2012 Callaway Forged Wedges

I'm not personally seein this really high ball flight and my distance is right where it should be with he lofts I have. I don't think you will have any issues.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you coolbreeze.
I really do hope it was just the wind.

Went to a Callaway demo day and hit these beauties, they sure looked pretty and felt real balanced.
I was able to hit every shot I wanted even off of mats, control trajectory on pitches and even a flop shot. Had a good laugh with the rep when I hit the bottom of the net for the range stall right above me(its a two story range) with a flop shot.
One thing I wanted to ask you about is, I did read that some of you are seeing the ball flies really high on full shots, and I observed the same thing yesterday.
I was hitting a 56 degree into a 16mph head wind and was flying my full wedge shots only about 85yds. My only worry is distance gaps if I were to get these wedges between my AW and the 56 degree since the ball flies so high and my AW has a significantly more penetrating flight(R11).
Did you guys make any adjustments to distance gaps?

I'm not seeing the really high ball flight either....I CAN hit a super high shot if needed or I CAN flight them down, distance wise they are right on the money for me....I love these wedges...best I have ever hit!

I feel the same way as Tim. I don't see a really high flight on a normal shot but I feel like I have had much success hitting a high shot when I try. I am having a really easy time controlling the flight and distance with these wedges. Every time I am out with them I pull off a new shot that I hadn't tried with them before and it always seems to happen with ease. Distance control is great and I have no problems with distance gaps.

I feel the same way as Tim. I don't see a really high flight on a normal shot but I feel like I have had much success hitting a high shot when I try. I am having a really easy time controlling the flight and distance with these wedges. Every time I am out with them I pull off a new shot that I hadn't tried with them before and it always seems to happen with ease. Distance control is great and I have no problems with distance gaps.

I'm not seeing the really high ball flight either....I CAN hit a super high shot if needed or I CAN flight them down, distance wise they are right on the money for me....I love these wedges...best I have ever hit!

Thank you for your feedback. You guys are making it difficult for me to resist....
I might have to join you guys with a couple Callaway Forged goodness.....

Thank you for your feedback. You guys are making it difficult for me to resist....
I might have to join you guys with a couple Callaway Forged goodness.....

I promise you won't be sorry! One of the things I love about these wedges is the extra weight in the head....especially from fluffy lies around the green...you get the feeling of just "dropping" the club on the ball and it pops right out with a little spin....it's really sweet!

My last 5-6 rounds out with these wedges have been nothing short of spectacular around the greens. I am still struggling with the Callaway irons that I was fitted for and purchased a little over a month ago, so I have had a lot of opportunities to put these to the test around the greens, and my scores have still been very good because my short game within 20 yards of the green is the best it has ever been. Besides loving the Chrome ball off the putter, I am leaving myself much shorter putts, many times tap-ins for pars, and even birdies on some par 5's that I have gone for in two. The thing I like best about these is the versatility. I am able to pull off flop shots, low shots to get under trees, and bunker shots with ease.

My last 5-6 rounds out with these wedges have been nothing short of spectacular around the greens. I am still struggling with the Callaway irons that I was fitted for and purchased a little over a month ago, so I have had a lot of opportunities to put these to the test around the greens, and my scores have still been very good because my short game within 20 yards of the green is the best it has ever been. Besides loving the Chrome ball off the putter, I am leaving myself much shorter putts, many times tap-ins for pars, and even birdies on some par 5's that I have gone for in two. The thing I like best about these is the versatility. I am able to pull off flop shots, low shots to get under trees, and bunker shots with ease.

I think the key thing you said here is versatility buddy. There is not a shot around the greens that don't feel I can pull off. I'm now a big believer in the C-grind but these wedges are for real.

These wedges will be in my bag until the grooves wear out.

I think the key thing you said here is versatility buddy. There is not a shot around the greens that don't feel I can pull off. I'm now a big believer in the C-grind but these wedges are for real.

