36)

I shot a 91 today. I can not figure out what happened. My last 3 rounds have been not so good.

35/43 - 78

6/14 Fairways
7/18 GIR
28 Putts

Today I just delayed the inevitable for a long time, but when the scoring wheels fell off, it was with a thud. I opened with 4 pars, twice getting up & in from well off the fringe. Then at #5 I drove it against the trees but was able to jam a punch just out in front of the green, and chipped in for birdie to go -1. From there I parred on through the front for 35. At our 10th I pull hooked it badly into the trees, but it hit a pine and jumped out in the fairway near the 200 stake, and I managed another par. Unfortunately I pull hooked the next drive, too, but caught the other side of the tree this time and went in deep. I spotted a hole up in the canopy and stuck an 8I up thru it, and escaped to just in front of the greenside bunker, but that was where my luck ran out. A bad lie led to a poor pitch and double bogey, and I played the next hole almost identically for another double. From there it was alternating bogeys and pars for a sloppy back nine, but really the ball-striking all day was simply off, and it finally caught up with me on the scorecard.

+10
Today was brutal from the get go
Duck hooks so bad my woods were quacking
Wedges were money tho

After a week and a half off and a drunkfest in Montreal this past weekend, I finally hit the course today. I started par-par-bogey, which led me to believe that I may have a nice round on my hands....yeah, that didn't happen at all. Ended up shooting a 45/45 90 with 4 doubles and a triple. Had that triple not happened (on the par 5 17th no less) I would have felt good shooting a sub-90 round after that much time off. Everything was not working except the putter - which I had no 3 putts today. That's at least a silver lining in this otherwise terrible round.

39/39 for a 78. Played Eagle Watch for the first time today. Eagle Watch turned out to be fairly short, even playing from the blues (6256). I probably should have played the tips (6741), but I hate to just jump up and do that on a course I've never seen. Turned out to be a good choice for me, because I still can't hit my irons out on the course, although I might have fixed that problem right at the end of the round. I drove the ball very well, and I can still hit my wedges, so I just hacked my way around the front with a double, 2 bogeys, and a birdie on a par 5.

We played through a group of ladies going from 10 to 11, and I completely forgot how to play golf at that point. Double bogey there, and then two ugly pars on very short par 4s (weak drives, line drive wedges that bounced onto the green, 2 putts).

After up-and-down par saves at 14 and 15, we had a wait on a tricky, short par 4. I tried to empty my mind of the swing thought that seemed to work so well on the range, but had yet to produce a good shot on the course. Closed my eyes, swung my 4 iron, and just tried to imagine I was back in the middle of the last round where I really hit my irons well (this was a few weeks ago, actually). Sweet 4 iron to the middle of the fairway, and I carded nice regulation pars on the last 3 holes. Whew!

Hit the range for a little bit after the round, just to erase that evil swing thought I had.

Shot a 48 on the front 9 and fell apart on the back 9. Had a few birdie attempts on the front 9 and blew them. Had a pretty decent round going until I shot and 8 on the last hole...

shot a 44 with 4 solid pars. Almost too easy. Why couldn't the other 5 holes have been that easy? Stupid game (that I love!).

89 (42/47). Jacqui shot 90 (her best ever by 6 shots).

A little behind, but played a nice course about 25 miles from home last weekend. Shot 46/39, 85. The front was not that tough, I just struggled to get things under control, but played well on the back. Actually hit the flag and pole on the par 3 #12 hole.

Only 9 this evening and it sort of sucked with 2 birdies but the end result was a 43. Couple bad tee shots done me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back