Anyone ever have Pirrat Ale? It might be one of the best Belgian Tripels I've ever had. Elixir of the Gods.

piraat-ale.jpg

I don't think I have had it. I have had numerous Belgian IPAs and tripels that I don't remember the name of them, but I don't think I have had this. I am going to give it a go next time, there are numerous pubs in my neighborhood that serve it according to beer menus finder.

I really like Goose Islands Matilda. Its a Belgium ale. For the summer, Sophie will treat you right. Also made by Goose Island.

BTW, be careful with Matilda. She will sneak up on you :D

A friend recommended Bourbon County Stout. Have yet to find it but I've heard guys on the train rave about it also.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I really like Goose Islands Matilda. Its a Belgium ale. For the summer, Sophie will treat you right. Also made by Goose Island.

BTW, be careful with Matilda. She will sneak up on you :D

A friend recommended Bourbon County Stout. Have yet to find it but I've heard guys on the train rave about it also.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Matilda is one of my favorites to have with mussels. I'm pretty lucky, goose island is served everywhere near me and I live pretty close to one of their micros.

Oh, and their bourbon stouts are pretty much after dinner drinks. I don't think I would have that any other time. But, after dinner, I am more in the mode for an actual bourbon before the stout.

This question borders on heresy, but is there a decent NA beer out there? New med forbids alcohol and while I'm bummed, not the end of the world. If I can find an acceptable NA beer I can at least pretend.

Just busted out a Shiner Ruby Redbird after mowing. I'm still a fan.

Just busted out a Shiner Ruby Redbird after mowing. I'm still a fan.

That is a solid choice after mowing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever have Pirrat Ale? It might be one of the best Belgian Tripels I've ever had. Elixir of the Gods.

I went to Bully's on Sunday and had one of these. Oh, they also have nugget nectar on tap!

Last night I was sipping on "Brouwerij der St. Benedictusabdij de Achelse." I has it with some free range chicken. The beer was excellent, but I wouldn't have it with chicken again... probably pairs better with cheeses, olives and the like.

Just had a Founders Breakfast Stout. Yummmmmy!

Guiness. I tend to drink it a little slower than a light beer which is good when I'm having more than 1. Great taste and it is actually lower in calories than many ales.

Brewdog Dogma or Brewdog Punk IPA.

Or when all else fails, cheap swedish lager called Småland.

This made me laugh....the 5 beers no man should drink after age 25

http://www.mademan.com/5-beers-no-man-should-drink-after-25/

Milwaukee's Best
Milwaukee has produced some nice things, such as the Violent Femmes, but don’t give this sinister little city too much credit. The devil moved into town in 1849 to entice the nation with the most abominable beer imaginable-Old Milwaukee. Some experts contend that this horrible brew was even warned about in the Bible. If you enjoy gagging and even puking before the point of being drunk, this just may be your beer.

Keystone Light
Keystone Light. Rejected Coors. Do you need to know any more about this god-awful drink? Coors Light, in its superior condition, is watered-down piss water. When something goes wrong with the flavor or color, the company bottles it as Keystone Light. The only thing worse than this Colorado beer is that some states sell a special version that contains no more than 3.2% alcohol.

Budweiser
This beer was cool in your college days. After 25 years old, however, don’t drink it. Everyone seems to pretend that it’s a good beer, at least when they’re too loaded to know otherwise. It does get you wasted, after all. If you’re going to drink Budweiser after your prime years, take a trip to Canada to do it. Canadians get a whole different version that is right up there with the finest microbrews.

Busch
Busch is about as wack as the president it was named after. OK, so the beer was not actually named after a president. In fact, it came many decades before the oil guys hijacked America. Who knows what it was named after, and who cares? One thing that is certain about Busch is that this beer is just horrible, more so than any president.

Schlitz
Holy Schlitz, this beer is bad! Who cares that it’s a high-proof malt liquor? It produces so much foam that you’ll hardly be able to drink much of it anyway. You may drink this beer with impunity if you’re either a Texan, a teenager or a punk rocker. Otherwise, grow up and drink something of higher stature. Schlitz is just wrong

Here in Halifax we're known for Alexander Keiths and the Donair and I enjoy both.

Though I also enjoy a cold Stella with a meal.

Stella is great when ice cold

It's just so smooth and compliments a steak or chicken nicely, especially during a BBQ.

I went to a Devils pre-season game this year. I got free club seats which has a private lounge where everything is free except alcohol. I decided to get me and my father a beer. There are no signs with pricing or anything so I got Stella on tap and a bottle of Miller Light for my father. I gave the bartender my CC and she came back with my receipt. $30!!! $18 for stella on TAP!! HAHA. Last time I get beer there. Best $18 beer I have ever had..hahaha

Hanks, they forgot Natty light! Was it $4 for 12 cans? Those were the days!

such a good outdoor beer

It's just so smooth and compliments a steak or chicken nicely, especially during a BBQ.

yikes...we were just talking about the prices for beer at Phillies games today....$8 for Miller Lite/Bud Light and $9 for imports (Heiny, Molson, etc)

I went to a Devils pre-season game this year. I got free club seats which has a private lounge where everything is free except alcohol. I decided to get me and my father a beer. There are no signs with pricing or anything so I got Stella on tap and a bottle of Miller Light for my father. I gave the bartender my CC and she came back with my receipt. $30!!! $18 for stella on TAP!! HAHA. Last time I get beer there. Best $18 beer I have ever had..hahaha

I lived on Beast and Natty in school...$40 for a keg...supreme ROI. After reading that little write up about Keystone I'm convince its the worst beer ever. By product form making another beer? Nasty.

Hanks, they forgot Natty light! Was it $4 for 12 cans? Those were the days!

$40 for a keg? Think we paid right around $270 for the Keith's keg for St.Patty's.

Though you guys have such cheap liquor in general it's crazy.

I love Guinness on tap, can't get much better, although these are some nice local brews:
Iceberg beer
India beer
Blue Star
Black Horse
For the strong brew taste,
Dominion Ale
Extra Old Stock

But Guinness tops the list for on tap, if no Guinness then Rickard's Red, if
none of those, whiskey and water.
Cheers
Pea

Anyone else drink Kokanee?
That's my go to beer - or can't go wrong with a Great Divide brew every once in awhile.
For Drinkability.. it's Coors Light

Back