I agree with that, and I will add when the grooves wear out I will buy another set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur with both of you. While I'm, struggling mightily with my short game, the issues are not with these awesome wedges. When I do execute a nice shot with these they sure perform great. They haven't had a ton of time with Callaway balls yet but the Z-Star yellows I've been playing lately have thanked me for the opportunity to be hit by these. The C grind is definitely good and makes for some interesting options around the green

These were the only good thing about my rounds over the weekend. I didn't putt well and lost too many strokes off the tee. These however performed like magic.

Love what I am reading on these wedges, great work guys.

Would love to see some updated photos of the Copper finish if any of you that have them would be so kind?

Love what I am reading on these wedges, great work guys.

Would love to see some updated photos of the Copper finish if any of you that have them would be so kind?

I will try and take some pictures tomorrow morning bro

Same here. Some slight discoloration but no rust. It actually looks awesome. Gotta wait til I can get them in some natural light.

Here are some pictures I just took showing the wear on the face and the slight patina that is starting. Still love the looks of these

013copyk.jpg

012copy.jpg

010copyl.jpg

009copy.jpg

008copyu.jpg

007copyw.jpg

006copyi.jpg

Here are some pictures I just took showing the wear on the face and the slight patina that is starting. Still love the looks of these

Thanks for posting up those pictures. Nice to see how they're wearing with use.

Wonder just how long until the rust like the old Cally Forged? Like the look after wear though.

Here are some pictures I just took showing the wear on the face and the slight patina that is starting. Still love the looks of these.
So many people like that look. I sure like how they look new, but I don't want mine doing this!

Struggled a little with my irons today. Did not struggle at all with these wedges. I put so many shots inside 10 feet today with these wedges to give myself looks at par/birdie. Also played 2 very good sand shots out of nasty wet sand. I am loving these wedges. They are extremely versatile. Had a tough 85 yard shot out of thick rough and a downhill lie. Grabbed the 54 and put it to 10 feet. Missed the putt but I gave myself a chance. My chipping has been outstanding as well. Just put the toe down and take a putting stroke. The sole on this wedge really glides through the turf, whether it be tight fairway or grabby rough. I kind of wish I had gone with 3 wedges. I am very surprised at the less than stellar Outing reviews these have gotten.

Really good performance by these again yesterday. Tight dispersion on pitches and chips. Hit a beautiful flop with my 59* yesterday. I will really start putting these through the paces the next month or so as my schedule is directed much more towards golf. These are really shinning on half swings and knockdowns for me.

I went to hit these wedges today. WOW! Really nice consistency, 16/20 shots within 92-95 yards with the 56 degree, felt as smooth as hitting a blade on center shots. Ordering 52, 56 and 60 with copper finish tonight, can't wait!

Had quite a few chances to pull these wedges yesterday. Very up and down. Had a very poor 1/2 swing day with these. Hit a couple fat and pulled a couple left. My chipping was pretty good and gave myself some chances to save par or birdie. Had a bunch of sand shots in some wet packed bunkers. These wedges thumped right through the sand and for the most part I was quite pleased with my bunker play.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

They sure are wearing nicely chunky.

My finish isn't changing as much, chunkys seems to be changing a little more on the back. Mine still looks a lot like New on the back and then it just has the discoloration on the face where I strike the ball.

Chipped in with my 59* for eagle today from about 40 yards out. Hit the stick 2 more times. I am really starting to like the feel of these. Just all around very solid clubs. I played a bump and run a few times today with my 51* and it worked perfectly.

These are really growing on me. At first I was kind of trying to force myself to like the heavier head weight. The more I use them however, the more I like them. They are easy to change shots with, and alter ball flight depending on what shot needs to be played. My favorite shot right now is kind of a knock down 3/4 swing pitch with my 59* that doesn't get very high and doesn't roll out a ton. I have been playing it with a ton of success lately.

Back