2012 Player and Rookie of the year

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
Well done to them both. Very impressive year for golf. What do you think ??

http://www.pgatour.com/2012/r/12/03...cilroy-rookie-of-the-year-john-huh/index.html

35677_10151108949316330_876288568_n.jpg

Hard to dispute either of those choices. A couple very good seasons by those two.

Both the correct selections. Huh has played some really consistent golf for a rookie.

no arguments here, solid 2012's for both of them

Can't wait to see Rory tearing it up with Nike in the bag.

I think they are both deserving. Congrats to both of them.

Great choices. Both had very solid seasons

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Congrats to them both. So this McIlroy kid is supposed to be pretty good?

Blixt should've won it. Huh won early in the year and got into more events that way. Played 7 more events and had a much higher average score.

Blixt should've won it. Huh won early in the year and got into more events that way. Played 7 more events and had a much higher average score.

Huh won early and played well all year. Jonas didnt win early and didnt play well all year. When it's rookie of the year, you gotta go with the guy who played his way into the final 30.

Rookie of the fall? Jonas.

Must add that Blixt was injured for a good portion of the summer, hence missing many events. Really did him in as far as making the top 75 and then the top 30.

I am thrilled with John Huh's selection. He played solidly all year.

He may not have had the best scoring average, but he played consistently and contended a lot. Blixt played well too.... but he also missed the cut about 1 out of every 3 events he played.

I guess that's why it wasnt his year then.

It's not like the difference is enormous in terms of ranking (6-7 spots?) but 7 events is a big difference. Haven't got the money list in front of me but it can't be more than a couple of hundred grand in difference.

It's not like the difference is enormous in terms of ranking (6-7 spots?) but 7 events is a big difference. Haven't got the money list in front of me but it can't be more than a couple of hundred grand in difference.

Yeah; 7 spots. If you look at it from a "money per event" perspective, Jonas ($107,414) made more money than Huh ($94,921).

Taking each player's entire record into account, however, I still believe that huh was the correct choice.

Last edited:
I'm just going to war for a guy who whooped my butt in a junior tournament a few years back. :D

I wonder if Huh can have a sustained career with that putting stroke. Only seen him a few times but maaaan it looked dodgy.

Both deserved it. No doubt about that.

Weird to see them only a year apart in age.

Great choices though. I like Huh a lot, looking forward to watching the kid moving forward, just solid.

I'm just going to war for a guy who whooped my butt in a junior tournament a few years back. :D

I wonder if Huh can have a sustained career with that putting stroke. Only seen him a few times but maaaan it looked dodgy.

Haha. Good enough reason as any. Yeah; I remember thinking that his putting stroke was meh... now I want to go back and really look at it.

Haha. Good enough reason as any. Yeah; I remember thinking that his putting stroke was meh... now I want to go back and really look at it.

As I recall he wasn't the only one with a yipsy day in the tournament he won. Appleby with the short miss, IIRC.

Hard to argue against either of these guys winning these awards. They both had outstanding seasons this year.

Back