Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Even though I already have the driver, have been playing the driver and love the driver, getting the PM from the Tour Rep does something special.

Even though I already have the driver, have been playing the driver and love the driver, getting the PM from the Tour Rep does something special.

AH, so it's driver ordering time for the MC? Cool! And I'm still glad that I chose the Classic over the Fit - so much more forgiving for me.

I could only imagine what that would be like. Gets the adrenaline moving a bit?

Back from lunch and saw that. This is one I've been waiting for since I demoed it. This is one that I will have no problem pulling the trigger on.

Back from lunch and saw that. This is one I've been waiting for since I demoed it. This is one that I will have no problem pulling the trigger on.

What are you going with if you don't mind sharing?

--
tapatalk

Im curious to see what all you guys decide to go with after all the months of pondering back and forth between lofts and shafts.

Im curious to see what all you guys decide to go with after all the months of pondering back and forth between lofts and shafts.

Ditto, should be some very nice setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you going with if you don't mind sharing?

--
tapatalk

10.5 - stock stiff 43S at stock length. Pretty simple!

10.5 - stock stiff 43S at stock length. Pretty simple!

I for one really liked the feel of the stock shaft in the Classic, like the setup Hawk.

I can't remember, did you get a chance to hit the 12*?

Hawk keeping it simple. I approve. I did notice that GG had a 9.5* with a Kusala in it if Im not mistaken. That would tempt me.

I for one really liked the feel of the stock shaft in the Classic, like the setup Hawk.

I can't remember, did you get a chance to hot the 12*?

No, I felt like I was getting enough height from the 10.5, so I didn't even try it out.

Here is my order:

Driver Choice - Classic
Loft - 10.5
Lie - Standard
Length - Standard
Shaft Flex - Stiff
Shaft Choice - C Kua 43S
Grip Choice (as well as any special requests such as # of wraps) - Standard size and brand
Dexterity (please be sure the driver you pick is available in RH or LH as you need it) - RH

Hawk keeping it simple. I approve. I did notice that GG had a 9.5* with a Kusala in it if Im not mistaken. That would tempt me.

This was an easy one for me, but I've always done well with the Kua 43. I thought about the 9.5 since that's what I have now, but I want to get the ball up in a hurry to go with that low spin.

My Classic is in and I get to play 36 at Chambers for the THP NW outing with it tomorrow!

Awesome Tomahawk! Remind me again what you went with (loft/shaft/etc)

9* 290 with the C Kua 43G Stiff. My launch monitor numbers were off the charts with the lighter shaft. I was surprised since I have always played a little heavier driver shaft.

9* 290 with the C Kua 43G Stiff. My launch monitor numbers were off the charts with the lighter shaft. I was surprised since I have always played a little heavier driver shaft.

Thanks buddy! Did you rock the stock length (45.25)?

JB, what are your thoughts on the stock setup at this point?

JB, what are your thoughts on the stock setup at this point?

I think the stock setup is rather good when comparing it to many others on the market. Extremely high quality standard shaft that assists in getting the ball up on a driver head that is very low spinning makes a good combo and they compliment each other well.

I think the stock setup is rather good when comparing it to many others on the market. Extremely high quality standard shaft that assists in getting the ball up on a driver head that is very low spinning makes a good combo and they compliment each other well.

Thanks dude. I appreciate the response. It seems like a lot of people are seeing good results out of the stock setup.

Thanks dude. I appreciate the response. It seems like a lot of people are seeing good results out of the stock setup.

I really think that it compliments the driver head well....but I'd be lying if I wasn't curious about the Kusala White.

I really think that it compliments the driver head well....but I'd be lying if I wasn't curious about the Kusala White.

You and me both Nate. Especially the 61S version.

Tried the 9* 290 last night here's the numbers
10 swing average
Carry 249
Club Speed 103 (high 109 low 98)
Ball Speed 143
Launch 13.3 (high 18.5 low 9.7, pull)
Backspin 4047 which seems way off since that's more than I got from the Black.
Sidespin 236R
Dispersion 15yds

--
tapatalk

Back