The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things.

1.) I just saw how you can look at the active posters for the month.. Interesting.

2.) Just got my dose of 1-2. peace in.. Read all that and got a good laugh out of it!

How do you check the most active posters for the month?

Oh Lord, you'll have to get adjusted to that one. EVERYBODY says y'all. EVERYBODY.

Haha yeah. I'm sure I'll get used to it considering I will hear it every time I am with somebody else and get addressed by another human being. At least I hope so. Or it is going to bug the hell out of me.

Haha yeah. I'm sure I'll get used to it considering I will hear it every time I am with somebody else and get addressed by another human being. At least I hope so. Or it is going to bug the hell out of me.

My sister went to college In Arkansas, Masters in Texas, and works in Tulsa, OK.. I can't stand her mechanically forged y'all.. Not very good from someone who grew up with a SD accent

I want to thank Dennis from Blind9 but I cant find the Blind9 thread. Tapatalk blows for searching.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Y'all think y'all is bad? Try dealing with 'yinz'. I love my city but that word is just frustrating, haha. Especially when I catch myself actually saying it.

What is yinz?
Y'all think y'all is bad? Try dealing with 'yinz'. I love my city but that word is just frustrating, haha. Especially when I catch myself actually saying it.

Yeah wtc does yinz mean? I didn't hear it a single time when I was there?

Yinz is the Western Pennsylvania version of y'all. People actually will say sentences like, 'Did yinz guys eat lunch n'at yet?' - that's a normal sentence for some Pittsburghers.

Yinz is the Western Pennsylvania version of y'all. People actually will say sentences like, 'Did yinz guys eat lunch n'at yet?' - that's a normal sentence for some Pittsburghers.

Alright that actually makes no sense. Y'all actually stands for you all. What could yinz possibly stand for or be short for? That's just weird. Lol.

I do use some of these that seem to be mostly exclusive to the area. I've always said jagger bush, gumband, nebby, and, yes, even yinz from time to time.

That's a little better. But still, I'll keep away from that region of the country lol.

Yeah, we're in our own world here, haha.

Yall can be singular too, D. Yall is very versatile.

I speak Southern Appalachian English with occasional intrusions of British English.

Is yinz one syllable or two? I'm confused by this concept.

Yall can be singular too, D. Yall is very versatile.

I speak Southern Appalachian English with occasional intrusions of British English.

... I have a lot to learn. Lol.

Y'all have a lot to learn. I should start typing the way I talk. Actually, for the rest of the night, I will.

Y'all's screwed.
... I have a lot to learn. Lol.

Hahaha, well done Thain. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back