Fitting question(lie angle)

Iowahacker

Reaction score
Handicap
Is lie angle a standard threw all companies. The reason i am asking is i was fitted for ping g20 irons last week. I was standard lie and flex with 1/2 inch longer shafts while i was there i hit vokey sm4 and cleveland 588 rtx wedges. I really liked the feel and weight of the sm4. So my questions.

1 would i be correct in the vokey would be standard shaft and lie with 1/2 long?

2 i have read that wedges should be 1/2 inch shorter than pitching wedge. Is this correct?

3 so with a standard ping g20 pw being 35.50 mine being 36 inches long. Would i be correct in buying a standard vokey at 35.50 gap(50 degree) and 35.25 sand wedge(54 degree).

I did a search and didnt find anything.

Thanks sorry about posting in wrong section just noticed.

Is lie angle a standard threw all companies. The reason i am asking is i was fitted for ping g20 irons last week. I was standard lie and flex with 1/2 inch longer shafts while i was there i hit vokey sm4 and cleveland 588 rtx wedges. I really liked the feel and weight of the sm4. So my questions.

1 would i be correct in the vokey would be standard shaft and lie with 1/2 long?

2 i have read that wedges should be 1/2 inch shorter than pitching wedge. Is this correct?

3 so with a standard ping g20 pw being 35.50 mine being 36 inches long. Would i be correct in buying a standard vokey at 35.50 gap(50 degree) and 35.25 sand wedge(54 degree).

I'm 0.75 degrees flat on my longer clubs and 0.50 degrees on my four wedges. In length's, I have 1/2 inch difference between irons and 1/4 inch between wedges.

Several responses here:

As noted above, lie angles are not standard. In fact, Pings are particularly hard to translate if you have anything but standard lie and length. Because your clubs are +1/2 your effective lie angle increases. Ping accounts for this and so your clubs are actually slightly flatter to stay at black dot.

There is no standard for wedge lengths, only what companies want to sell you off the rack. I highly recommend that you hit some balls if you can and check impacts. I play my clubs at +1/2" in Ping and all of my wedges are at 36" because anything less is uncomfortable and does not allow me to stay in my spine angle.

Back